Getting post (to a remote village)

Hello,

We are moving into a remote village and the last 1Km of road to our house is just mud/grass so inaccessible without a 4x4. I wondered if anyone knew how post would get delivered to such a place? There are post offices in the nearest towns to us which we could drive to to collect post but how do I know which one it would go to? Or perhaps I need to pay for a P.O. box address?

Any help greatfully received :)

Thanks
Sam

Hi we have bought a property in a similar location our post gets delivered to the mayor's house in local village if he's not in or away  it gets delivered to village cafe/bar

Yes, from what i understand there is no door-to-door post delivery in villages in BG, (however, i may be wrong).  I'm currently in UK but when i send letters to my friends living in BG i write their telephone number on the back of the letter.  Once the letter arrives at the local post office, the post master/mistress telephones my friend to say they have mail and they come and collect.

However, I would love to hear the experiences of others as i will be over in BG house hunting in May. 

Paula

Hi, we have a PO box in the nearest small town for our mail, it is cheap enough to use year after year, approx £14 per year.

For parcels we ensure our phone number is on the parcel and it is delivered to our  village center usually by courier. The courier calls us when close to our village then we meet the courier in the center. It is a quaint way of doings things however it works just fine.

The only drawback is that it can take up to 6 weeks to arrive although in fairness it is usually about 2 weeks.

Hello,

Thanks so much to you all for your help that is really useful.

I will let you know how we get on. I think we will probably go for a P.O.
Box as I don't think there is a mayor in our nearest village.

Thanks again :)