New members of the Romania forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Romania forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Romania if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I'd also like to welcome the new members of the Romania forum  :cheers:

Also, I'd like to address a few items that I've noticed over the years that I often observe of new members, to help you make the most of this site and avoid problems.  These items mentioned also correlate to our Forum Code of Conduct, which you should all read and follow please.

1.  Stay on topic - This topic is for introductions only.  If you have questions or wish to comment about something another member has mentioned in their introduction, please find an appropriate topic, start a new topic, or use the PM system to contact the member.  Off topic posts may be removed.

2. Do not post contact information -  Contact information of any kind is not allowed on the forums.  I remove all posts containing contact info, without exception.  This is for your security.  If you wish to share this information with a particular member, please use the PM system. 

3.  Search the forum before posting -  Many questions and answers may already be posted on the forums, so please search first.  Myself and other members have posted a large amount of accurate and useful information for you to benefit from.  If you don't find what you need, then please post a new topic with a descriptive topic title (Please don't use topic titles like "Hello", "Help" or "Information please"), and present your question or concern so others may reply and help you. 

Please do not PM me as your first option.  While I have posted a lot of advice and information about life in Romania, and I freely assist expats; please understand that I am not the only member with experience or knowledge, my opinion is only one of many possible opinions, and I am not here to spoon feed information to others that won't take time to search the information already posted.  Please respect my time and effort and I will help if I can, though my time is limited.

4. Advertising is not allowed on the forums  - This is mentioned in the Forum Code of Conduct, and is strictly enforced.  We have designated sections, (JOBS) (HOUSING) (CLASSIFIEDS) (BUSINESS DIRECTORY) where you may advertise or seek recommended services for free.  Please use these sections, and keep the forum for discussions of expat topics.

I hope everyone finds this information useful and will benefit from their new accounts on Expat.com.  Start posting, start sharing!

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hello

My name is Filippos.

I have just moved to Bucharest. Working in Accounting.
I am Greek, Nigerian, Irish and I am glad to be part pf this community.

Thanks

Welcome in romania

Hello

My name is Nemo and I am from China, just moved to Bucharest here and wish to live here for a long term. Glad to be part of this community and get quite a lot useful info from this forum, thank you all for sharing~

I am a software engineer working in e-Commerce domain, I am self-employed and willing to start some project here in Bucharest. If you need any help on this, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

My name is Zuzu, and I'm happy to be in Romania. I was born in Romania, but I grew up in the United States. I am currently staying with family in Timisoara and may decide to stay and live in Romania if I find the right opportunities.

I hope to meet other English-speaking people to spend time with and have fun conversations.

Hi Everyone

My name is Liezl and I'm a South African.  I have been working on board cruise ships for the past 10y, which is where I met my Romanian bf.  We wish to settle down in Romanian soon, so at present I am working hard at gathering information which would assist me in doing this.
I have found many useful info on this forum, so thank you to everyone for all your questions and answers.  I can guarantee you I will be having many more  :D

Hello  :cheers:

My name is Evi, I'm 27 years old and I'm from Greece. 
I'm planning to move to Romania next year. It's kind of a long way till then but I thought that it would be good to join expat early. :)

Finding a job as an English teacher in Bucharest would be ideal to me.  :top:

I have been studying the Romanian language for some time now but I am not fluent yet, I still have a long way to go  :D

I like watching movies, reading books, computing and cooking   :up:

I hope I meet many great people here.  :D

Hi everyone! My name is Sherise and I'm from South Africa as well.. I live in Timisoara since I got married to my Romanian husband here. Nice to meet everyone.

I'm looking to make some friends here.

Hi Liezl! I'm also a South African here in Timisoara :)

I recently got married to my Romanian.

Nice to meet you!

Hi, Am Mohammed Kalifa, Indian expat living in Dubai.... Planning to visit Romania on coming April for holiday ie solo traveler ..... Visa interview finished, waiting for consulate decision.... Really nail biting moment... hope for best....

Looking to make new friends.... Hope to see you in Bucharest.... Thanks all

Hi everyone, my name is Tilman, I'm currently 36 years old, and I'm living with my wife and our two boys (Almost 3 and 4 months) in Timisoara since March where I'll be working inside Continental's IT department for the next two years to come.

We're slowly getting settled in (still learning to speak Romanian), hence we're happy to get in touch with other people (both local and expats)!

Hi Zuzu,

I am Adela, I live in Bucharest.
Recently a friend of mine moved back to Timisoara from London. Her Name is Nora...she speaks English. I could put you in contact with her if you wish.

Have a wonderful afternoon,

Hi there,

I am Adela and I live in Bucharest!

I am looking forward to meet you when you get your job !
Keep working on your Romanian language, that will be useful for you getting the teaching job. Otherwise, here almost everyone speaks English.

Have a nice day,

Hey Zuzu, you should join the Couchsurfing sessions in Timisoara on Wednesdays! You'll find many English speakers there. Check out this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1836371603301793/about/

JazzDetective wrote:

Hi everyone,

My name is Zuzu, and I'm happy to be in Romania. I was born in Romania, but I grew up in the United States. I am currently staying with family in Timisoara and may decide to stay and live in Romania if I find the right opportunities.

I hope to meet other English-speaking people to spend time with and have fun conversations.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1836371603301793/about/

Hi,

My name is Nuno, i'm from Portugal and i was offered a job position in Bucharest that i'm considering to take.

Wonderful Nuno! You will find friends here!

