New members of the Vietnam forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Nice to meet you and i am Alicia. I am new to expat.com.  :cheers:

I am from Penang, Malaysia and have been staying in Singapore for 5 years plus. I plan to move to Ho Chi Minh City soon this year as my husband has a job in Vietnam.

I am currently looking for a job in Ho Chi Minh city and i found it tough as most of the jobs for expat are for managers/directors level.  :( i browse through the job list and most of the jobs are language teaching jobs which also require a native speaker.

I am currently working as Inside Sales and i'm open to customer service, marketing, purchasing, & etc job. If there is any jobs opportunities or tips that you could share with me, it would be very much appreciated.

Apart from that, i'm looking forward to make new friends too.  So please feel free to contact me.  ;)

Thank you.

Hi Yen,

Nice to meet you.  :cheers:
Sorry for sudden interrupt.

Same as you i am a Malaysian and have been staying in Singapore and now planning to move to Ho Chi Minh because of my husband job.

I find it difficult to find jobs in Ho Chi Minh. All the job listing are managerial/director level and also the English teaching jobs for native speaker only. Wonder if you are working now? If so, do you have any tips that you could share with me?

Thank you.

Hi,

My name is Alan and I'm planning on buying property in Vung Tau in the next year or two. I've been working on and off in SE Asia for the last 5 years and have visited Vietnam on a number of occasions. Having had a good look at some of the most popular regions I've settled on Vung Tau because of its weather, relaxed life style, cost of living and proximity to Saigon. I'm currently in a relationship with a Vietnamese national (3 years now) and we have been spending our time travelling back and forth between VN and the UK. The plan is to eventually spend the summer in the UK and winter in VN. I'm aware of the many difficulties regarding visas and property rights etc. and would be interested in hearing any advisory tales from anyone in the group. Difficulties aside, I'm looking forward to spending a bit more time in Vung Tau and ditching my winter clothes!

Hello all! I went to Vietnam on holiday and loved it and immediately began plotting ways to move there! So I did a CELTA and I'm moving to Hanoi to teach English. I'm from England (Norwich, then moved to Cambridge). I'm hoping to find the answers to all my niggling expat-logistic questions, and maybe make some Hanoi expat friends :)

Hi guys! My name is Tumen, I am from Russia. I know I know guys, I look asian...ahah
Currently I live in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. I am planning to make some changes in my life, Hopefully this month I will be going to Ho CHi Minh City, I would like to get a market research related job and want to stay permanently there, even though I've never been to Vietnam before..Sounds crazy. Anyways if you own a company and are looking for someone proactive with unorthodox thinking or maybe you want to open a russian market than you can address me with this. I am open for any suggestions...Yes, it feels a little scary to come to VIetnam without a job offer..

Cafés and food stalls are better places to meet people who will talk with you. If you speak some Vietnamese, of course you will have an easier time. The smaller towns are also better venues where foreigners are rarer and are subjects of interest.

DaisyAvocado wrote:

Hello all! I went to Vietnam on holiday and loved it and immediately began plotting ways to move there! So I did a CELTA and I'm moving to Hanoi to teach English. I'm from England (Norwich, then moved to Cambridge). I'm hoping to find the answers to all my niggling expat-logistic questions, and maybe make some Hanoi expat friends :)

How's that working out for you?

Did you make a lot of friends here?

She's banned from the forum, OB.

Ciambella wrote:

I am no cyber expert by any means but I believe that the main way sites like this enforce bans is through recognition of ISP, IP address or some combination of both.  As all of her posts the other day were from Britain, if and when she gets to Hanoi, she can fairly easily establish a new identity.  Hopefully after a while in Vietnam, she will begin to recognize the wisdom and accuracy of some of the replies that she received.  It's still not too likely that she will undergo much of a personality change.

Ciambella wrote:

Oh.

My mistake...

:D

Ciambella wrote:

Forgive the nitpick, yet in today's LARPing world, it can be presumptuous to assume one presenting as a "she," is actually a female. Various experiences serve to remind me of caution around online identities, hopefully not cynical. Thank goodness tasteless and offensive behavior is judged regardless of gender.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=830430

Thanks!

Closed