Understanding Vietnamese girls

jazzy851 wrote:

This could be interesting.. i'm tempted to get the pop corn out  :D

Only joking - on a serious note, it seems when you are in Vietnam, you seem to get attention. When you leave, the communication is less than expected.   :/

I know nothing about this girl and its wrong for me to judge her without knowing her.
Have you asked her what she does for a living ? you questioned the jewellery she wears as you suspect it may be from one of her foreign boyfriends? This could be the case, but on the other hand she may have a decent job that pays her well to buy such jewellery ? 

Hopefully others on this forum may be able to input and give you a better picture.   :whistle:

Hahaha.... I'm catching up.😎

Thank you for this detailed and encouraging answer!

Man ... there are so many beautiful girls here.

Why bother windering if she is gonna stiff you.

Yes I think she will later.

There are others ... go find one.

I found a beautiful.woman with her own business and we now have a baby and she is tight as hell with money.

Oh yeah ..

My wife is from Quy Nhon also.

So nothing to do with the Province.

artemtelez wrote:

So to be honnest european girls are the most prettiest girls

Based on what criteria.

Funny stuff. If you figure them out you could be the first. If so write a book. Tight with money......hmmmmm I thought they all had that as their middle name. Most are looking for a ticket out or money. The dressers and the jewlery girls I avoid. Married one and it was a nightmare from jump street. She would yake off once a month for at least 10 days. Really baffled me what was going on. Not until after we divorced did I learn she was telling everyone I was beating her so she left. However, I have never hit anyone man or women. We had a child and that is when it got strange and I later found out most do. Once she was PG that was the end of the funky monkey. Seems they feel your going to kill or blind the baby poking around. They after the baby was born she moved into a seperate room and lived . But all was well we divorced shortly after that. She had been planning it all from the start. I always thought she was building a nestegg. The final straw was when she took $20,000 and the baby. I now have a wonderful Vietnamese lady with whom I had a child. We never married and never again would I marry one. But she is simple and never wants for anything. I try to buy her things and she refuses. Great mom and breat partner. There is not much of a teason for a foreign man to marry here. You have zero rights. I lost my child compketely and my lawyer said this is what they do. You can buy your own clothes and maintain title to them, but not much else. If your wanting to marry and take them back to your country a different story. But even then I know rwo that knew the visa rules in my country. Shortly after arrival they called the police, claiming spousal abuse. That get them a free ticket to get a green card even w/o marriage. They ate clever coniving souls with great innocent eyes. Yet the fact remains there are very few young gals on the planet loooking for a old, bald, fat man because they think they are so cute. Indeed, there is no doubt most like the bulge in your pants, but it is the bulge in the back pocket. That is just the beginning of the story.

Diazo wrote:

Funny stuff. If you figure them out you could be the first. If so write a book. Tight with money......hmmmmm I thought they all had that as their middle name. Most are looking for a ticket out or money. The dressers and the jewlery girls I avoid. Married one and it was a nightmare from jump street. She would yake off once a month for at least 10 days. Really baffled me what was going on. Not until after we divorced did I learn she was telling everyone I was beating her so she left. However, I have never hit anyone man or women. We had a child and that is when it got strange and I later found out most do. Once she was PG that was the end of the funky monkey. Seems they feel your going to kill or blind the baby poking around. They after the baby was born she moved into a seperate room and lived . But all was well we divorced shortly after that. She had been planning it all from the start. I always thought she was building a nestegg. The final straw was when she took $20,000 and the baby. I now have a wonderful Vietnamese lady with whom I had a child. We never married and never again would I marry one. But she is simple and never wants for anything. I try to buy her things and she refuses. Great mom and breat partner. There is not much of a teason for a foreign man to marry here. You have zero rights. I lost my child compketely and my lawyer said this is what they do. You can buy your own clothes and maintain title to them, but not much else. If your wanting to marry and take them back to your country a different story. But even then I know rwo that knew the visa rules in my country. Shortly after arrival they called the police, claiming spousal abuse. That get them a free ticket to get a green card even w/o marriage. They ate clever coniving souls with great innocent eyes. Yet the fact remains there are very few young gals on the planet loooking for a old, bald, fat man because they think they are so cute. Indeed, there is no doubt most like the bulge in your pants, but it is the bulge in the back pocket. That is just the beginning of the story.

I have a quick question, how did you manage to stay in VN long term if you're no longer married?

Diazo wrote:

I have a quick question, how did you manage to stay in VN long term if you're no longer married?

