Cooking like a local in Kuwait

Hello,

Enjoying the local food of your expat country is great, but learning to cook the dishes yourself is even better. Please share what it's like cooking like a local in Kuwait.

What are some of the most popular local dishes that are easy to prepare?

What are the most common ingredients used in dishes in Kuwait? Where can you purchase them?

Is there a specific technique or a secret ingredient to master the local cuisine?

Are there resources available to teach you to cook like a local (classes, websites, etc.)?

What are the advantages of learning to prepare local dishes in Kuwait?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

What are some of the most popular local dishes that are easy to prepare?

Machboos (mainly rice and some kind of mean or chicken) but needs an experienced cook as several types of spices are added to the mixed. The way the rice i cooked should be in a specific way as it needs to be not so soft nor too hard...
Oh just noticed the word (easy) in the question haha.. 

What are the most common ingredients used in dishes in Kuwait? Where can you purchase them?

Rice and a lot of different spices (saffron, cardamom, chili, and hundreds others) all can be found in almost any supermarket.

Is there a specific technique or a secret ingredient to master the local cuisine?

You need to be in love with food as we have something called (nefas) which translate to (breath) and its the way you put yourself into what you're cooking. And of course you need to know how each spice interact with the ingredients and add flavour to the dish. I guess all that is international.

Are there resources available to teach you to cook like a local (classes, websites, etc.)?

Best way is to learn from old local ladies here :-)

What are the advantages of learning to prepare local dishes in Kuwait?

If you have a local husband, he will love you more.
If you have a local boyfriend, he will marry you. Hahahahaha

in fact we have mor than 300 Resturant in kuwait so i depending on them , because I have no time to cook , so it's easy to call dilevary.