Dependent resident visa

Hi All, I am going to work in Kuwait soon, and my company will look after my work visa. I want to bring my wife and my child from day 1. So they will be on visit visa at first; then, I am going to sponsor them. My Question:
Can they stay with me all the time, while I am getting my residency, and apply for their residency?
hope this make sense.

They can stay with you as long as their visit visa is valid (which is three months I believe). Once you get your residency, they will have to leave the country in order to bring them in as dependent family members.

Thanks a lot Ribosom for reply.  We all Have Australian Passport. I just have couple of more questions :
1- When you are saying "leaving the Country", can they leave and go to lets say Dubai (Preferably not coming back all the way to Australia)

2- Do you know How long they need to be outside of Kuwait? (the duration from the time I apply for their dependent visa, until they issued a dependent visa)

3-do they need to do the medical only after they arrive with the Dependent Visa? or they have to do another medical before the dependent visa?

appreciate if you can help me. I haven't signed my offer yet, and the company HR is not really helpful. Just wanted to make sure before I commit.

Cheers
AUSir

No worries!

1. No, they will have to go back to Australia to do the medical and embassy paperwork.
2. This doesn't take too long, depending on how long it takes them to finalize the point 1. above. A week or two is my wild guess, but possibly faster.
3. Unfortunately they need to do both, one before they arrive and another after they get in the country.

Good luck!

I wished they could do the medical somewhere like Bahrain or Dubai, rather than coming all the way back to Australia. Anyway thanks for your time and advises.

Cheers

No problem, it is a major pain in the rear initially, but once you sort it out it will be a smooth sailing. :)

Does this answer stand for any nationality? My wife is already here on a family visit visa and I want to send her down to Bahrain for the medical to come back on the family visa. She is from the Philippines and I am from The U.S.

She needs to submit the supporting documents to Kuwait embassy in her country of origin.

I checked with my HR , and she confirmed that a short trip to Bahrain for medical. my company will look after all the family  visa process. So, i am not sure if  same process apply to you (applying yourself). P.S. we all have Australian passport. I suggest speak to your HR.

Hi Ausir,
Thanks for that post. If you could possibly let me know the process it would be really great. I'm pretty sure she will have to go to the Kuwait embassy there and they would tell her where to go. But, if you could say I would be grateful to you. Thanks in advance.

Hi Jopabrew. Sorry I don't know the process. as mentioned my company will look after it.