New members of the Zimbabwe forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Zimbabwe forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Zimbabwe if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hallo to you all my friends call me marshmallow. I live in Mutare. Thank you so much for welcoming me. Well am glad to be on this forum and I hope I will learn and experience most of everything here.  Currently small not doing anything but am looking for 100% brazillian and Peruvian weaves to sell in  other mutare and Harare and possibly Bulawayo and masvingo so I need all the help I can get. I want to buy in bulk.  Possibly if I could get them cheaper I would open  a shop here in Mutare.

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Mashmallow

Hi all!

I'm living in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe now for 5 years already! Don't know how that happened ;-). I came to Africa in 2007 as production manager in a diamond polishing factory. I worked for 1.5 years in Gaborone, Botswana and then for 3.5 years in Johannesburg, South Africa. When the company closed I decided to follow my wife to Zimbabwe where we are since running a small preschool in Bulawayo with a primary school coming up in 2019...
That's me, no plans to ever go back to the home country!

I am an Expatriate living and working as a Publishing Journalist in Spain for 25 years. 

Due to an unexpected professional offer for a long standing  tourism Company, based in Harare, and  I am seriously contemplating a relocation to Harare in 2019. 

This period of time, I am utilising all avenues of research to find out about English native speakers or bilingual English speakers,  Italian and Spanish expatriates living and working in Harare and of course about vital matters such as:
1)  Government  Required Vaccines.
2)  Rental apartments ..
3)  English language magazines and newspapers in print.
4)  Type of Visa for study and work needed .. 
5)  Are there employment contracts like in the European Unión ?
6)  English language academies for teaching business English inside corporations ?

Thank you for all your future suggestions ..

My name is kiki. Currently living in Zimbabwe. I am a Human Resources Consultant as well as  a Life coach. Looking to meet new people from all over the world. I would be more than happy to share any country info. for Zimbabwe.

Hello you can get institutions that teach English here. But im not sure about corporate business language. The spanish Embassy in Zimbabwe can be a great help with the visa info etc.

I'm Patience,I'm a Zimbabwean but currently living in south Africa ,I really miss home :(

Hie there.
I am Ndabezinhle Muna. I am a native Zimbabwean native, living in Harare. For the past 15 years I have been a freelance Graphics and Architectural designer.
I carried out a number of successful projects in Zimbabwe and South Africa.  I need a potential investor to invest in my business ideas as I need to expand in terms of industrial printing machinery and construction machinery.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=830443

Thanks!

Closed