Register motorbike

Hello,
I'm a foreigner working and living in Vietnam, I have a resident card and i would like import my motorbike(800 cc) from Cambodia to Vietnam then it's possible get a temporary registration card for my motorbike?if no there is another legal workaround to do that?

Thanks

Simple answer: no :/

Wald0 wrote:

Illegal or just such a pain it might as well be?

Are you married to a Vietnamese? If so it can and is done often. I know of no way for YOU to register one w/o being associated with someone that has a house book. Heck I must go to my wife home town to register our bikes. But I know many who have brought in bikes from Cambodia. Back when you could not have larger bikes they did some illegal things to get them registered. Many have probably heard of the mechanic in D! who was raided by the police and all the large bikes confiscated and never returned. You might want to check with him how to register it. But anyone can buy a bike and have it registered in the dealers name here. weird know

Fred wrote:
Wald0 wrote:

Illegal or just such a pain it might as well be?

Secondhand bike and 800cc.. probably can get it smuggle over the border and get fake papers.. but legally secondhand bikes are pain in the a**. New bike can, just pay taxes. And it is lot to do who you know. People in right places can do miracles ;)

Hi guys,
Really nice your sharing , interesting as i got some points ,truly i asked because i read this article m.english.vietnamnet.vn/fms/society/179655/import-of-used-motorcycles-into-vietnam.html#ui=mobile

And this one domicilecs.com/index.php/services/statutory-services/work-permits
In fact there is a law that says it is possible .
Well from what I understand I Will do fast if i go to find out someone that make miracle :D but I will not give up!!(

Yes it is possible, worth the hassle.....NO.
Sell the bike there and buy a new bike here, much easier.

colinoscapee wrote:

Yes it is possible, worth the hassle.....NO.
Sell the bike there and buy a new bike here, much easier.

Dear  Colinoscapee , thanks for your feedback , i would like you more in details do you know how much will be the tax if i will do that?

Thanks

Are the papers for you bike in your name in Cambodia.

Dear Colinoscape,
yes , all papers are in my name ...

This may help, as with all things in Viet Nam its up to the person doing the paperwork.

http://vietnamlawmagazine.vn/import-of- … -5809.html

colinoscapee wrote:

This may help, as with all things in Viet Nam its up to the person doing the paperwork.

http://vietnamlawmagazine.vn/import-of- … -5809.html

Thanks again Colinoscapee , in fact already i read that article it is why i asked more info to people here if get experience about this matter...

Thanks for your kind support!!!

Most people dont do it due to the drama involved.

colinoscapee wrote:

Most people dont do it due to the drama involved.

yes i will find out a legal workaround ..Thanks again