Cost of living- Family of 5 expats

Hi All,

We are currently living in Hong Kong and moving to KL in a few months. I am trying to calculate the cost of living for a family of 5
we have 3 kids: aged :12 , 8, 4 years
I am looking to maintain the same kind of standard of living (if not better) as we have in HK

such as
2000 sqft+ condo in central area such as damansara or mont kiara
international affordable schools for kids such Cempaka internationl school. Looking at cap of 5k RM per month per child
Housemaid

I have tried to work out some basic calulations, please help me finalize these

Rent: 6000
School= 14000 (for all 3 kids)
Maid= 1500
Goreceries: 4500
Utilities: 500
Misc enttertainment (Movies, eating out etc over weekend): 2000
Car (installments, petrol etc): 1000
Shopping & extra curricular classes for kids: 3000
Total= 32500 RM

Can you please help be tidy up the budget a bit as the total comes out to be a bit high that what I expected? I know there is no limit for expenses but I tried to price in the school, housing based on my research and other expenses based on how we spend here in HK (offcourse its much more expensive here)

thanks a lot

School approx. RM40k per year per child.

Electricity, internet, TV package about RM600 - 800 per month

Maid: RM2000 - 2500 per month

Consider Bangsar South and Bangsar too. Malaysia is a lot cheaper to live than HK.

Hi,

You would need to increase the budget a little but for car installments and petrol. Cars are expensive here = higher installments unless you put a big downpayment.
Petrol is not expensive but for me it is as I'm driving around on a daily basis to multiple location since I am a realtor.

As for maid, it depends whether you want an Indonesian or Filipina maid. The former is only around 1000 while the latter is close to 2000.

As for accommodation, for RM5000 you can already get an option in Mont Kiara although for that price range it'll be the older condominiums. For the newer ones it'll be around RM6000.

Check out Sayfol, Mutiara International School too. They are further though but there are school buses.