Settling In

Hello. I have been living in Cairo for a while now, so far spending most of my time at home working (self employed). It's time to look around a little more at what this great city has to offer. I'm not into bars, clubs and raucous living, but want to spread my wings a little. Any advice from either locals or expats
welcome.

Sure, there are many places you can visit and hang out in.
You can go to the pyramids, museum if you are into culture, Nile, there are many malls in Cairo
City Stars, Cairo festival, mall of Arabia and others.
You can travel to Alexandria or any other city too.

Sounds good, thanks.

I suggest going to places like el hussen and its around places also, wst el bald, masr el gdeda "old places", el Qalaa, u can see and touch the old Egypt plus these places are not that fancy, u can enjoy walking around

also u can visit the public places in Egypt "which is in my opinion not reflect a lot about us"

hope u gonna enjoy ur time

Thank you for that. Why do you feel the public places don't say much about Egyptians?

it's something hard to explain, its about feelfil the beauty of the place and another reason I don't like to mention

well, let's simplify it, as if someone invite u for food and he/she over-decorated the food to that extent makes it unreal or loose its meaning, after all it's food and u wanna enjoy tasting not to watch it unlike other guy who offered u food and left u to just enjoy its tasting

hope u got my point

I see. I haven't come across that. You mean they are trying too hard to impress? With locals or foreigners, or with everyone?

I was staying with friends in Morocco once (just on holiday, not living there like Cairo)
and at New Year the married daughter brought a great pile of very sweet over iced
cakes. We simply couldn't eat them all and some were wasted. Of course that was
to celebrate a special day.

so far so close ;)

hope u gonna enjoy ur time here [dont over work  give it balance work and hv fun ;)]

Hello. Thanks for your message. You're a woman? I presume that's your picture. Nice to meet you. Most replies I've had are from men,

halalooyaaa :D
I dont know is it something good or bad :D

Neither good or bad. But it's nice to have a balance of male and female contacts and opinions, you get a better understanding of things then.