- @Jlgarbutt
Only the sound of crickets... 🦗🦗🦗

Must be why he is unaware of current visa policies
Diazo wrote:

- @Jlgarbutt

Illegally! 😂
A lot of clever fools. But no....I am here legally.
@oceanbeach :  not sure who "he" refers to.
Oh geez,  1f937.svg
A lot of clever fools. But no....I am here legally.
- @Diazo

Why can't you answer the question?

Understanding the dynamics of a relationship can be a complex and nuanced process. It's essential to navigate these situations with sensitivity and open communication. If you find yourself feeling wary about the nature of your connection with someone, it becomes imperative to delve into the depth of your relationship and gain clarity on the roles each of you plays in each other's lives.

Firstly, introspect on your own feelings and expectations. What is it that makes you feel wary or uncertain about her intentions? Identifying your own emotions and concerns is a crucial step in initiating an open and honest conversation.

Approaching her directly is key to unraveling the mystery surrounding your relationship. Initiate a sincere and respectful conversation where you express your thoughts and feelings, while also allowing her the space to share her perspective. Ask open-ended questions that encourage her to communicate her sentiments regarding the nature of your connection. Does she see you as a friend, a potential romantic partner, or was the encounter simply a one-time occurrence?

Active listening is equally important during this dialogue. Pay attention to both verbal and non-verbal cues, as they can provide valuable insights into her feelings. Be prepared for any possible outcome and approach the conversation with an open mind.

Building a foundation of trust and understanding is essential for any relationship to flourish. If she perceives you as a friend and you desire something more, it's crucial to respect her feelings while expressing your own. On the other hand, if her intentions align with yours, it sets the stage for a potential deepening of your connection.

Remember that communication is a continuous process, and ongoing dialogue can help navigate the evolving dynamics of your relationship. Approach the situation with empathy, openness, and a willingness to understand each other's perspectives, as this lays the groundwork for a healthier and more fulfilling connection.

And then about sex, Asian people will usually do it gently without rushing if it's her first time. You should refer to movies when having sex with an Asian girl.

@locnguyen0357890

Welcome to expat.com, locnguyen0357890

But, AI generated text? (Link) Really?

Would be nice to hear your own thoughts on this.

@locnguyen0357890
Welcome to expat.com, locnguyen0357890
But, AI generated text? (Link) Really?
Would be nice to hear your own thoughts on this.

-@Aidan in HCMC

Author revealed!

@locnguyen0357890 Welcome to expat.com, locnguyen0357890 But, AI generated text? (Link) Really? Would be nice to hear your own thoughts on this.        -@Aidan in HCMC
Author revealed!-@OceanBeach92107

The member neglected to add the citation, "(BARD, 2024)".

@locnguyen0357890Welcome to expat.com, locnguyen0357890But, AI generated text? (Link) Really?Would be nice to hear your own thoughts on this.        -@Aidan in HCMC

Author revealed!-@OceanBeach92107

Poster may not have the ability to generate original thinking.

mAC

@locnguyen0357890Welcome to expat.com, locnguyen0357890But, AI generated text? (Link) Really?Would be nice to hear your own thoughts on this.        -@Aidan in HCMC Author revealed!-@OceanBeach92107

Poster may not have the ability to generate original thinking.
mAC

-@Mac68

How about being a little more charitable and assume that the poster had the ideas but not the confidence in his English fluency to express them.  Who among us has not used some of the tools of technology to assist in writing.  We all at least check for the little red spell check lines under words, or those who don't should start now.

That said, the bit about watching movies at the end did seem a bit out of tempo with the rest.   My reaction as I first read it was that it must be the writing of a Freshman Psychology student.  I hope the poster is not chased away but continues to contribute.   Overseas Vietnamese can be among the most valuable contributors here because of their dual perspective.

@locnguyen0357890Welcome to expat.com, locnguyen0357890But, AI generated text? (Link) Really?Would be nice to hear your own thoughts on this.        -@Aidan in HCMC Author revealed!-@OceanBeach92107Poster may not have the ability to generate original thinking. mAC        -@Mac68

How about being a little more charitable and assume that the poster had the ideas but not the confidence in his English fluency to express them.  Who among us has not used some of the tools of technology to assist in writing.  We all at least check for the little red spell check lines under words, or those who don't should start now.

That said, the bit about watching movies at the end did seem a bit out of tempo with the rest.   My reaction as I first read it was that it must be the writing of a Freshman Psychology student.  I hope the poster is not chased away but continues to contribute.   Overseas Vietnamese can be among the most valuable contributors here because of their dual perspective.

