Property prices in Canada

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Canada is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Canada?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

Click this link to see the monthly report for the greater Toronto area:

trebhome.com/market_news/market_watch/

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not propose your own services on the forum. Kindly register in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am interested in knowing if "relatively higher percentage" English speaking areas like Châteauguay or Hudson have a higher cost of living (housing) than equivalently desirable areas around Montreal that are "very high percentage" French speaking. Anyone have some knowledge about this?

Is there a similar market watch for Vancouver? As the one posted for Toronto. 10x!

Comparing Ontario and Alberta, which of these two provinces has lower cost of accommodation/rent for a new comer in Canada?

Dear                                                                        I live in Egypt after 40 years experience in Egypt and other countries Oman,  Denmark and Kuwait , the flat in Kuwait in 2010 about Rental 250 kd , cost life about 75 kd .  Denmark life cost about  1000 Dk in month , stdio home rental about 3500 kd ( Denmark krone)  transport bus monthly about 350 Denmark krone  of 2000 year . In Egypt different prices  Sach as flat rent different prices some ears about 2000 lg monthly.     In canada I don't know all about prices for flats rental and life cost .                                              Thank you and regards                                         Ibrahim

Look up realtor.ca , also search kijiji to get an idea about selling/renting prices