Can my son come too please...?

I have a job to start in September, the school has now offered a post to my wife also
2 children to take along, the school say no problem for my 15 yr old daughter, but many problems in getting permission for my near 17 yr old son, to come and start his college course... Has anyone else every tried to take there 17 yr old son with them, and if so did it work ok?

17 year old will be problematic...as at 18 years old they are treated as adults and are no longer eligible for employers children allowance and therefore obtaining Iqama (resident permit) becomes difficult.

SaudiUK wrote:

17 year old will be problematic...as at 18 years old they are treated as adults and are no longer eligible for employers children allowance and therefore obtaining Iqama (resident permit) becomes difficult.

:(Any solutions or ideas would be very much appreciated..... please.

Unfortunately its not in your control, the ball is in your employers court...the visa is really for them to sort out...and they in return are at the mercy of the ministry.

No quick solution for this.

SaudiUK wrote:

Unfortunately its not in your control, the ball is in your employers court...the visa is really for them to sort out...and they in return are at the mercy of the ministry.

No quick solution for this.

O, well are there no procedures or guidelines as to what is permissible and what is not? or if not on what basis are decisions made?

well i lived till 21 on the student iqama.. dunno whether the rules have changed now or not.. its just every time during renewal .. I presented an enrollment letter proving my student status. I have friends who are in their 30s and still haven't transferred from student to regular iqama..

tazz.. worst case scenario would be to bring him , then later on you can get him transferred to some *free sponsor*, they take anywhere from 5-10 K per year.. and let your son stay here with them being their sponsor

@tazz: like kamii said there are always loopholes that you can get him in.. no probs.. but then you should really speak to your employers, just tell them that you want to bring him for now.. and if when he is 18 they dont renew the iqama, then you tell them that you will renew at your own expense. possible and has been done frequently..

Thanks Guys, sounds as if, where there is a will theres a way :)