Living in Mexico City

Hola, todos. My husband and I have lived in San Miguel de Allende for 8 years and are thinking of moving to Mexico City (DF); we love the city and all its offerings, plus having an international airport is so convenient for overseas travel. Our plan is to sell our home and find a rental for about a year to see if the city life there suits us. We are both active, healthy and in our early 70's. We both have our permanente status so living anywhere in Mexico is no problem.

We would like to hear from any participants who are living or have lived in Mexico City. I believe securing a rental is not that easy, so any resources would be appreciated.

Gracias,

Allysmom

This is a good question! I would also like to know about Mexico City..
Thank you

Hi, I am an expat in Mexico and looking forward to extend my stay. Can you give any advise?

What would you like to know? I've lived in many places in Mexico, was born in CDMX and I'm currently living here, so any question I might be able to answer

Hello, i living in mexico city right now. Its very comfortable to live here.

Good day,

I would like to know what is the average salary for an expat working in management          (retail) in Mexico and what is the average cost for a 3 bedroom or a house and can you get a good house in Mexico City?

In a very safe neighborhood around the Interlomas area, where your security always seems to be guaranteed, you can find a roommate and could be paying about 9,000 pesos which is about 400 USD, approximately. This includes all utilities, and sometimes cleaning service. This is from a personal experience

Mexico City is a very beautiful and comfortable city!

But it takes some getting used to.

I advise you to get around the city by taxi [link moderated]

Always a lifesaver when there is traffic

@allysmom

Hello,

I am an American that moved to cdmx from Kentucky. What are you curious about?