So, ...I need to think more about understanding the motivation of one who does not even attempt to write in their own vernacular I really need to get my head around that one.

mAC

-@THIGV

I was going to suggest that Mr Loc write first in Vietnamese then put his work into Google Translate, but then I remembered how terrible that is.   Actually it may be better going from Vietnamese > English while most of us are more commonly using it for English > Vietnamese which it is not too good at.  Anyone have any experience evaluating Google Viet>English?   Also Mr. Loc is clearly computer competent even if he does not have full confidence in his English.

@locnguyen0357890Welcome to expat.com, locnguyen0357890But, AI generated text? (Link) Really? Would be nice to hear your own thoughts on this.        -@Aidan in HCMC
Author revealed!            -@OceanBeach92107
Poster may not have the ability to generate original thinking. mAC        -@Mac68
How about being a little more charitable and assume that the poster had the ideas but not the confidence in his English fluency to express them.  Who among us has not used some of the tools of technology to assist in writing.  We all at least check for the little red spell check lines under words, or those who don't should start now...

I had intended to write very much the same, THIGV. Some weeks ago I had opened a thread for discussion among admins/experts/advisors on how existing forum members should respond to (mostly new) members posting AI generated text.

I asked...

AI Generated Posts Policy? (topic's title) The frequency of these posts is increasing (of course). Do we/should we have a policy addressing the issue? Or, is it even an issue worthy of discussion? Live with it, maybe?  -@Aidan in HCMC

After much back-and-forth and many reply posts, admin responded with... (emphasis mine)

Hello everyone, We don't have any written rules about AI generated content yet as it is quite a new "technology" "software" used. First, we need to see in what context members are using it (poor English skills, SEO content, Advertising) then take appropriate action. I can see that all the posts linked above (by various experts/advisors worldwide) were deleted, so, most probably they were spam or advertising. From what I've seen so far in regards to AI content, they are usually posted to advertise a service or spam (which is already not allowed on our platform). I've seen some introductions as well and some general information posted which were not harmful. In this case, we can just request the member to elaborate and ask him for his source of information. In any case, if you have any doubt, you may hide the post or remove or even report, we'll have a look at it. Have a nice day               [email protected] team

I was being absolutely sincere when I said to member locnguyen0357890,

"Would be nice to hear your own thoughts on this."

That said, the bit about watching movies at the end did seem a bit out of tempo with the rest.   My reaction as I first read it was that it must be the writing of a Freshman Psychology student.

My first thought was that it was AI generated text. I find most of the AI text I read to be dripping with mediocrity (I believe this could be avoided somewhat if one were to craft their prompts carefully)

I hope the poster is not chased away but continues to contribute.   

Me too.

locnguyen0357890, there was certainly no offence toward you intended. A bit of fun in the follow up posts perhaps, but no insult or offence meant.

Overseas Vietnamese can be among the most valuable contributors here because of their dual perspective.             -@THIGV

HEAR, HEAR! 100% agreed.

I was going to suggest that Mr Loc write first in Vietnamese then put his work into Google Translate, but then I remembered how terrible that is.   Actually it may be better going from Vietnamese > English while most of us are more commonly using it for English > Vietnamese which it is not too good at.  Anyone have any experience evaluating Google Viet>English?   Also Mr. Loc is clearly computer competent even if he does not have full confidence in his English.

-@THIGV

Mr NGUYEN, you mean?

You noted he's Việt Kiều, so it's not surprising he's following the "family name last, given name first" construct common in the USA.

@locnguyen0357890Welcome to expat.com, locnguyen0357890But, AI generated text? (Link) Really? Would be nice to hear your own thoughts on this.        -@Aidan in HCMC
Author revealed!            -@OceanBeach92107
Poster may not have the ability to generate original thinking. mAC        -@Mac68
How about being a little more charitable and assume that the poster had the ideas but not the confidence in his English fluency to express them.  Who among us has not used some of the tools of technology to assist in writing.  We all at least check for the little red spell check lines under words, or those who don't should start now...

