Blackberry in vietnam

hi, is anyone knows, is blackberry messenger works in Vietnam ? if yes, with which mobile provider ?

yes, buy a viettel sim prepaid sim card, then send a msg to 1602 with content: BB Mail thang for monthly subscription
BB Mail tuan for weekly subscription :)

yeap, with this Viettel simm, you will need 65k VND for BBthang and 20k VND for BBtuan

You should use Viettel network
Check it more at here

blackberry.vietteltelecom.vn

Viettel works fine for me. Plus I use wifi when it is available.:P

Now Mobifone also provides service, but I haven't figured out how to register yet
I'll update here once I work it out

If you have Mobifone number, just text DK BAS and send to 999.

It's free at the moment

Hi there does viettel has blackberry messenger for a month? not per week, and how much? and how about blackberry internet services where in i can use everything from my bb messenger, my yahoo messenger, browsing the internet etc. does it have? and how much is it per month? my phone is blackberry 3g wifi. pls help me.

mfrrn_78 wrote:

Hi there does viettel has blackberry messenger for a month? not per week, and how much? and how about blackberry internet services where in i can use everything from my bb messenger, my yahoo messenger, browsing the internet etc. does it have? and how much is it per month? my phone is blackberry 3g wifi. pls help me.

For Viettel, just text "BB mail" and send to 1602. It costs VND100k (5USD)

thanks and with that i can used my bb messenger and facebook application with this? thank you very much

Mobifone does not work well for BB - maybe because its service is new.

I know, since I am one of those who got a Mobifone first then BB with Viettel, and now stuck painfully with 2 mobiles because the Mobifone number is given out to everyone and I cannot give it up...grrr...

mfrrn_78 wrote:

thanks and with that i can used my bb messenger and facebook application with this? thank you very much

You can use every BB service with that

zirhk3355 wrote:

Mobifone does not work well for BB - maybe because its service is new.

I know, since I am one of those who got a Mobifone first then BB with Viettel, and now stuck painfully with 2 mobiles because the Mobifone number is given out to everyone and I cannot give it up...grrr...

What wrong with your BB mobifone plan? I'm using Mobifone and it works well

mobiphone , viettel, vinaphone

Vinaphone, and it's subsidiary Mobiphone, are both authorised RIM Blackberry dealers.

The message server for VietNam is located in HongKong and is safe for transmitting messages free from VN government observation.

Sign up for either Vina or Mobi (Mobi is cheaper) at the joint offices on Nguyen Du @ Hai Ba Trung Streets in District 1 on the river side of the Main Post Office Building.

You MUST take your passport/visa/ID card to get a SIM. Using these offices allows you to choose your cell number from a selection of around 20 numbers.

If you use Vinaphone, sign up for their free 365 Plan which means you need only buy refills when you need them providing you make 1 telephone call per month.

I have just arrived in HCMC and was given a mobifone sim card. I have done everything to try get my BB services to work. Texted DK BAS, texted DATA ON,texted DK GPRS. NOTHING works! Should I get a Viettel sim card? I even went and bought more airtime to try and get the services to turn on.

Any other suggestions?

quila wrote:

I have just arrived in HCMC and was given a mobifone sim card. I have done everything to try get my BB services to work. Texted DK BAS, texted DATA ON,texted DK GPRS. NOTHING works! Should I get a Viettel sim card? I even went and bought more airtime to try and get the services to turn on.

Any other suggestions?

You go to options-advance-host routing table then press the menu button then click on register now.

After that you can restart your phone (remove batt).

Hope it helps

Thanks so much! Trying it out now :)

Hi There,
I am a Korean, living in Hochiminh city now. BB messenger is working but limited BB model.
GSM model is working and CDMA model is not..

There has some BB BIS data plan. you should ask to carrier such as Viettel.

Good luck.

Charlie

Does anyone know where I might be able to buy a blackberry battery (C-S2 for Curve) in HCMC? Thanks!

quila wrote:

Any other suggestions?

hi friend.
i see what problem you meet.
in your country u used a sim card of one home network, so it allow you use sim of their home network. when you go to Vietnam, it's not working. so you must "unlock" in order to use in Vietnam. After unlock, you can use Mobifone or Viettel sim card and BB services work correctly.
hope you enjoy.
best regard.

class4plus wrote:

Does anyone know where I might be able to buy a blackberry battery (C-S2 for Curve) in HCMC? Thanks!

hi friend.
you are looking for a BB battery, right? and what kind of your BB phone ? ( series of your phone for example: 8700...)

It is a curve 9300. thanks.

mobifone

Dear Friend,

Please advice me to which no should I submit if I am going to register for blackberry services and what information should I submitted.. I am using VinaPhone... thank you so much..

lutherws99 wrote:

Dear Friend,

Please advice me to which no should I submit if I am going to register for blackberry services and what information should I submitted.. I am using VinaPhone... thank you so much..

Just check the above posts :D

I am going to buy
BlackBerry Passport can any one tell me is this a good phone or not. I work as a sales person and i just need to aatend so many calls so tell me is it of for me or not so that i can spend my money on it. :top::top:

I am a fan for BB but passport is not OK for me. Of course it's depend on person but
I prefer BB Classic.