SINGLE PARENT MOVING TO MALTA

Morning all I really need as much information as possible please,  I am wanting to move to Malta with my 3 children age 1,7,8 in December and I'm just terrified more at the fact of having a baby and how go about everything, schools, childcare, even on were to get uniforms for schools 😂😂
I have found a few appartment wanting to me in St. Paul's Bay Area, would €500 be enough for a bedroom or even a two bedroom, I would sleep on the sofa for time being, just got out of a nasty 10 year relationship and want to start fresh, are there any other single parents wanting to do the same thing and could have a chat about it

Many thanks

Natalie89 wrote:

Morning all I really need as much information as possible please,  I am wanting to move to Malta with my 3 children age 1,7,8 in December and I'm just terrified more at the fact of having a baby and how go about everything, schools, childcare, even on were to get uniforms for schools 😂😂
I have found a few appartment wanting to me in St. Paul's Bay Area, would €500 be enough for a bedroom or even a two bedroom, I would sleep on the sofa for time being, just got out of a nasty 10 year relationship and want to start fresh, are there any other single parents wanting to do the same thing and could have a chat about it

Many thanks

With regard schooling please read all the previous posts on this subject as it's been covered so many times, as regards accommodation €500 does not seem very much, do not take too much notice of the agents adverts as they are normally out of date and therefore not available.

Hi, I am in the same situation, planning to move with 3 kids, 2, 4 and 7 in January latest. And although I am not running from relationship but my hubby will be staying in Dubai and supporting us from there so I also kinda dreading this situation of apartment hunting, applying to school all paper works etc etc etc and all by myself. Some things as applications to school and getting e-residency for kids without the presence of their father might be difficult,  as much as I understand. So as you are moving there first I would really appreciate if you could share your experience first hand.

Thank you I will let you know how it goes x

Natalie will you be working?

Hi yes I want to work full time or even school times but is it hard with having a baby ? I'm just terrified to sell everything to move out and have to come home with nothing

Natalie89 wrote:

Hi yes I want to work full time or even school times but is it hard with having a baby ? I'm just terrified to sell everything to move out and have to come home with nothing

If you have not got a job lined up you may find a cheaper area to live, it's not easy working over here if you are on your own with children as they have three months off for summer the locals manage as they have family around them.    When you apply for your residence card you will have to prove you are earning a living or self sufficient.  Good luck.

I have a resedency card and in summer family will be taking turns to come over and help out or the kids would be going to England for a holiday so summer time is not a worry

Natalie89 wrote:

I have a resedency card and in summer family will be taking turns to come over and help out or the kids would be going to England for a holiday so summer time is not a worry

You will probably have to apply for a new card if you have not lived here for a while.

If you don't have a good job lined up here and you have family supporting you in the UK, it isn't wise to move here with 3 children. Coping with 3 children and no family support will be a nightmare especially if it wouldn't be feasible to pay for a babysitter on your income. I strongly suggest you reconsider your plan.

I completely agree with lambada's remarks.

Emigrating to Malta in your circumstances? - Don't entertain the notion, even for a moment.

Hi. How is it going. The school for the kids for sure a lot better then uk. And people a lot more friendly. The rent has gone up

You need a bit of money for start as well

Hello,

I hope you are well. I was wondering whether you have moved or getting ready to move. I am in the same situation, a single parent with 2 kids (7 and 9) but I am moving for a job. I was hoping that you could share with me your experience and how you are finding it.

Best regards
Abier

If you have a home and income where you are and presumably friends and relatives, I strongly suggest you stay where you are. This island is massively overpopulated and the area you mention is the worst. My children have now left here and work globally but lots has changed here and I would not recommend the place.
Single mothers are a target for unscrupulous males.

AbiHamedi wrote:

Hello,

I hope you are well. I was wondering whether you have moved or getting ready to move. I am in the same situation, a single parent with 2 kids (7 and 9) but I am moving for a job. I was hoping that you could share with me your experience and how you are finding it.

Best regards
Abier

You may not get an answer as this person has not participated on here recently.