EP stage 1 delayed from long time

Hi All,

I am from India and I got a job offer in Malaysia in June. My date of joining was in July first week, but due to the delay in processing I did not get EP till now.

My employer says as it is a delay from the new government and MDEC they wouldn't be able help and suggested me to wait. As per their update the status of the application now is "in MDEC: Verification Stage".

I am more worried that the client would take a call to drop me as there was a long delay.

Can anyone please suggest me how many days it would take from this verification stage to get the approval letter for EP and is this delay genuine?

Yes the delays are genuine. It's hard to say but after mdec the application goes to immigration. Indian approvals are slow because there is a security check and a VDR approval needed after which    you need to apply for the actual VDR in India (about 3-5 days for that process). Also medical required for salaries under Rm5000.

Thank you for the reply Gravitas. I guess I don't need a medical certificate.  :)

So, after immigration VDR letter is given to me by MDEC or I will have to apply here (in India) with the Visa letter provided?

Immigration produce a Visa Approval Letter and the employer passes it to you. Sometimes they need to snail mail it to you as an electronic copy is not acceptable.  This link explains the VDR application process. http://visaapplicationmalaysia.com/indi … uired.html

That answer is very crisp and clear. Thank you Gravitas.

Hi

Is it true that DP10 Visa processing has been delayed from June ? if so why what is the reason kindly let me know  please.

Change of government, Ramadan, Eid, backlogs, high volumes......... and probably a lot of other reasons.

Yes...the process has become very very slow. I have been waiting since 45 days for EP. I have quit my job in India for this Malaysian Job.

Hi,

If the application status is " in IMM: Verification stage" how many days it will take to get the visa letter?

Thanks in advance.

There is no set number of days for the immigration process. I've heard of cases taking 10 working days and others 3 months.

Each case is unique. If you work in the construction sector and have to register in Malaysia in order to work, then 2-3 months is quite realistic

The hiring process is quite complex. The company has to submit certain documents about its incorporation and apply for an expat position (quota). That is the first of many parts of the immigration process. Perhaps the delay is because the company hasn't submitted acceptable paperwork.

Thanks for the reply Gravitas.

Hi there.. Im filipino.. may I know the timeline for Mdec 1st stage application, how long does it normally take to get the approval letter? I'm currently exiting in Thailand and waiting for approval letter since August 8.. This week have holidays so work will resume next week, and next week would be my 4th week here. I'm bit worried if my 30day visa here in Thailand would be not enough in waiting for the approval letter.

Even after getting the Visa Approval Letter you will need to apply for the VDR single entry visa. I don't see 20 working days being possible. The VAL comes from the immigration department and the VDR from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. There is a public holiday this week and again next Friday. Check when Malaysian consulate in Thailand is going to be open as well in case Thai public holidays taking place.

If salary is above 5k I don't need the reference visa right and immigration can stamp journey performed visa.. I just need to wait for the approval letter and I can enter Malaysia again?

I think because of your nationality you need a VDR but check

I guess there is no Journey performed visa anymore,plz check,we have to exit and come from where we have applied,am not sure,plz help.

Gravitas,You are instrumental --Thanks for guiding us.

My stage 1 has been delayed for more than 4 months now,and still waiting -- i had my EP earlier in 2013 to 2015 --but this time its been delayed very badly.