I bought a 50000 MOBIFONE prepaid phone card, but how to put it on?

Dial what?
By the why, how to check the balance?

Dear Donisisi,

Welcome you to Vietnam!

For Mobifone, if you want to refill: *100*numbercard(12degits)#ok

If you want to check balance: *112#ok

hongminh1905 wrote:

Dear Donisisi,

Welcome you to Vietnam!

For Mobifone, if you want to refill: *100*numbercard(12degits)#ok

If you want to check balance: *112#ok

It works! Thanks very much!!!

u can check your account as hongminh1905 said but u want to do something with your sim card as transferring postpaid, let take your passport to Mobifone center to register account for your sim. They will translate  vnese language into your mother language.
Hope this help.

britangel wrote:

u can check your account as hongminh1905 said but u want to do something with your sim card as transferring postpaid, let take your passport to Mobifone center to register account for your sim. They will translate  vnese language into your mother language.
Hope this help.

Aha, great idea!  Thanks. But I decided to learn Vietnamese, consider the Vietnamese message that sim card sent is a start.

hi, did you in put it? huhmmm press *100* then press the code in the card that you bought ( you should to scratch the card to see the code that was hide) then press # and call.

and for checking the balance : press *101# and call. and for the promotion balance press *102#

ekek wrote:

hi, did you in put it? huhmmm press *100* then press the code in the card that you bought ( you should to scratch the card to see the code that was hide) then press # and call.

and for checking the balance : press *101# and call. and for the promotion balance press *102#

I Already toped up, but thanks anyway.

1)use a whatever to scratch the silver things out
2)look at the magic numbers
3)press *100* then followed by the magic numbers , then press #   and send
4)after that you ll received a beep beep sound(message) , you ll notice your balance 50000vnd.
5)TO CHECK YOUR BALANCE , press *101# , then will also ve a beep beep message...

thank you for choosing mobifone.
ha ha ha

miss Hongminh1905 , you re all over expatblog.... very helpful lady .

Hi Jason,

I tried to connect to you via Yahoo messenger yesterday but not get any your rep!

Have a nice day to you!

hi for my viettel sim card
i hear say must register otherwise the viettel will CUT your sim.
is that real?

That's right.Happysin. You needa register your sim if not, supplier will cut it. what you needa do is to take your passport to Viettel center. Then you wait for a while, they will regester your sim. after that, you will be informed sales of viettel by english language.

I bought new SIM card, but I can't figure out which one is my mobile phone number. Pls check below information on SIM card.
Thanks.

[mobifone SIM card]
***

Digitalnomad928 wrote:

I bought new SIM card, but I can't figure out which one is my mobile phone number. Pls check below information on SIM card.
Thanks.

[mobifone SIM card]
***6

let them do in the shop, where you buy the credit. Never had a shop denying it;)

Digitalnomad928 wrote:

I bought new SIM card, but I can't figure out which one is my mobile phone number. Pls check below information on SIM card.
Thanks.

[mobifone SIM card]
***

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_ … in_Vietnam

Country code: +84
International call prefix: 00
Trunk prefix: 0

In Vietnam, mobile phone numbers follow the format 09y xxx-xxxx or 01yy xxx-xxxx. The first 0 is known as the trunk code.
Excluding the leading zero, the next 2 or 3 digits (9y or 1yy) specify the mobile phone operator. Some mobile phone operators have been given more than one operator code.


So as you have written, I would think your phone number while in Việt Nam calling inside Việt Nam would be:

***

But according to this website, there isn't a company/carrier assigned the 110 prefix number series since it appears these are reserved for governmental usage.

In America, everyone knows how to change a tire.

In Vietnam, everyone knows everything to do with SIM cards. 

I just wish I could add a thẻ nạp to my 3G iPad without having to put it into a compatible phone.  That is a very strange omission.

Digitalnomad928 wrote:

I bought new SIM card, but I can't figure out which one is my mobile phone number. Pls check below information on SIM card.
Thanks.

[mobifone SIM card]
So Seri Sim Mobi365
8401100594581496

Double check the number again.  For MobiFone, it has to start with one of these series assigned.

90 MobiFone
93 MobiFone

120 MobiFone
121 MobiFone
122 MobiFone
126 MobiFone
128 MobiFone

Maybe 8401200594581496 ???

Otherwise, someone sold you a fake SIM.

