Looking for gay expats living in Panama

Hi everyone, my partner and I are planning to move abroad from Canada to retire. We still have a few years left before getting there. We are two guys, not into public acts of affection, friendly and opened to all kinds of different people. We were wondering how it is living where you live in Panama and if being gay has been an obstacle for you in some way or another. Looking forward to hearing from you. Cheers!

There are quite a few gay people in Chiriquí who seem to be doing just fine. You might be interested in this Facebook group (Chiriquí Rainbow Community if the link doesn't work) https://www.facebook.com/groups/chiriqu … community/

Hi there, thank you very much. I'll check it out.

For an allegedly Catholic country, a surprising number of people are gay or bisexual.  At one point in time, there was once a joke circulating in the capital that becoming President was a function of who you were having sex with that year.

That having been said, there are fundamentalists of all flavors.  Discretion is important.  However, if you look at the number of 'love motels', commonly referred to as 'Pushbuttons' or simply a 'Push', you may deduce that infidelity is a national pastime.  One just doesn't advertise.  Lots of older people have 'housemates' for economic reasons, or simply to not be alone.

Out of sight, out of mind, as the saying goes.