What to expect in Kuwait as an expat

Hello my dear friends,

As an expat moving to another country, especially in Middle East we all have lots of hopes and assumptions, but all assumptions don't come true. I would personally like to share my experience and suggestions on what to expect and what to do in many cases from when you move in to Kuwait, adapting here and settling here.

1. Rental Rooms- Before flying to Kuwait itself I would suggest you to check out rooms for staying (If your company is not sponsoring it for you). I would personally suggest if you are from South Asian countries go for Al Farwaniya (rents are quite affordable), from western countries opt for Al Ahmadi. Have a look at this article where you get the detailed level information on locations in Kuwait here.
2. Mandatory Accounts/Documents- As soon as you land you need to make civil id no. This is like a passport of the country for expats. Basic documents like visa, passport & photograph are required. Read more about the process here-As you are in Kuwait to earn and grow, definitely open a bank account if your company is not having a corporate account. I would personally suggest to open an account in NBK, mine was a salary accountfrom the company. Although for any bank you still need a civil id no, that's why it is the most important thing in Kuwait as I mentioned. You will get sim cards available at airport as well. I found them little costly although. The most affordable and used is Viva Telecom's Sim card. I personally use that and net prices are quite cheap and affordable. Although will require a passport to avail for the sim card.
3. Lifestyle- Major population are of South Asians, even mopre than Kuwaitis at places. The country is comparatively expensive in terms of food and home rentals. Still the country is beautiful and people are friendly. Find the cost of living costs here- Numbeo3. Temperature- Many might be aware about the high temperatures in summer, this is a very common thing we all are assuming while moving to a Middle Eastern country and yes that's true. But the thing in Kuwait you also have soothing cold nights in winter, temperature and atmosphere gets so beautiful that in winter you will feel great the whole day with cold breeze running around you. My suggestion is try to move in during Jan or Feb as your body will get time to acclimatize to the rising temperature- Have a look at the annual chart of temperature in Kuwait- Holiday Weather
5. Travelling- Travelling is cheap in Kuwait. You have buses and cabs easily available at major points. The whole country can be accessible within 3-4 hour (max) drive if you are located at the centre of the country. I would suggest you buy a used car if you are planning to stay for a longer duration. You can check used cars from here OpenSooq
6. Food- I am from South Asian country and I have many restaurants which serve food of my country from here at almost every major location. Arabic, European and American cuisines are also easily available just you need to know the exact places. The restaurants charge a lot for food for two. So I would suggest if you have provision at your room to cook, buy the organic food and cook. 
7. Laws- Kuwait is in Islamic country. But still the country is highly secular with other faiths. The laws are not enforced on religion although the country's laws are always kept at apex. A simple traffic signal breaking would cost you a lot in Kuwait. Make sure you abide by the laws as much as possible- Check the basic laws here- WIKI
8. Festival (Eid)- Eid is the biggest festival celebrated here. If you are not a Muslim, you may find it different as you won't be able to eat food in public. Although Eid also brings shopping and many offers. The next big holiday season is winters. Major expats move to holiday to their motherland at this time of the year.
9. Places to see- Kuwait is a very small country but has many things to do and places to visit. The best part is you can get the chance to visit all the places as the country is very small. A drive of 3-4 hours will make you reach at any part of the country. If you are in Kuwait, the must visits are 1. Kuwait Towers- You can see the beautiful 360 degree view from the top and it is very beautiful, it is also the tallest building in Kuwait 2. Liberation tower- The architecture is too awesome and it is the second longest building in Kuwait. 3. Grand Mosque- The grand mosque is the biggest dome mosque in Kuwait and a must visit. 4. Al Hamra Tower- The tower is the biggest building in Kuwait and the architecture is completely awesome. Also apart from these Kuwait Museum, Zoo, Green Island, Aqua Park and many more places are most famous destinations in Kuwait. Check out more on it here- Trip Advisor
10. Numbers- Kuwait is a very safe and calm place. Although police and fire brigade are easily available. The best thing is just you have to buzz on 112 for major things, apart from that you can also check the numbers of all important contact numbers in Kuwait here at E.Gov

Nice suggestions.