Looking to relocate to Thailand

In 2004, I visited Bangkok, Ko Samui, Ko Phangan and Ko Phi Phi.  I loved Ko Phi Phi the most.  After that, I liked Ko Phangan and Ko Samui.

We're a Canadian couple looking to relocate to Thailand.  We would like to eventually start a family, so an international school will be valuable.  I work from home, so I need HIGH speed internet.  What is the fastest internet speed available from the ISPs?  Is 4 or 5 Mega bits per second, too much to ask?  Can I get satellite TV there to pick up American TV channels, such as CNBC?

My spouse would like to work.  She's currently a marketing coordinator for a large accounting firm.  What potential work can she get?

We would like to rent a nice condo, apartment or house near the beach.  Being on or close to the water is important to me and the main reason for relocating to Thailand.  We can afford up to approx. 45,000 Baht per month.  What's the best way to shop for a rental?  Are there good online sites?

Does anybody have advice or suggestions?

From this list:

Ko Samui
Ko Phangan
Ko Phi Phi
Ko Tao
Surat Thani
Ao Nang, Krabi
Krabi Town
Phuket

Which place would be the best?

Hello curt :) Welcome on Expat.com :)

I have introduced your message in a new thread (in Thailand forum) for more visibility! I hope that you will get some responses soon in regards to your above queries!

Best of luck!

Regards

Not sure what internet speeds you have available on the islands but you can check TOT Thailand web site and maybe find info.  Another option would be wireless CDMA provided by CAT.  Once again check CAT Thailand web site for details.

Satellite TV is available with CNBC and other western news channels.

You can check jobsdb.co.th for job possibilities for wife.

Google search for rentals.  Example search would be: rentals koh samui

International schools are not cheap should you have children in the future.

Do you have plans for a visa that will allow you to live here full time?

Hi, Is it possible to know why you wish to move from Toronto? I am thinking of living there. It would be valuable to have the view point of someone who has lived there. Appreciate it.

[Moderated]