How to deal with stress when moving to Spain

Moving abroad is no easy feat. Everyone has their own ways of dealing with stress, so we invite you to share some insights regarding this topic.

What are the main factors that contribute to stress when moving to Spain (cultural adaptation, moving with family, administrative and bureaucratic issues, language differences, etc.)?

What activities would you recommend to help deal with this type of stress?

What are some techniques that have helped you deal with stress?

Is there a way to avoid being stressed out or anxious when moving to Spain?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

They say that moving house and holidays are the two most stressful things you can do.  As an ordained Buddhist I have taught Buddhist meditation practices for almost 30 years and whilst the benefits of meditation go far beyond stress reduction and relaxation, they are often what many people seek.
There's a popular misconception that meditation is about emptying the mind so it becomes a blank.  If you have ever tried to make your mind blank, you will have realised that it is totally impossible.  However, it is possible to focus one's mind by paying attention to something in a particular way. 
You could choose many things as a point of focus; a flower, a lighted candle, swirling smoke from a stick of incense, but the most widespread practice uses the breath.  The first thing you do when you leave the womb is to take a breath and you don't stop doing so until you die.  During all that time, in spite of its importance, there has probably never been a single moment that you paid close attention to what happens when you breath. Obviously, I can't lead you through a meditation here, but just try this as a sample. 
Firstly, find a comfortable, quiet place.  Slip off your shoes, sit still close your eyes and try to empty your mind.  See how long it is before your 'monkey mind' goes chasing after thoughts.  Probable well short of 30 seconds. 
Now, pay attention to your natural breathing rhythm but don't try to change it.  Notice that after you breath in and breath out there's a slight pause before the next breath comes in.  Silently, inside your head, in that space, count one.  Then count two, then three , four, etc.  If you get to ten, go back to one and start again. When your 'monkey mind' inevitably goes scampering off, just acknowledge what has happened, stop chasing after it, return to the breath and and begin again at one. 
Try this for just 5 minutes and afterwards see if you feel any different.  Don't expect too much. Meditation is like learning to swim or ride a bike.  It takes a little patience but after a while you get the hang of it and can try sitting for longer and without counting.  Gradually the stress of moving your home to a different country with all that it involved, will slowly dissolve away.

I guess I am possibly an exception but I had been a career detective for 30 years prior to coming to spain.  My life in spain from day one was so relaxed compared with my police work that every day was a relaxed holiday

30 years on that is pretty much the same

I just go to the pub. Works for me and I still breathe.

Hi
I'm homa and Iam from Iran..
I will move to spain with my family one mounth later .
My the most problem is my job .
I don' t know l can find the job there or no!!!
Thanks for your helping