Coco Beach in Chiriqui

People have asked about this development in the past, and there is a recent discussion on Facebook, in one of the Expats in Panama groups facebook.com/groups/expatsinpanama/  Word is there is almost nothing going on. One house is built (took a long time, many problems) and another is under construction. It was mentioned that good internet could be a problem, and it's not convenient if you fly out frequently. Flooding might be a problem during heavy rains. Nobody was found on site by people who visited. My opinion - I don't know why anybody would consider this development. Look for something already built, something you can see and evaluate, not something in a glossy brochure that may or may not be built well, or may or may not happen at all.

I was there again a few weeks ago to surf and scan the project once again. There has been some improvements......There is some construction goin on........several houses........they keep the gates open for surfers and visitors........which is kool.....and theres a rancho on the beach with a shower........Its a great stretch of beach in Panama, and has tremendous potential.......no serious flooding threats but yes, a bit in the worst of the rains.........But the Dutch owners are doin a good job......they are pushin ahead......the market is slow in Panama for various and obvious reasons.....I personally now live in Colombia........which has problems all its own........But the project in Cocos is not to be discarded or underestimated.......its a great spot........but a bit pricey considering whats been goin on in Panama politically in the last so many years.......Panama has to get its chit together or nobody is gonna want to even go there any more...............horrible, terrible managment in Panama.....we will see what Cortizo and his PRD can do.......They need to work miracles...........The problem is not the Dutch or the development project in Cocos.....problem is the govt. and the culture.........

Hello  I see your comment is pretty recent  but I would like to know when you have been latest at Coco Beach and if you know if there was ever a flooding of that area? We are considering to building there and a lot of the lots are already sold...

I bought a lot in Coco Beach and would like to sell it. The construction costs are so much higher now than in 2019 that I can't justify trying to build. I will say that the Dutch owners have stopped investing in the development and can't even finish out the power in some lots. They rely on the HOA to solve all their financial issues which doesn't feel right. But it's a beautiful area and my lot is cheaper than developer lots if someone wants to invest there. Bill …

@wwjetset

Hi,

Im interested in buying your lot.

What is the lot number?

Kind regards

Jarno

@jarnobolders

Hello

Try to contact him in private. Click on his username/profile photo and send him a message. He will be notified

Regards

Bhavna