I had intended to write very much the same, THIGV. Some weeks ago I had opened a thread for discussion among admins/experts/advisors on how existing forum members should respond to (mostly new) members posting AI generated text.
I asked...
AI Generated Posts Policy? (topic's title) The frequency of these posts is increasing (of course). Do we/should we have a policy addressing the issue? Or, is it even an issue worthy of discussion? Live with it, maybe?  -@Aidan in HCMC

After much back-and-forth and many reply posts, admin responded with... (emphasis mine)
Hello everyone, We don't have any written rules about AI generated content yet as it is quite a new "technology" "software" used. First, we need to see in what context members are using it (poor English skills, SEO content, Advertising) then take appropriate action. I can see that all the posts linked above (by various experts/advisors worldwide) were deleted, so, most probably they were spam or advertising. From what I've seen so far in regards to AI content, they are usually posted to advertise a service or spam (which is already not allowed on our platform). I've seen some introductions as well and some general information posted which were not harmful. In this case, we can just request the member to elaborate and ask him for his source of information. In any case, if you have any doubt, you may hide the post or remove or even report, we'll have a look at it. Have a nice day               [email protected] team

I was being absolutely sincere when I said to member locnguyen0357890,
"Would be nice to hear your own thoughts on this."
That said, the bit about watching movies at the end did seem a bit out of tempo with the rest.   My reaction as I first read it was that it must be the writing of a Freshman Psychology student.

My first thought was that it was AI generated text. I find most of the AI text I read to be dripping with mediocrity (I believe this could be avoided somewhat if one were to craft their prompts carefully)
  I hope the poster is not chased away but continues to contribute.   

Me too.
locnguyen0357890, there was certainly no offence toward you intended. A bit of fun in the follow up posts perhaps, but no insult or offence meant.
Overseas Vietnamese can be among the most valuable contributors here because of their dual perspective.             -@THIGV

HEAR, HEAR! 100% agreed.

-@Aidan in HCMC

I agree too! Please just be yourself. Remembering my high school teaching times in USA, I never graded, not ever, graded anything other than content of opinion or fact. Brushed all the fancy stuff aside.

Just express yourself.

Also I personally would love to see more women participate here, so bring them in if you can too !!!!!.  WAY too many of us guys need WAY more balance

mAC

...Remembering my high school teaching times in USA, I never graded, not ever, graded anything other than content of opinion or fact. Brushed all the fancy stuff aside. Just express yourself...   
    -@Mac68

Not being a US citizen I'm curious as to how Ebonics is viewed by yourself, the general population, and by the education system. Is it viewed as a distinct language, or as a dialect of English?

Mr NGUYEN, you mean?

You noted he's Việt Kiều, so it's not surprising he's following the "family name last, given name first" construct common in the USA.

-@OceanBeach92107

Although he is a US resident. I intentionally opted for the Vietnamese customary Mr or Ms followed directly by given name.  That is how all the Vietnamese teachers I knew were addressed by students, as it is considered respectful.  Way too many Nguyen surnames in Vietnam and too many Kim surnames in Korea.  1f600.svg  I did assume that Loc was a male name but you can never be too sure of that in Vietnam, unless you are looking right at the person.

My wife tells me that her given name is usually male.   Also she has more than one friend with her surname Pham, plus our family doctor and the 2nd generation girl who manages our apartment house, all not being perceivably related and that's just in Hawaii.

Mr NGUYEN, you mean? You noted he's Việt Kiều, so it's not surprising he's following the "family name last, given name first" construct common in the USA.        -@OceanBeach92107

Although he is a US resident. I intentionally opted for the Vietnamese customary Mr or Ms followed directly by given name.  That is how all the Vietnamese teachers I knew were addressed by students, as it is considered respectful.  Way too many Nguyen surnames in Vietnam and too many Kim surnames in Korea.  1f600.svg  I did assume that Loc was a male name but you can never be too sure of that in Vietnam, unless you are looking right at the person.
My wife tells me that her given name is usually male.   Also she has more than one friend with her surname Pham, plus our family doctor and the 2nd generation girl who manages our apartment house, all not being perceivably related and that's just in Hawaii.

-@THIGV

I forgive you...

...Remembering my high school teaching times in USA, I never graded, not ever, graded anything other than content of opinion or fact. Brushed all the fancy stuff aside. Just express yourself...       -@Mac68

Not being a US citizen I'm curious as to how Ebonics is viewed by yourself, the general population, and by the education system. Is it viewed as a distinct language, or as a dialect of English?

-@Aidan in HCMC

I read that Ebonics is pretty much a dead letter in the US Mainland.   One ironic thing is that many of the features that make Afro-American speech distinctive are derived from Elizabethan English. 

...Remembering my high school teaching times in USA, I never graded, not ever, graded anything other than content of opinion or fact. Brushed all the fancy stuff aside. Just express yourself...       -@Mac68Not being a US citizen I'm curious as to how Ebonics is viewed by yourself, the general population, and by the education system. Is it viewed as a distinct language, or as a dialect of English?         -@Aidan in HCMC

I read that Ebonics is pretty much a dead letter in the US Mainland.   One ironic thing is that many of the features that make Afro-American speech distinctive are derived from Elizabethan English. 

