Moving to Frankfurt need help?

Hi. I really hope you can help. My wife has recently taken a job offer at the EBC. We are planning on moving around the 1 September. I have a question I hope someone can answer which will help with our move.

We will possibly be taking our English car over as well so will this need registering and who with or is it better to hire a van or removal firm.
I'm a qualified electrician so I will be looking for work myself. Can any one recommend and companies I could contact or even the local paper for job adverts I could have a look at?
Thanks
Stescott1

Registering a British car should be possible (as long as it's still EU), but will probably involve some paperwork (and possibly official translations required) at the local "Fahrzeugzulassungsstelle".
But I'd find it bothersome to drive with a vehicle built for the other side of the road ...

Construction is booming and electricians currently have good job chances. Contact your local "Handwerkskammer" first to find out whether your British certificates are recognised or you need to do some classes first!

Hi. That's great thanks for the reply I will have a look at this registration then.
I have driven overseas before in our British car so hopefully won't be too much trouble. Hoping I don't need it that much whilst over there anyway to be honest.

As for electrician jobs that's very good advice thanks. I will look into it. Hopefully I can just slot into a job no problem.
Thanks again.

Oh, of course you need to know at least some German to understand the customers/colleagues/boss. Very little English is spoken at that level of society!