Mail and another couple of questions

Hi all
Another question for y'all
How is the mail there? Does a person have to get a post office box to receive mail? Or are there REAL house numbers on the home?
Where can my husband find live music while he's there in November 18 thru the 25th, 2017
That's about it for now.
Thanks

Just read that anyone that's wants to go to the us ambassa for info about SS must go to the ambassa in Costa Rica,
So does that mean that to become a citizen of Panama via the SS from the USA, do we need to go to Costa Rica or can a lawyer do this for us while we are still in the states
Like they can to Costa Rica

Mail?? There is mail? 😄 Seriously there is mail, a post office, and businesses like Mailboxes Etc. There is no home delivery. Many streets don't have names and house numbers are unusual, or crazy. We have one house number for the water department, another for the minister of health (mosquito patrol) and another written on our front gate, not sure what that's for.
Where in Panama will your husband be who is looking for live music?

I read that too, that you need to go to CR for social security related things. We have found it very helpful to maintain a USA address (in our case my daughters house). SS, banks, etc can send anything there, and if something needs attention she can snap a photo and messsge it to us. It's very rare that she has to physically send anything (but we do visit 2-3x/year).
Citizen of Panama? I have heard that is very unlikely to be granted citizenship here, and why would you you need that?

We are just trying to figure out where we want to retire to.
I thought that you'd have to be a citizen to buy land.
Hubby will be all across the country during his 1st visit. Two days in1 town/city each for the week, so he's hoping to see/hear something live. He likes hard rock, me I like the other stuff...lol
We need a dry spot to call home, no clouds sweeping into the house.
We want a place that I can grow veggies, and the dog can run around
But we don't want to be ripped off by a land owner. We will be looking for a good lawyer to help with that. The plan is to be retired in about 2 to 2 1/2 years from now. So we are looking
He is hoping to meet other expats during his trip to talk to while there too.
Do you or others from the forum know where he can stop and chat with others?
Thanks for all tips

No, you don't have to be a citizen to buy land. But I strongly suggest you live here for a year or more before buying anything, make sure life here works for you, make local contacts, etc.

My husband and I play in a rock band in Boquete. I don't know what goes on in other parts of the country.

Dry spot? in Panama? Tropics...  rainforest....  Azeuro peninsula is the driest part of the country. you'd have to be in the mountains to grow veggies though.  It's too hot otherwise.