New members of the Vietnam forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Thanks.   Great.

Hey Ken, I just watched your documentary on the Vietnam War.  Just kidding,, I know that person is Ken Burns.  Beer on the beach, huh, and in a chair-bed, no less.  Sounds like you miss it.  Why did you leave?

I hadn't retired yet...and I have now.

Looking to find a tutor to help with Vietnamese language homework anyone out there that can lend a hand at a reasonable price?

Hi,

What province/ city are you living now in Vietnam?

Regards,
Ni

@def1412
Please post an ad in the classifieds section.

def1412 wrote:

Looking to find a tutor to help with Vietnamese language homework anyone out there that can lend a hand at a reasonable price?

What province/city are you staying now in Vietnam?

Regards,
Ni

Hi,

I am currently in Binh Thanh District.

Regards,

Rob

I am in Binh Thanh district in Sai Gon...just off the river.

Start a thread, this thread is more about introducing yourself.

Hello! I'm Giulia.
I'm staying in Vietnam for a couple of months, I'm a chemist and an artist. I paint with makeup tools and oil pastels. I'm looking for someone interesting in my works, so I can continue traveling and visit Vietnam and other countries near here.

Have a nice stay guys!

Hi All!
My name is Magda, I'm from Poland. I came to Haiphong few days ago as English teacher and I will stay here until August. It would be great to meet someone and maybe do sth together. I don't really know many people here and I'm not sure how to find and meet other foreigners.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : please post in the jobs section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Expats,

I am from the sunny city of Singapore. I have been in the interior design/construction for 10 years and now in Hanoi living at Tay Ho, Au co.

I enjoy cooking Asian food and you are welcomed for dinner at my place.

Hi,
I'm from the USA. My family and I would like to move to Ho Chi Minh city, probably D7.
I decided to wait on moving because I don't think the conditions would be favorable to my oldest dog, though she's still active and strong(much to the vets surprise lol) she's 17yo and has lived longer than the average for the two breeds she's mixed with.(chow chow and German shepherd) It'd be better for her to live out how ever many years she has left in a familiar place without so much pollution and a possible quarantine on the way back not to mention the 25+ hour flight.
I also want to wait for my youngest child to get all of her typical shots done before we move.
I have been lurking on the forum for a couple of weeks now and found most of the information I needed in old posts, thank you for all the help. This site has been the most informative thing that has come out of google lol.

Hi HCM Citizen,

I'm an almost-graduated Belgian student about to move in Vietnam in October for a permanent contract in a startup company. I'm looking forward to discover HCMC life, nightlife and meet many people. I'm playing piano and would love to play on stage in this new city. I wish to join different social groups and activities.

Looking forward to meet you,

Lionel

Thanks, Lievson, I  was beginning to think  no one cares.  Tom

Hi, Everyone :)

My Name is Déborah, I'm french, I am looking to move to Vietnam (probably HCMC) for work.
I am User Experience and User Interface designer, I have lot of experience designing for different field like Industry, Banking, Consumer Good, Energy ..
Used to work in cross-functional teams! I'm curently working in the Joint Venture Accenture/ Microsoft as an Designer Consultant in Paris.
I speak English, Spanish , French and the Basic of Korean (because i used to lived in korea for 1 year). I would like to learn Vietnamese too !

I have just started my research but if you have any track about Consulting companies, or Foreign Company or agence who are looking for Ux designer or a similar profile, I am listening and taking all the help you can bring me :)
Thanks for any advise anyone can provide!

Déborah

You probably already know about this web site but in case you don't : https://www.techinasia.com/jobs/searchhttp://startupjobs.asia/
Specialize in Start up Job
Good luck in you research

@Lievson

Hello!
My name is Reuben and am planning to move to Ho Chi Minh City some time around August or September.  I am interested in the cuisine there, particularly baking.  I'm hoping to get a job doing that.  I am hoping to gain some info on favorite places people like to go to, are there different styles of bakeries, are there some specialty shops I should check out? Would my interests be better suited in a different city?  Any and all info helps.   :D   Aside from that I want to experience life in Vietnam through its people, its food, and its culture.

def1412 wrote:

I am having issues accessing some sites back home like ATT.  I thought that going through a VPN would be helpful.

