Fresh start in budapest

Hey all.

I got recently my hungarian citizenship by decendent of hungarian grandmother.

How do i become resident of hungary?
Currently, im citizen only.
What data i need to supply when i claim it at the immigration office?

Can i exchange my non eu driving  motorcycle license for hungarian one?

How do i sign to get health insurance coverage?

It will take some time to speak basic hungarian, so i need your experience,  please.

Which bank consider best to use without commissions?

Thanks in advance ,

Daniel.

You can easily get Hungarian ID card (electronics személyi igazolvány) by simply visiting Hungarian office or embassy in your country with (honosítási okirat and Lakcímkártya and your current ID or passport). With that you can get electronics személyi igazolvány, and with Hungarian ID you can do everything after that. First, you must call Hungarian embassy or office to fix an appointment,  and that they will explain everything. After you have Hungarian ID, you can find a location and place where you will register yourself that you are living there, and than you can get Hungarian driving license as well, and all other papers and things.

Sky30715 wrote:

Can i exchange my non eu driving  motorcycle license for hungarian one?

Depends if your driving license was issued in a country that joined the Vienna Convention on Road Traffic or not. See:

http://kekkh.gov.hu/en/driving_license_naturalization

Sky30715 wrote:

How do i sign to get health insurance coverage?

You have to live here to be on national health. And you pay a percent of your income to enroll unless retired. The national health and tax offices were merged, and you can ask at the tax office how to sign up.

For more information, here is a list of all Hungarian government web sites:

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/na … dex_en.htm

Thank you both so much for the fast reply,

I did visit Kormányablak XIII. kerület at Budapest, Teve u. 1a, 1139 Hungary,

The officer was friendly to me even when it was difficult to communicate.

I applied for the electronics személyi igazolvány and they will send me email soon to collect my new Id hungarian card.

Could you please guide me what name of office i should visit after to register my living address in budapest?

Im start working here the following week.

Sky