Famiy joining visa to employement visa

Hi..am in family joining visa now with my husband. I got a job offer.am I want to exit to my home country for getting te employment visa?is there any internal visa transfer available?If i exit my family visa ..and unfortunately if I could not get my employment visa..can I re enter to family visa?and what are rules in such cases?

Hi Sharbanas,

Giving up an existing family visa in the hope of getting an employment visa comes with its fair share of risks. To be able to apply for an employment visa, you would necessarily have to cancel your existing visa, since the same person cannot hold 2 valid visas.

You cancel your visa and exit the Sultanate. And your prospective employer applies for your employment visa. If the employer has the required job clearance and has met all required criteria, you can get your employment visa within say about a working week's time.

If your prospective employer does not meet with some criteria, then the employment visa cannot be processed, in which case you would have to wait indefinitely.

If you know that the employment visa cannot be issued, then you can always reapply for a family joining visa and come again, after you do the medicals, et al, as required by the law.

Thanks for ur valuable reply.

Also..I read in times of oman that any job seeker from family visa have to collect noc from the husbands employment sponsor either entering to employement visa or in to family joining?

Hi Sharbanas,

Since you seem to have a doubt, it is better to get it clarified with your husband's company / PRO.

Since the local rules keep changing on an almost regular basis, what is valid today could well be considered to be invalid tomorrow.

So it is better to have all your concerns clarified by your husband's company / sponsor / PRO. Likewise, check with your own company's PRO what the latest rules specify regarding your case.

Ok .Thanks