What sites can't you reach?
Att.com and att.net come in fine for me.  In the past, VN was blocking some BBC and another British news site - Daily Telegraph? Not anymore tho.
Do you have some kind of ATT / netflix kind of service?  If so, a VPN can help to spoof ATT to think you are connecting from the US. Except when services like Netflix or sports feeds get wise to which IPs the VPNs are using and block them.

I use Private Internet Access PIA, it's ok, works on my phone too.  Checkout PureVPN too, I was going to switch because cheaper and a huge network but forgot this year before my card renewed.

ATT is my cell phone service at home in USA.  I recently learned via a conversation with their tech support that in May they introduced a security block for certain part of the world that would disable customers from reaching certain aspects of their account.  Very annoying.  I'm considering a vpn but haven't purchased a service yet.

Hi all! Moving to HCMC for at least 6 months at the end of June, but not my first time to Vietnam. Originally from Southern California (South Bay, represent!), but I've lived in Seoul, China, Chicago and Japan. If anyone's looking for a language tutor, I'm fluent in Korean, Japanese and English with over a decade of teaching experience.

Glad to be here!

def1412 wrote:

ATT is my cell phone service at home in USA.  I recently learned via a conversation with their tech support that in May they introduced a security block for certain part of the world that would disable customers from reaching certain aspects of their account.  Very annoying.  I'm considering a vpn but haven't purchased a service yet.

There are free VPNs. Try Hola, it is a Chrome browser extension, been around for years. Probably not as fast as an installed program, but should be good enough to pay your phone bill. Google "chrome hola".

Having been to HCMC a few times, and also met a beautiful local Vietnamese girl, the next step is to make the move over and settle down.

Job hunt is a long slow process, but hoping somewhere the ideal job comes up.  Maybe have to settle for something less than ideal to start.  Everyone has to start somewhere.

thanks I'll give it a whirl

I took a look at it...seems it's for android and I'm mostly concerned with my laptop.  Also seems like it became all but nonfunctional in US after a recent (June 12)  update.  May give it a whirl on the  laptop anyway...can always delete it.

Hi all, Im HongLe. I am from hanoi, vietnam. I have a project on kitchen appliances not only developed on the Vietnamese market but also want to develop in the foreign market.

Hi expat.com..thank you for welcoming in this site..Im ritche a filipina.. my family lives here in binh thanh district.. May i ask if there's an Employer who's needed a house helper/nanny somewhere in district 2 which i could start on july..My prefer time of work is 8:00 am to 3:00 pm..thank you

Hi

I'll be likely moving to Vietnam this coming September for work.  Glad to see a forum with useful information and friendly people.

See you around

Im an expat from Australia also staying here for another 4 months. Been here since late December.
[link moderated]

Hello Everyone, I am Daniel a new user from Indonesia,
I am Interest to works and have plan stay In Saigon, Nice to meet you all,
I hope we can be a good partners and bussines in the future.

i works as Branch Manager for Asia Market more than 5 years, if there any chance and vacancy for Sales and marketing Bussines please inform me about that, anyway Thanks a lots and Have a nice day guys

Best place to start looking for jobs is vietnamworks though it can be a slow process

Hi Guy`s & Gals.

I seen a post this morning titled " Anyone fancy a drink in Binh Duong " When I tried to open it, its no longer available :-(  When I am in Vietnam I spend quite a lot of time in Binh Duong and would love too meet other ex pats for a drink in that area. That said, if anyone knows who made the post before it was removed can you please let me know :-) And if any of the Mods would like to comment on why it was taken down I would also be keen to hear from them. Cheers !

Best wishes

Mike

You must have been looking in the wrong place.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 36#4240568

Hi Magda,

If you like to meet for coffee and a good conversation, get in touch and we take it from there.

Ciao
Henry

Bertieboy123's confusion may go back to the problem of having two sub-threads, both Saigon and HCMC.   The post was under Saigon.  The moderators really need to work on this structural problem.

In fact Binh Duong is a province in it's own right and part of neither Saigon or HCMC.

Thank you Colin !

I was using the link in the email sent to me mate. But your link worked a treat !

Cheers.

Mike

Ko Hieu ??? lol :-) I just got an email with that subject title and wanted to see and reply. However when I clicked on the link, it said now longer available its been removed :-( However Colin`s link was fine !

Regards

Mike

Closed