Enter with tourist visa and look for a job

Hi,

I am a non-EU citizen and my German boyfriend is living and working in Sweden. I want to move to Sweden and work there. I know that, when applying for a work permit, I need to be outside of Sweden. However, it is difficult to find a job in Sweden without being there and attending interviews.

Therefore, my plan is as follows:
1) Enter Sweden with a tourist visa and look for a job there
2) Find a job and get an offer
3) Go back to my country of origin and apply for the work permit from there
4) Receive the work permit in my country of origin
5) Enter Sweden with my work permit

Do you think that there could be problems with my plan?

Best,
Maria

I am almost at the same situation, will follow to see the answers from people that moved to Sweden.

mariamora wrote:

Hi,

I am a non-EU citizen and my German boyfriend is living and working in Sweden. I want to move to Sweden and work there. I know that, when applying for a work permit, I need to be outside of Sweden. However, it is difficult to find a job in Sweden without being there and attending interviews.

Best,
Maria

Your plan is the correct way of doing it, and you will not have any problems in doing so.

mariamora wrote:

Hi,

Best,
Maria

From what i know from most of my friends experiences here, the employer is more priority whom already living in sweden which is easier fro the employer to reach their employees. Especially if they already on the sistem like having personnummer and swedish ID. I have them but still hard to find a job due the language barrier.

The plan should work just fine, though, as others say, the language issue is a genuine imperative in Sweden. SFI might be a possible once you settle - officially in the country - and Swedes will - unsurprisingly - generally choose a Swede over an outsider in terms of employment offers etc. Good luck and just keep trying. It's a beautiful country, worth the effort.