Solutions to join expat wife in Bahrain ?

Hi All,

I'm 38 years Old, married, with a 2 years old daughter from Algeria.

My wife got offered a job in Manama with a nice position. So we are thinking of moving to Bahrain with our 2 years old daughter.
The problem is that female expat can not sponsor their husband on a "dependant" visa (I'm not GCC).
Actually on the LMRA website it's marked that "The husband's applications must be submitted through the employer as a normal "work permit""
Is this means that the company hiring my wife can still apply a visa for me even if i won't work for them ?
Have you guys heard of such example where you work or maybe some of your friend who were in the same situation ?

I'm looking for a solution to join my wife in Bahrain, I don't want to work in Bahrain, i already have a company in my country, i just want to be abble to stay as much time as possible with my wife and daughter in Bahrain, going back several times in my country is not a problem (On the contrary, i have to, to manage my company)

What is the best solution ?
- Visit visa (1 month and 15 days a bit too short) ?
- A 3 months Business visa ? if yes what is the best way ? create a company ?

I'm opened to all suggestions and solutions

I'm looking for immigration agent/agency/consultant to help me with the procedures and for advises, if you know some please share

Thank you all in advance

PS : I don't have 100 000 BD to invest to get self-sponsored residency permit  :)

Hi,
You need to check whether you can get a visa from  evisa.gov.bh based on your nationality or you wives company has to apply for a visit visa (1month)for you which can then be extended for another month by paying the appropriate fees but at the end of the term you need to exit the country and come back.

T&R

Hi Logicalindian,

Thanks a lot for the answer, I have heard that the visit visa could be extended up to 3 months (max)
https://www.npra.gov.bh/en/services/vis … or-family/

Am I wrong ?

I'm Algerian by the way.

Thank you for your help

Your situation is not unique and I know many people in such situations.  Usually wives can't sponsor husbands except in some industries.

You have the following options:

1) Visa on arrival. Come and go. You need to have a nationality which allows it e.g. Uk, US etc
2) Visit visa route. Will cost around 90 BD for three months and you have to leave and then come back
3) Wife's employer can give a work visa but not guaranteed. As they become liable for end of service benefits and such. Some employers do that to get the family in and ask the husband to find a solution within a time frame e.g. 6 months. Your wife needs to talk to the employers. I know employers who have done this
4) Set up a company on single proprietor basis. Will take a few months and you should have a degree which will allow you to set it up as consultancy - cheapest option. And you need an office. Set up and running costs will vary but are up to a 1000 bd a year and you have to keep a similar amount of deposit in the bank. Also you need to file audited statements each year to keep company registration and visas active. MOCI website can provide directions
5) Buy property of at least 50,000 BD. Have to keep 15,000 BD in addition in a bank and have health insurance

Hope that helps.

PS. Option 4 is not known by many people as it's only given by MOCI. Immigration only provides the 100K BD self sponsorship route.

Xtang,

Thanks a lot for your answer, it's indeed very helpful !

In case of the option 2 :
- Do I need my wife's employer to sponsor my visit visa or can I obtain a 3 month stay on my own (or with the help of an agent) ?
- is this 3 month stay visit visa is limited to certain nationality or not ?

Thank you in advance

cavalier2017 wrote:

Xtang,

Thanks a lot for your answer, it's indeed very helpful !

In case of the option 2 :
- Do I need my wife's employer to sponsor my visit visa or can I obtain a 3 month stay on my own (or with the help of an agent) ?
- is this 3 month stay visit visa is limited to certain nationality or not ?

Thank you in advance

I think you can apply yourself via the online portal. The visa is to be extended every month up to a maximum of 3 months.  Don't think there is a nationality bar.

XTang wrote:

4) Set up a company on single proprietor basis. Will take a few months and you should have a degree which will allow you to set it up as consultancy - cheapest option. And you need an office. Set up and running costs will vary but are up to a 1000 bd a year and you have to keep a similar amount of deposit in the bank. Also you need to file audited statements each year to keep company registration and visas active. MOCI website can provide directions
5) Buy property of at least 50,000 BD. Have to keep 15,000 BD in addition in a bank and have health insurance

Hope that helps.

PS. Option 4 is not known by many people as it's only given by MOCI. Immigration only provides the 100K BD self sponsorship route.

Some Corrections
4. Setup of office would be 1000 BD , and then you need an address which costs 1000 BD for a year "Virtual
Office " on that basis you get Investor Visa which is typically the same thing as Self Sponsorship .

5. You don't need a Fixed Deposit of 15,000 BD in bank , they removed it for self sponsorship category months ago .