Property Professionals

Wanting to find out experiences of any property professionals in Canada, especially commercial valuers, real estate appraisers...

Hi rcf4711,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope you get replies to your queries very soon.

Good luck.

thanks Christine

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
I am a real estate agent (realtor) and in that capacity meet appraisers from time to time. I am originally from the UK (London) and am now in Vancouver.

The appraisers I know all work for companies, often small ones. Their work comes from banks and other lenders.

Let me know what specifically you'd like to know.

rcf4711 wrote:

Wanting to find out experiences of any property professionals in Canada, especially commercial valuers, real estate appraisers...

Warmly,

Frank
relocation2bc.com
homesofstyle.com

Frankbc,

Many thanks for the reply...

I am awaiting a job offer in Calgary, currently living in the UK...

Just wanted to know genereal, how people experience and deal with winters there, what living conditions are like, and the cost of living...

many thanks

Hi,

My mother lived in Calgary, though at that time I was in the UK. She loved the climate there because it is so dry. Winters are cold. I remember visiting here when it was -28 c and not very pleasant waiting for the bus!

Winter means taking the time to dress properly and just getting on with it. Here in Vancouver we dress for the rain, and only put on winter gear when we go skiing. I always like to think that snow is where it should be - on the mountains - and is there for us to play in and not to shovel.

Hope the job works out.

Warmly,

Frank