Colombia Work Visa

Does anyone have advice on how to get a Colombia work visa if mine is about to expire and the company I work for is not registered as a corporation in Colombia? Or know of a Colombian company that would sponsor my work visa if I covered all of the costs?

jilliannk wrote:

Does anyone have advice on how to get a Colombia work visa if mine is about to expire and the company I work for is not registered as a corporation in Colombia? Or know of a Colombian company that would sponsor my work visa if I covered all of the costs?

Dear Jilliann,

Welcome to the Colombia forum.

If renewal of your current work visa is expiring and cannot be renewed for the reason indicated, you may already be in Colombia without a valid work visa.

If you post again, you may want to state what field you are working in .. on what date your legal right to be in Colombia is expiring .. and whether you consider yourself to currently be here on a valid visa.

You may need to plan a quick trip to Panama City (not the dicey Venezuela border) and re-enter on a fresh tourist stamp to buy yourself more time in Colombia.

Until you secure a valid visa, you are limited to 180 days as a tourist in Colombia.  If you have been here since at least last January 1st, that time is up.  Overstay violators are subject to stiff fines and can be barred from re-entering Colombia for extended time.

If things get confusing for you -- as they already may have become -- it's time to get advice from an experienced Colombia attorney.

cccmedia in Medellín

I was born in Colombia. Raised in the USA.  I have both nationalities-citizenships.  I have a registered Colombian company.  I need to bring an American to Colombia to work with my hydroponics project.  Does anyone know how I can acquire the work visa for him?

AgroSurAmerica wrote:

I was born in Colombia. Raised in the USA.  I have both nationalities-citizenships.  I have a registered Colombian company.  I need to bring an American to Colombia to work with my hydroponics project.  Does anyone know how I can acquire the work visa for him?

I'd suggest talking directly to the Cancillería and finding out the steps and what visa he should have.

http://www.cancilleria.gov.co/tramites_ … sas/clases

Contact information by telephone is at the top of the page, and other methods on the left near the bottom of the page.