Legal services in Oman

Hello,

Legal services can be a headache when you don't have the relevant and necessary information, especially upon moving to a new country. Please share some tips regarding legal services in Oman.

What types of legal services might an expat need in Oman?

Are legal services easily accessible?

What are the best ways to go about finding a professional for your legal needs in Oman? (e.g. online, yellow pages, word of mouth)?

What are the most affordable options for legal services (private, public, etc.)? Is there a range regarding fees?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

In fact.This is a very general question but as a rule Of thumb , most services can be done in SANAD office ( Maktab SANAD)

Hi,
Oman is the country that has a low crime rate base on my experience. First time I came here that was 5 years ago all the necessary  papers that I need my employer is the one who provide. The Pro accompany me in Govt. Hospital  for me to know if I'm fit to work though I had done that in my country  before.  After  that you proceed  to Labor office for you to take your labor card.  And here it's not so hard to do that if all your papers are properly done.  I don't have a problems for accommodation and food coz I work as a cook here. I have friends who work out side house and only the problems they encounter is other things are cost much. People  here are also kind and accommodating that is base on the people that I'm with. When you live and work in another country you need to open your mind and heart all the possible that may happens.  Example are food ,weather language obey their culture and their laws.  If you do that you can simply and easily live in any other country.

Dear Priscilla,

First of all thank you for asking me a questions regarding legal service in Oman.
Actually i never had any kind issues with me so that i can use Legal services.
What is the cost for legal services , where are they working and how they are working .I don't know anything about it.
If i will face any issue in future and use legal services than at that time i will share my experience with you for sure.

For any other question you can approach me , if i will have knowledge i will give you proper answer.

Look to hear from you soon.

Regards
Amer Pervez