Hi everyone,

My name is Daniel and I come from the U.S, moving soon to iasi long term as I have a 5 year old son with special needs born there and therefore becoming a full time dad, I am still trying to learn the language, it would be great to make new friends here:)

I am an american living in Bucharest.  It is so hard.  I cannot find work and I am well educated with a BS in Business Administration with options in accounting and corporate management.  But it does not seem to matter here.  I love Romania and just want to stay here. I fell in love with this country but I am running out of time to get a work permit and residency card and fear I am going to be forced back to Russia for 90 days and then come back to try again. I am tired.  Why is it so hard? Why can't anybody help?

I  came here because there was just nothing left in the United States. I am in the middle of a divorce and want to just start over here. I can substantiate everything I am saying.  This is really my last effort.  I hope someone out there can help.  I am not sure what to do anymore.

Hi everyone,

It is Ozgur from Turkey, married and moving to Romania this weekend. I will be looking for job to start in medical device or defense industries. I have 20 years experience in business and want to utilize my skills in business development.

See you,

Bye for now.

Hello Everyone

Sandipan here from India.

Will be in Romania soon. "How soon" is what I need to actually find out from the community here. :)

Thanks!!

Hello everyone,

I am Romanian, my husband is an American working as a pastor and English teacher, and we live in Bucharest with our little one. As we have many Romanian and international friends here, we enjoy organizing little events every now and then, so that we can get together with whoever can make it. (We just posted a trip to Busteni that we're organizing in June if you want to check it out.) We both know that an expat's life can be amazing and challenging at the same time, and thought that it might be a good idea to let other people know about the fun activities we organize, just in case they'd like to join us.

I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Hi everyone,
I am here already. applied for residence permit. so, see you soon

Hi,
I am an American-Romanian living near Sibiu.
If there is someone that needs questions answered about living and working in Sibiu, I can gladly help.

Moved to Romania in 2009 from USA. I was so concentrated on building our business completely forgot to renew ny Permis de Sedere after 5 years. The banc manager mentioned it was a year out of date. I attempted to renew but immigration was none to happy and I was given to option to leave on my own accord with right of return of be removed and banned. Obviously I left on my own. Of course business collaped once I left but will return this summer and do it all over again.

Kenyan here, married to Romanian love. Tell me when you get the information, looking for that atm as well.

Hi everyone, my name is Phil!

My Romanian fiancée and I are planning to get married in the near future and we're exploring the possibilities of where to live after the wedding. She currently lives in Cluj and so this the city in Romania that I'm looking for some information on! Hoping to find out information on finding work as an English only speaker (although hopefully I'll be able to learn the language in time!)

Hi everyone,
Looking to move to Romania. I am a US citizen, retired and looking into the possibility of doing volunteer work 2-3 days a week long term or another way to get residence that will lead to permanent residence. Anybody with contacts or ways to achieve this would be very much appreciated.
Thanks a million and good luck in your new home (Romania) everyone.

Hi, any chance you might have contacts that are looking for long term volunteers in Romania ? Looking to volunteer 2-3 days a week to obtain Resident Visa there. Any info or contacts you might have would be appreciated. Maybe PM would be better way to communicate if you like ?
Thank you very much.

What type of business were you involved in?

Hello!
New to Cluj, were from Canada and looking for new friends.
We're a easy going couple that pretty much enjoys everything. We have two dogs that we brought with us.
Currently building our dream home.

Cool. Romanian-Canadian myself. Where do you come from, guys ?

Bonnyville, Alberta. Oil patch area.

I am Tony Leslie with British, African and Indian Roots. Married to a Romanian from Iasi and moved to Romania recently from Tanzania, east Africa.

I am a High caliber hospitality professional with 24years of international experience, a people's person, travelled the world and enjoyed each & every work assignment, being part of vast international cultures & people along the way. Presently residing in Bucharest and I am in search for better opportunities.

My wife and I look forward to networking and making new acquaintances and Friends.

I wish you all success and all the very best.Cheers!!

Hi, everybody!

I'm American and first came to Bucharest six years ago from the wonderful small town of Spring Green, WI.  I originally intended to stay a year but I'm still here!  And happy about it!

Two years ago, I got married to an amazing Romanian woman, and we now have a little one-year-old that fills our lives with so much adventure and joy... and mess.

During my first five years in Romania, I worked as a kindergarten and primary school English teacher while I also taught private English lessons and served at [link moderated], a small international church in Bucharest.  I'm currently serving as the pastor of the church and so no longer teach English since I don't have the time, but I may get back into teaching at some point.  I miss the kids!

Hello everyone

I moved to Bucharest  a month ago from India. This has been a bliss till now and I have been meeting new people around and socializing. I work as a corporate finance professional and looking forward to meet even more people and learn Romanian language (as it becomes a problem when you want to buy something from mega image :D)
Also curious to join different events here!

Let's catchup in the weekends and explore :)

I'll be there too man.Which state your are from in India ?

Hi everyone
My husband and I are in Brasov for a month and then headed over to Sibiu for another month. We are in our 60's and usually live on a boat in a Greece but this year we are checking out Romania since the boat is for sale. Would love to meet up with other expats while we are here. I love art and music.
We are Americans from Texas, USA.

Hi there😀
I am from Philippines and i am engaged with my Romanian boyfriend and were planning to get married in Romania. I am here to have an idea of what possibly we should do so we can make it happen because were so newith all the process and sometimes confused too, i am so hopeful tru this site and with the friendly and helpful people here also. Have a wonderful day to everyone here.

much love;
Karina❤️❤️❤️

Closed