Switching to Postpaid

Hi,

I have just moved to HCMC and will be here for 2 to 3 years.

I bought a simcard *Viettel at the airport and have topped up about 900k into it. A local kindly helped to set some 2.5gb option for me but I am not too sure whether it is an auto-renewal plan.

Currently I am also wondering if it makes any sense to switch to postpaid. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Nothing will be auto renewal because you haven't given any bank details; best thing to do is download the app and then you can pick and choose on there. Or do it on their website.

900k for 2.5 gb of data seems like a lot, mind.

Regarding post paid, I have no idea, apologies.

thanks for your quick reply and apologies for the lack of clarity.

I think some amount of 900k still remains after deducting whatever costs is required for the 2.5gb.

Noted on the app too. Will give it a try,

Thank you!

Laws change quickly, the number will need to be registered to a company for the bills to be post paid.

colinoscapee wrote:

Laws change quickly, the number will need to be registered to a company for the bills to be post paid.

Thanks. I checked with some colleagues (locals) and they are also on prepaid - I guess there isn't much incentive to be on postpaid for an individual.

I think my mobi had 1G data, only cost 75.000 to 100.000 a month. Not sure why it varied, special discounts maybe. With all the free wifi in Vietnam I never needed more, but maybe you are doing a lot of work in the park or boat or somewhere!