Shared property colombia

Hello, we are a dutch familie and planning to buy property in colombia as a second home. We are looking for families to share the property cause we could be in colombia for the maximun of two months a year.

Dear Elise,

Welcome to the Colombia forums of expat.com ....

Based on maximum time-in-country of two months a year and your lack of Spanish skills (the languages you list are English and Dutch), you are not a natural candidate to buy property in South America.

Buying property here is not advised for new arrivals .. and your limited 'bang for the buck' is far outweighed by myriad scenarios that would work against your interests.

Sharing or co-owning a home with folks you may not even know yet .. adds more complexity to an already complicated dream.

Consider living in Colombia for at least a year before looking to buy property.

cccmedia in Depto. de Nariño

If you're still gung-ho on this property plan, do yourself a favor and take up consultant Craig Daley's offer to our members for a free consultation on buying property in South America .. and why not to do it.

Google:  Craig Daley Interwealth Enterprises

Hello. Where do you anticipate living? I am in Cali and my lease expires in April 1. I like Cali and other areas and would be interested in some arrangement in various cities.  I am of Dutch descent and have never talked to another . So "Hello" is in order. I have many ideas if you are wanting input. If not let me know where you are looking. I spend time in Cali and Cartagena and sometimes the coffee valley. I also venture into Bucaramanga. I plan to marry and currently manage properties in the USA and an "ex-contractor" in building trades and real estate. I only have USA license so really only interested in sharing or maximizing benefits to you and me.

Cheers

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum

"Sharing or co-owning a home with folks you may not even know yet .. adds more complexity to an already complicated dream.

A recipe for disaster in Colombia..even with people you know extremely risky...

If another dutchman it could work out. Seems like you lucked out.

Still risky business, even if you both have the bestintentions.

I agree with you. But these arrangements can be complex or very simple based upon amount of fear of the unknown that is brought into arrangements such as these. Often we can worry ourselves out of something that may never ever come to pass. I like the idea of procure and then figure out a way.

I am merely stating I would be interested in something such as this and who wouldn't. I am an American and the USA is full of control freaks and systems and that is why  I love living in COLOMBIA.

I spend 6 months here now and love it and looking forward to my VISA. I would also sublet my apartastudio to someone who wanted to experience Cali. It is fully furnished with a full bed and sofa and blow up bed, haha. It has water filtration system for drinking and all appliances in stainless steel and nice hardwood floors. Full security system with AC and hot water.

1,200,000 per month includes services at stratus 6

Thank you for your post! We are living in the netherlands and because we have a young daughter, the netherlands would be our home base. The last two decades we spend traveling all over the world, this year we fell in love with colombia, especial the sierra nevada region. We feel at home in colombia and found a very nice finca. Becuse we don't want to move to colombia for the moment and because we need additional funds, we are looking for partners. Our dream is buying a second home in a tropical country. We have been traveling in colombia for 3 months now and on the 11th of januari we fly back to amsterdam. Maybe it is nice to exchange email addresses. We are new on the forum, we assume we can send you a prived message?

Thank you for your post! We are living in the netherlands and because we have a young daughter, the netherlands would be our home base. The last two decades we spend traveling all over the world, this year we fell in love with colombia, especial the sierra nevada region. We feel at home in colombia and found a very nice finca. Becuse we don't want to move to colombia for the moment and because we need additional funds, we are looking for partners. Our dream is buying a second home in a tropical country. We have been traveling in colombia for 3 months now and on the 11th of januari we fly back to amsterdam. Maybe it is nice to exchange email addresses. We are new on the forum, we assume we can send you a prived message?

*** John Benson

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

As Priscilla in the Home Office reminded us (post #4 above), posting of personal contact information is not permitted here on the forum.

Please use the PM personal message system which was designed for interpersonal communication.

cccmedia

handymantulsa wrote:

I like the idea of procure and then figure out a way.

That's too similar to leap-before-you-look .. to be a sensible mantra in South America property matters.

cccmedia

I know of someone in Envigado that is looking for a partner for now. It is a furnished premium apartment. The investment is $60US. This would likely be a very good match.

You can reach me at *** and I can get the two of you connected.

Fred

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct