Direction of how to get in contact of El Safwa compound?

Hi,

We're currently looking to moving to Cairo and knew that the real estate agent from Cairo are not quite real.  We visited a place call "Safwa" in New Cairo introduced by the HR from the company(agent was introduced by local HR), just to the north of Katameya heights and struggled to find out the real cost of that?  According to the agent, it's USD3500/month for 2 bedroom penthouse which we thought it's too expensive in terms of "value for money".  So, could anyone give us a direction of where to find the real cost or the telephone number for the renting office of "Safwa"

We understood that we will have to pay the agent fee, but again, where is the "value for money"?

Thanks a lot la!!!

Candy

Well actually I don't know this place or so even if im living in cairo for 3 years but i would like to tell you that there is a problem with foregin people..First time i came here i already knew egyptians (friends of mine) and thanks god they helped me because if no i was gonna pay double of the cost!!! the woman wanted to take for the house (not so big tbh) about 1000 euros! but when she knew that the house was gonna be for one egyptian she put it on 3000 egyptian pound what equals to something like 400euros! amazing..just take care. I know someone who can help you, he take some fee (just 500 egyptian pound) because he find the house for you and so but im not sure if you want him or what.

As i said, take care because they see our white face and they think we come from gold!

Incredible! 3500 $? And in that region?
Try to find a person to help, in that area could not be more than 2500 $/ month to rent even a villa.
Finally , do you need to stay in that area?
Where is your job?
If you want to rent in 6th October, I could help!

valibilic wrote:

Incredible! 3500 $? And in that region?
Try to find a person to help, in that area could not be more than 2500 $/ month to rent even a villa.
Finally , do you need to stay in that area?
Where is your job?
If you want to rent in 6th October, I could help!

Yeah, it's too expensive that's what we thought.  We will have to live in this area because we work 10 minutes drive away, so thanks anyway.

Andy1989 wrote:

Well actually I don't know this place or so even if im living in cairo for 3 years but i would like to tell you that there is a problem with foregin people..First time i came here i already knew egyptians (friends of mine) and thanks god they helped me because if no i was gonna pay double of the cost!!! the woman wanted to take for the house (not so big tbh) about 1000 euros! but when she knew that the house was gonna be for one egyptian she put it on 3000 egyptian pound what equals to something like 400euros! amazing..just take care. I know someone who can help you, he take some fee (just 500 egyptian pound) because he find the house for you and so but im not sure if you want him or what.

As i said, take care because they see our white face and they think we come from gold!

Yeah, we know that they will try whatever they can to rip us off!! We simply want to pay what's value for money! We lived in cities across Asia and EU, but from the properties which we've seen last week in Cairo, it is just not worth the money, It's too expenive.

Does your guy charge only a fixed fee(500 egyptian pound)? If so please if you can give me his name and telephone.  Thanks very much.

Sure Candy, we talk on private missage ok?

See you!

Candyz wrote:

Hi,

We're currently looking to moving to Cairo and knew that the real estate agent from Cairo are not quite real.  We visited a place call "Safwa" in New Cairo introduced by the HR from the company(agent was introduced by local HR), just to the north of Katameya heights and struggled to find out the real cost of that?  According to the agent, it's USD3500/month for 2 bedroom penthouse which we thought it's too expensive in terms of "value for money".  So, could anyone give us a direction of where to find the real cost or the telephone number for the renting office of "Safwa"

We understood that we will have to pay the agent fee, but again, where is the "value for money"?

Thanks a lot la!!!

Candy

Penthouse here means we have something near or the rooftop level and it will require major air conditioning for at least six months of the year.

the rent fee you mention sounds way too high,agents often ask for one months rent which you should be able to split with the landlord/owner and many will do it for a flat fee like Andy mentions but this usually excludes the ex-pats.

Shorouk wrote:
Candyz wrote:

Hi,

Thanks a lot la!!!

Candy

Penthouse here means we have something near or the rooftop level and it will require major air conditioning for at least six months of the year.

the rent fee you mention sounds way too high,agents often ask for one months rent which you should be able to split with the landlord/owner and many will do it for a flat fee like Andy mentions but this usually excludes the ex-pats.

That's a remind actually, thank you, it is a roof top penthouse(flat), will be very hot during summer... 

We knew the rent sounded too high for a 2 bed penthouse, what's the reason we want to know what the real cost is or whether it's negotiable, as it seems that the Safwa Compound has got its own lease office. We were brought there by the agent at the first time.

Should I agree the agent fee before I get to view the apartment? Does it work that way?

Thanks again

never pay in advance, but do make your agreement to pay in advance for what you will pay them for finding you a place to rent.

often here the top floors remain empty for this reason.

you also need to verify all the utilities are paid up to-date you need to have the bills in hand to do this.I would never rent a place here without having access to the above mentioned bills.

and make sure you get everything wrote into the contracts that both parties agree to and it needs to have a couple of witnesses.

That is very clear, thank you very much.

hi, I work with irish company here in Egypt. they live in El safwa.
I m trying to find out the real cost.
maybe by tomorrow i ll reply I hope i m not late for help
dor direct contact 0123674349 (inside Egypt)

to think logical yet safwa compound is nice, but you should think of rehab city, its not so far away but its a big compound with everything with 2500$ you can rent a nice villa, enjoy the near by shopping areas and gardens everywhere .....