Biometric travel document

On the application forum for the Romanian site it asks DO YOU HOLD A BIOMATRIC DOCUMENT.
From what i understand and read is it is a card that has a signature a digital photo and a finger print.
1.I am not sure if a passport is the same thing or is this a different document card on its own?
2.If the answer to the question above is yes its different ,do i need it , why do i need it and where can i obtain one?

It's a passport which has an embedded RFID chip in it which contains your biometric data.  If your passport is issued fairly recently, you should have one.  Have a close look at it :)

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

I am sure i do i have been travelling with this for the last 5 years. It has a chip that say RSA which is my country of where i reside. I have been to Romania before they never asked me this.

Thank You for your help i will need it again soon

Alencia123 wrote:

I am sure i do i have been travelling with this for the last 5 years. It has a chip that say RSA which is my country of where i reside. I have been to Romania before they never asked me this.

Thank You for your help i will need it again soon

I am pretty sure most passports are issued as biometric these days as its much more safer and secure to have them. In case you want to verify further i suggest you take a look at this link https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ … go.svg.png
That image is the one which verifies if your travel document is biometric or not but I'd be surprised if it wasn't.