Expat lady in Cairo

Expat dutch in maadi
seeking to meet expat friends to hang out
waiting to hear from u soon

welcome to Egypt
hope u will like Egypt and live in it

thnx abdallah

Hello Dutch Lady,
I'm from Syria and I live in New Maadi, I'm also searching for friends and I like to join expatriate community.
We can arrange something together at weekends if you like.

Best wishes,
Malda

welcome to Egypt
hope u will like Egypt

She was hoping to meet Expat friends!!!!!!!!!!

im russian and im interesting too :-)

Don't send ANY contact details!!!
Especially mail address and phone number.

Some of the people that will bother you will not be expats and ill wish you didn't have a phone or a PC.

I have friends who made this mistake on other expat websites when they frist arrived in Cairo, and the level of harrassment you will be surprised at (and how horrible and disgusting some 'people' can be)

If you wish to meet anyone - make it a public place, and never go alone if you can help it (just to be sure!).

biffy wrote:

All Egyptians think themselves expats ,lol :D:D:D

Please excuse my ignorance, i didnt know the complete meaning of an expat until today. I've deleted my previous post.

well welcome to egypt :) there is weekly meting lasted for more than a year i guess u can go there sure u will find ppl from maadi who  u can hang with :) beside maadi is a good place for expats hopefully u will find a group soon :) and if u need any help the blog here is extremely helpful most of the topics helped me a lot :)

Hi, I arrived Egypt last June, I am a Telecom consultant and I also live in Maadi, let's see what we can do, email me on [email protected].

BR.

What about making a regular weekly or monthly meeting at a different place in maadi
lets start from the next week end lets see what about saturday 20 april 2013
so who is in

hello ,
this is my mail at facebook
[email protected]

hello fouad714.
Careful with your email.
Don't disclose it through public mail, else you might get too many emails.....

I doubt it
1) he's not an expat
2) he isn't a woman!!

is it forbidden to share my mail in public here ?

the matter is : she asked for an expat lady and u r not expat and not a lady that's it :)

biffy wrote:

Don't send ANY contact details!!!
Especially mail address and phone number.

Some of the people that will bother you will not be expats and ill wish you didn't have a phone or a PC.

I have friends who made this mistake on other expat websites when they frist arrived in Cairo, and the level of harrassment you will be surprised at (and how horrible and disgusting some 'people' can be)

If you wish to meet anyone - make it a public place, and never go alone if you can help it (just to be sure!).

I'm really sorry for this, u should be cautious, I have a swedish friend told me that a camel keeper at the pyramids tricked him and made him ride the camel for a photo, and when he was on it, the keeper made the camel to get up, and didnt let my friend down until he said that he will pay him!! :)
initally, the keeper was offering my friend to ride the camel, but he refused, so the keeper said how about a photo beside the camel!! then, how about a photo on the camel!! :)
But-I have to say-there are lots of good and respectful Egyptians.

welcome to Egypt.
i wish u have a nice time here.

, both of you , are welcome

biffy wrote:

we just welcome her calm down why u r so aggrisive :(

MMMMMMmmmmmm I am not aggressive - just realistic - just see how many egyptian men have already put their contact details - and I dread to think how many mails she has had.
The lady was quite specific - expat ladies!!!

ANd unless you are an expat lady on this forum - you have no idea why the warnings are given!
Unless you do really - because why have you joined an epat forum!?

Take it easy biffy, Nothing is perfect.

She speaks the truth!!!!!

Sure, I agree, but if you may think about how much these people represent compared to Egypt population. These people is not exceeding 1% of the Egyptian people, maybe less. Quite acceptable percentage for Egypt population with Middle East Culture. I know these people, they are great, real honest and willing to help, but small percentage miss use the right. I can give several examples and reasons, why you as foreigners facing this? 
Simply because you are here, facing different culture with long history with quite good percentage of ignorance and poor.
You miss choose the persons, you deal with certain segment, and they does not represent Egyptian people.
I do not want continue writing tons of reasons, Believe that most of the Egyptians are good people and willing to help you against the bad ones, but if you insist to go with the bad guys and you consider they are good, no one can help you.
I would take care of myself if I am in your country, and I faced allot of bad situations in several countries I visited before, but I did not consider all the people in this country are bad 
Just take care, and seek help from trusted source. We are here to help you.

My best wishes to all of you
Ayman

This is an expat forum.. you have completely missed the point!

Yes, I know. what you will find here, is everywhere else in Egypt.

Just trying to give an example, and clarification.

Also, I know it does not relate to the original request of German Lady.

The point is, wrong attitude in different places (online or Offline) are from small number of people with that attitude.

My advice Just ignore them.

Cheers

Ayman

Although, I am very sorry if it is a too much elaboration.

Regards

Ayman

Hello to you all.

First of all, thank you for contributing on the website.

But, it seems that some of the messages here are off topic. It would be much appreciated if you could refocus on the initial topic.

And if there's any inappropriate message, just hit the 'report' button.

Thank you for your comprehension.

Karen
Expat.com team

heeyyyy friend am interetsted in having friendship with u ....am looking for expats to make friens too.
Dina.

Hi Dina,

Can you please introduce yourself :)?

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

am Sudanese lady live in Cairo for many years ...i wud like making new friends only with expats .. mainly english speaking ppl or who can speak Eng...wud love to get to know new cultures and lang exchange and hanging out and have new friends.  :-)

hi Dina would be happy to be ur friend do u visit Maadi?

biffy wrote:

This was GOLD :)

A-Kheto wrote:
biffy wrote:

This was GOLD :)

So funny

OMG - think he only rad the first message - and he has only just joined - why am I not surprised!!

:)

Things that I need to explain will not be proper for the forum.

No Surprises at all

:):):):):):)

biffy wrote:

OMG - think he only rad the first message - and he has only just joined - why am I not surprised!!

Hahahaha...

ah, I remembered one word I heard only in Egypt.

In Egypt we say, Expect the unexpected. :)