Venezuelan-Americans New to Kuala Lumpur

Hello!

My husband, son and I will be moving to Malaysia in the next 2 months.  We wanted to get a head-start by joining an Expat.com and seeing if we could get help in guiding us towards finding good residential neighborhoods, schooling, shopping, etc.

We currently live in the Phoenix, Arizona, but I am originally from Venezuela, and my husband and son are American (US). My husband is a pilot and we plan on flying out in the next month or so to begin scouting out places to live, etc., but we were hoping to jump-start the process through this forum. 

If anyone can give us any advise on how to better navigate Malaysia as an expat, we welcome your comments.

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!

Karina

Welcome on board Karina ;)

Welcome Karina. You will love it here as there's a lot of International Schools and lot's of wonderful homes for you to choose. If you require any information we're just a mail away.

The upper class area to live would be Damansar Heights, Sierramas, Bukit Tunku, Bangsar and Desa Parkcity lots more actually but these are the most popular areas and the access is easy to your grocery store,schools, hosp,restaurants,clubs and pubs and more.

You will not regret your stay here, except for the massive jams everything else is safe and good in our country. Let me know if you have any other inquiries and I'm be more than happy to fill you in.

Regards,
Narveen

Karina

Bienvenida a Malasia!  Por estos lados las damas latinas estan muy activas en la comunidad y te combidan a participar a conocerlas.  Mi esposa, Desiree, tambien es de Venezuela (Oriental de Carupano) como muchas Venezolanas en Kuala Lumpur.  Para conocer mas te invito a contactarlas por medios de correo electronico por este link.

[Moderated]
Saludos y suerte en tu mudanza

Hello mikexom,

Can you please post in English in this Anglophone forum so that other members can understand and eventually participate. If you want to post in Spanish, you can use the Hispanophone version of the site.

Thanks for your kind comprehension.

Regards

Karina

Welcome to Malaysia.  In Malaysi, there is a very active Latin Women's group which includes many Venezuelans as well as women from other Latin American countries, there are several committees including Events (organizes the best formal ball of the year in KL...) and Welcoming committee to welcome new moves into KL.

My wife, Desire, is a member of the group and happens to Venezuelan (from the Eastern side, Carupano).

If you are interested in meeting or joining the organization, please feel free to contact any of the members as listed in the organizations web page (can find by writing to email [email protected] or also can get more information from their website damaslatinas.com.my

Hi,
My top tip is live close to where you work....traffic is crazy and working days can be long. I'm not sure if your son is of school age, but there are lots of good schools about.
We have been here 5 months, and if you have any specific questions I would be happy to share the little that we have learnt.
hope you enjoy it as much as we are enjoying it!
Jo

[Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + register in the business directory]

Have you made your move yet?  My husband and I are moving to KL from Colorado next month.  It would be fun to meet up with you sometime in July as new comers to the area!  How old is your son?

lisarial ...please take note this post is created way back in April 2011.

Ahh....  I see.  I should pay closer attention, thanks!

Hi please get in touch with

Latin Ladies Association of Malaysia
llam.org
Facebook Latin ladies association of Malaysia
Email [email protected] & [email protected]

They could be a great source of info and friendship when you arrive to kl