How far does salary of RM 38000 pm goes?

Hi

I have been offered a position in KL with salary of around 38000 R per month. We are family with 3 school going kids. The school fees will be taken care of by employer.

So wanted to understand is this amount good enough for decent lifestyle?

Thanks

That's massive. Apply tax slabs and I suspect you should be able to easily save 20k pm.

Very sure!

So far I have been living in Malaysia, even I am single, 38,000 RM per month is huge money. I also think almost in the world.
The luxury condominium in KL rental would be from 5000 RM to 7000 RM full enough.
Your company paid for your kid's school! it is amazing. Here foreigner school fees are not cheap. But you do not worry about it.
This 38,000 RM for your all family members can bring you to very decent life.
Good live in KL

Yeah, that is 9000USD + School fees.
In which part of the world does this money doesn't suffice! Best of luck OP

That's an amazing package, great work!
Let me know if you need any advice re. school places - fantastic that your company will cover the fees (and increasingly rare!)
Cheers

Thank you for your responses. Really appreciate it. However I had to decline the offer due to some personal situation. I had declined before I viewed the responses... it would have been very difficult to decide if I had viewed the responses earlier :)

Thank you again.

RM38,000/month is more than sufficient to accord you and your family a more than comfortable lifestyle here in KL. In general, international school fees take up the majority of your pay check.

Hi forget all the wow comments. This is a normal proper expat salary imho for a managerial position. 20 years ago free bungalow, all medical, annual flights, free schooling, car with driver, maid, cook, cleaner and gardener with home salary plus 30% hardship allowance was a standard expat package. Also Selangor club membership. That was standard.

Since then salaries seem to have dropped 90%. Yes 90% drop! Websites like this attract the low end expat salaries. Many still get 50k a month plus all the benefits. They dont hang out on forums. Far less than before though in numbers.

With 38k pre tax you can live ok and save a bit especially if free accom. It doesn't make you rich though in Malaysia. Eg Surgeon friend earns 180,000 rm per month. In a bad month. And he complains about the cost of living.

Ive changed.

I wont comment anymore on a good or bad salary because I think ALL are OK and here is why.

Putting aside a base level under which you can no longer so happily call yourself a human being, we'll say RM1000, the truth is that higher salaries are just a matter of adjusting to them. I know couples doing great on RM7000, and others claiming hardship on RM27,000.

Aside from the false belief someone can go to any country and get rich, any job at any salary is just that, a JOB. The most you can hope for in ANY JOB is to pay bills and survive. To me, its more important that, aside from creating a company for your hot products, the job is something you really, really want. Does it meet your career and experience goals? Does it allow upward growth? Is the experience gained transportable to other companies in other countries? If I REALLY wanted to work in certain tasks or for a certain company, id take any salary. People work for FREE in the film industry just to gain something for better use later.

I know very well people dont want to heed that. They are broke and have to eat and will take any job anywhere. But that very thinking is whats keeping you perpetually in that spot. Better in many cases to stay where you are, where you have supportive friends and family until the time comes you MUST be in Malaysia for a specific reason. And in the cases of therefore coming, make sure its the job you really want, and not just a job to fill some gap in your life. And in such cases, nearly any salary will do because you will adjust to it and make your life work.