Work Visa for a married couple working in same Company

Hi,
Me and my wife are working in the same company in India. Our company is willing to send  both of us on deputation to their Sohar division. Our company has asked both of us to apply for work visa together.

What documents will be required for processing in such a case.

This is not a normal case where the family members are dependant on the person already having visa.
Our company will be providing us an accommodation, but the rent agreement of the accommodation will be on company's name.
Will both of us be successful in getting a work visa? Or can you suggest how should we apply for visa, so that my wife also gets a work visa?

Hi,

Normally, the positions for which you both are being hired shall require approval from ministry of manpower . This is something which your employers PRO shall handle. You would just need to provide the documents s/he asks for.

Generally, the documents required are academic qualifications befitting the role and related experience. For example , I know a case, where a person with adequate work experience in finance was refused a visa as he had provided MSc degree certificate,  as his highest qualification. (Inspite of having worked in Global Investment banks).

He did a part time evening MBA degree, which saved the day for him ! :-)

Once the ministry of manpower approval is there, you would generally sail through .
And yes, there is this medical report from GAMCA , .....this will be needed too.

The PRO should be detailing you the process.

However, if you do not receive prompt replies, do not get upset . It is the norm in this part of the world. Expect an excruciatingly slow process - unless your employers are different from others.

Happy prospecting !
Cheers