Digitalnomad928 wrote:

I bought new SIM card, but I can't figure out which one is my mobile phone number. Pls check below information on SIM card.
Thanks.

[mobifone SIM card]
So Seri Sim Mobi365
8401100594581496

I have used 3 simcards so far, 1 of Vinafone, 1 of Mobifone and the current 1 is Viettel but cannot find any relation between the number of seri sim and the phone number. Perhaps I missed something, but if you have a new sim card, why dont you just call one of your friends' mobile number??? You will know your phone number very quickly?

Most phones tell you their number somewhere in the settings.  I have both Apple and Android phones and they both display the phone's own number.

It's not in the SIM serial number.

Digitalnomad928 wrote:

I bought new SIM card, but I can't figure out which one is my mobile phone number.

Can't you just dial someone's phone and ask them the number?


Tran Hung Dao wrote:

Double check the number again.  For MobiFone, it has to start with one of these series assigned.

I'm with mobifone and my number is not in that range.....

Yeah, as LBF said, insert the sim to your secondary phone and call to your primary phone. If not just call one of your friend and ask them the number :D

laidbackfreak wrote:

Can't you just dial someone's phone and ask them the number

laidbackfreak wrote:
Digitalnomad928 wrote:

I bought new SIM card, but I can't figure out which one is my mobile phone number.

Can't you just dial someone's phone and ask them the number?

laidbackfreak wrote:
Tran Hung Dao wrote:

Double check the number again.  For MobiFone, it has to start with one of these series assigned.

I'm with mobifone and my number is not in that range.....

charmavietnam wrote:

Yeah, as LBF said, insert the sim to your secondary phone and call to your primary phone. If not just call one of your friend and ask them the number :D

I assumed our Korean friend, Digitalnomad928, having traveled around a bit would have the common sense to try that technique first.  Then when all else failed, he ran to us to seek some help.  Given he hasn't came back on to give us feedback, I would say he has figured it out.

LBF, what's your range?  I tried googling the 110 series but nothing came up for MobiFone.

Tran Hung Dao wrote:

For MobiFone, it has to start with one of these series assigned.

90 MobiFone
93 MobiFone

120 MobiFone
121 MobiFone
122 MobiFone
126 MobiFone
128 MobiFone

laidbackfreak wrote:

I'm with mobifone and my number is not in that range.....

'freak, your number starts with 093, the second one posted above. :dumbom:

(It's lunchtime - I needed something to do... :D)

how i buy mobifone card

Many shops sell SIM cards and re-chargeable cards on streets.  :)

yahya009 wrote:

how i buy mobifone card

Is it possible to reload mobifone cards through voice prompt?

How can I change my sim card language to be in English? Secondly, how can I stop my data connection?

I am not able to send SMS whats the trick behind?

I bought a 200000 MOBJFONE prepaid phone card, but how to put it on?

You mean "how do you put the credit into your phone" ?

You don't put the phone card in your phone.  If you already have a SIM, just scratch the number on the back of the card, follow the instruction to load the amount onto your phone.  Even if the instruction is in Vietnamese, it's extremely simple, you can guess it.  Or ask anybody over the age of 5, he or she will do it for you.  Vietnamese kids were all born cellphone savvy.  Hand the child the phone card, point at your phone, he or she will know what you need.

Ciambella wrote:

You don't put the phone card in your phone.  If you already have a SIM, just scratch the number on the back of the card, follow the instruction to load the amount onto your phone.  Even if the instruction is in Vietnamese, it's extremely simple, you can guess it.  Or ask anybody over the age of 5, he or she will do it for you.  Vietnamese kids were all born cellphone savvy.  Hand the child the phone card, point at your phone, he or she will know what you need.

Ha Ha give it to one of our twin 7 year olds they will activate it,, but you wont get it back they will be off and looking for games to play on it

tongkaewn wrote:

I bought a 200000 MOBIFONE prepaid phone card, but how to put it on?

If you read this thread the answer was in one of the replies.



For Mobifone, if you want to refill: *100*numbercard(12degits)#ok

If you want to check balance: *112#ok

colinoscapee wrote:

If you want to check balance: *112#ok

The number has changed.  Now, all SIM cards use the same number for balance checking.  Between my husband and me, we have 3 phones (don't ask!) with 3 different providers:  Mobifone, Viettel, and iTelecom.  They all use *101#.

The *112#ok is only used for MobiGold Postpaid.

New topic