-@THIGV

Not about Ebonics', but about listening to students as they arrive with their own vocabulary. Where they expressed themselves as they understood and related to the world from where they were at a given time. Vocabulary increases with use of a language that is most common to their surroundings. Now that the world is full of 'isms' of right v wrong  versus just listening, AI to be accepted as expressions' of self?

So, where one speaks, communicates from their understanding of the world around them, we all need to accept differences as commonalities not deviations of language. The most recent use of AI to express one's - self expression, as demonstrated the AI generated response here in Expat.Com, removes true self expression, places a curtain of placation above a person's identity of self.

My opinion.

mAC

English word of the day:

"Adroitly"

(in a sentence)

Observe how adroitly a thread is taken off topic.

English word of the day:"Adroitly"(in a sentence) Observe how adroitly a thread is taken off topic.        -@OceanBeach92107

Skillfully? = adroitly.

but, but I was trying to  rein it in,  adroitly.

"In order to adroitly steer the conversation back to its original focus, I would like to reiterate the importance of addressing the central issue at hand and invite all parties to refocus their attention accordingly."

(Deep AI, 2024)

Understanding Vietnamese girls. It's really not difficult. Simply learn Vietnamese.

As with English, it takes time, but can be mastered through tough, thorough, thought though.

<groan>

@Aidan in HCMC

Not Bard, clearly ChatGPT ;)

@danrodri

1f643.svg

Close. I'm guessing you already saw Bard's work (post #696. click to enlarge).

The "adroitly back on topic" one is from DeepAI

sucks, all the same. Not quite "Turing test" ready. Either of them, IMHO

@Aidan in HCMC

Because my English is not very good, I used AI to translate my thoughts, and AI added it.

I'm so sorry everyone for causing confusion

@Aidan in HCMCBecause my English is not very good, I used AI to translate my thoughts, and AI added it.        -@locnguyen0357890

Understood, perfectly.

As I said...

I was being absolutely sincere when I said to member locnguyen0357890, "Would be nice to hear your own thoughts on this."

Many of us on this forum have lived in VN for years. We are very grateful when local Vietnamese people join, and we encourage their participation in any of our ongoing discussions. Though posts made to this forum must be in English, please do not feel any need to apologize for your not being entirely fluent in English.

Better for you to use Google Dịch (Link) to convey your own thoughts, translating from Vietnamese to English, than to use an AI text generator. Believe me when I say that all expats in VN are painfully aware of Google Dịch's shortcomings, so if the Google translation is not understandable, or if it is ambiguous, we will simply ask you to explain further. We try not to be judgmental.

Once more, welcome to expat.com, locnguyen0357890. Hope to hear more from you soon.

@Aidan in HCMCBecause my English is not very good, I used AI to translate my thoughts, and AI added it.        -@locnguyen0357890

Understood, perfectly.
As I said...
I was being absolutely sincere when I said to member locnguyen0357890, "Would be nice to hear your own thoughts on this."

Many of us on this forum have lived in VN for years. We are very grateful when local Vietnamese people join, and we encourage their participation in any of our ongoing discussions. Though posts made to this forum must be in English, please do not feel any need to apologize for your not being entirely fluent in English.
Better for you to use Google Dịch (Link) to convey your own thoughts, translating from Vietnamese to English, than to use an AI text generator. Believe me when I say that all expats in VN are painfully aware of Google Dịch's shortcomings, so if the Google translation is not understandable, or if it is ambiguous, we will simply ask you to explain further. We try not to be judgmental.

Once more, welcome to expat.com, locnguyen0357890. Hope to hear more from you soon.

-@Aidan in HCMC

To locnguyen0357890:

Looking forward to hearing from you again. Just use your English as it come to you, Also intersperse it with Vietnamese as you see fit, ...my Mother did the same was she was here on Earth. Her English was  not perfect, nor is mine even today.

mAC

Thank you so much

Thank you so much        -@locnguyen0357890

bạn thật sự rất tuyệt vời

(Google dich)

mAC

But, ...one more thing, ...Why all the fuss over "Understanding Vietnamese Girls by expats? Why not just observe your surroundings, and understand the virtues of Vietnamese people.

just wondering where and why this is of reoccurring great interest, what are these people really trying to find out?

Again, just wondering ...a new thread maybe?

mAC