Software engineer salary in Kaula Lampur

Hi,

I am Indian, currently in USA (software engineer) and considering an offer of 24,000 MYR in Kaula Lampur. Can you guide me if it is a decent number or i should negotiate ? What is the cost of living ?

I want to bring  my wife and both parents to KL along with me. If someone can help with basic expenditures like rent, transportation costs etc.. would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Check on Expatistan and Numbeo for detailed figures re COL.  The salary is good.

mkj88 wrote:

Hi,

I am Indian, currently in USA (software engineer) and considering an offer of 24,000 MYR in Kaula Lampur. Can you guide me if it is a decent number or i should negotiate ? What is the cost of living ?

I want to bring  my wife and both parents to KL along with me. If someone can help with basic expenditures like rent, transportation costs etc.. would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Mkj88, if Rm24,000 is a monthly income, then it is good salary,  you should be able to live comfortably together with your family.  Average rent is around RM2,000 - 3,000/month to live in a decent apartment for 5, transportation is not too costly. Hope this helps.

Assuming RM 24,000 is monthly salary then it's very good salary even without additional perks such as housing, transport, etc.

Software engineer that I know, most of them receiving below RM 10k/month, and some above 10K, even with more than 12 years experience.

I should say go for it, and you will be able to save plenty of money if you maintain standard lifestyle.
You will be able to save at least RM 10k /month especially if you do not have children yet, because International school is quite costly here.

Good luck

Depends on your current savings. Cost includes tax @28% for first 182 days. Rent approx 4K in good location. Utilities approx rm 600 pm. Other food and travelling expense approx 3K.