Bike to work in Cyberjaya?

Hello, there is a good chance I will be posted to work in Cyberjaya for 6 months starting in fall. My family would come with me and we would rent a 3-4 br apartment. My workplace would be at the Hanwha Q Cells factory on the extreme western edge of Cyberjaya.

It seems like transit links to Cyberjaya are not very good at the moment. The DTS shuttle would take over an hour each way even from one stop away, according to the schedule. The Putrajaya/Cyberjaya train stop is on the extreme eastern edge of Cyberjaya, so if I took the train there I would still need to get 12km across Cyberjaya to get to the office. I've read there is a local bus or shuttle, but I can't find information about stops or schedule.

With only a 6 month stay, it seems like a lot of overhead to try to get set up legally to drive and obtain a car. Also some colleagues who are living in Ampang drive to work and say the traffic is a nightmare. So even though we might otherwise like to be in KLCC, we are looking at most likely living in Cyberjaya.

Since my wife and kids would be at home mostly, we would like to live someplace with a pool and possibly other expatriate families around they might be able to become friendly with. It would be nice if they could feasibly walk to some shops for food and things to do.

Most of the residential developments in Cyberjaya are still not really close enough to walk to the office though. I am wondering if it might be feasible to bicycle on a daily basis, something like 3-8km. I live near Boston in the US now and cycle 19km each way most days. The potential issues would be lack of bike lanes or lanes wide enough on the street to accommodate bikes riding on the side, and I guess it will be hot and/or rainy most of the time.

Any advice or thoughts welcome. Thanks!

Yes it would be possible to bike around Cyberjaya. There arent any cycle lanes. But its a very quiet area indeed.

I think if I were in your position I would choose somewhere better connected and more lively.

There are several DTS routes available. http://www.cyberjayadts.com.my/default. … ageid=3135

There is also a fast train to Putrajaya from KL Sentral (28 mins) called the KLIA Transit

https://www.kliaekspres.com/wp-content/ … AR2018.pdf

I think I have seen bicycle stands at the station but there are buses and taxis (and Grab). There seem to be 2 bus routes from Putrajaya station to your workplace. Moovit website might be useful.

As there are only 0.6% expats in KL and Cyberjaya is basically a business park, it may not have much western expat life and its a long way from everywhere else. Putrajaya is basically a government civil service township

Follow up on this post, having lived in Cyberjaya for 3 months now. The train station is on the other side of town from my office and I think it would be annoying to commute that way every day. All my coworkers come by company bus, car, or motorbike. I take two Grabs per day, but I live close by and the company pays anyway.

Cyberjaya is pretty boring, but my family have a few friends in the same development and we get out to do things on the weekends. Kids are busy with schoolwork and going to the pool during the week.

I tried to join the bikeshare program here, but it would not accept any of my credit cards (probably should get local bank account...).

I think biking to work here would be ok, and I do see a few people on bike most days. If I were going to be here longer I would buy a bike.

i am working in Damansara Height and i live in puchong , Distance from my house to office is 18Kms .. first month i traveled on MRT i had to change it twice and it cost me Rm 10 both ways .. I recently gotta a cheap Bike for Rm 1500 SYM Bonus Sports 100 CC and it is so much faster , easier and convenient. Rm 10 Petrol lasts me 3 Days.

in few months i plan to upgrade to a better bike :)