Dating Older Women in Vietnam

Good Morning/Afternoon.

This is my first time posting on a forum, let alone this one.

I'm a 27 year old professional. I have lived all my life in the UK & I am looking to travel to Vietnam to potentially live the rest of my life.

I have always dated older women, however; when I try to get information on this topic: all I find is older expat men looking for younger Viet women. I'm looking for the opposite.

What would be my choices for dating older women in Vietnam? (40/50/60 year old) being the age that I am.

I'm extremely polite, loyal, respectful & would love to know more on culture & practices with regards to this topic.

Thank You for reading & thank you for your patience. I hope I have posted this correctly.

- J

There are half a dozen YT and FB videos showing the kind of May-December relationships as you describe -- the men are 35 - 50 years younger than the women.  It may or may not be a strange coincidence, but all the men are from Eastern Europe, none of them working for a living, all the women are well-off, and they all live in the women's large homes.

Not many positive comments following those videos, if you must know, especially since everyone in those videos looks his/her age (meaning the men look younger than the women's children or in some cases, grandchildren.)

A dating app may be your best option.

I have a Vietnamese girlfriend who is much younger than me and often when we are out together older women ask her about me, do I have any friends, brothers etc.
Therefore I think there are many older Vietnamese women looking for a man, but perhaps not a younger one, I think that is an unusual concept in Asia. I have never used a dating site, but have found Vietnamese women to be very friendly and interesting company. I'm sure if you are as you say, polite, loyal and respectful you will have no problem meeting them, but they may find dating you very awkward

Tons of single older vietnamese women here, partly because traditionally women get married earlier younger. So those that chose to have a careeer or trravel tend to be single...

Depends on what sort of age range you are happy with. I know at least four friends in their late thirties who i consider to be very attractive.

colinoscapee wrote:

Perhaps, but I think a 50 year old Vietnamese woman will be suspicious of a 27 year old western man wanting to date her.

Malcolmleitrim wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

Perhaps, but I think a 50 year old Vietnamese woman will be suspicious of a 27 year old western man wanting to date her.

Unless the OP speaks Vietnamese he will find it much harder to meet someone randomly.  On a dating app he may find one that can converse in English.

Jayonthekeys wrote:

Good Morning/Afternoon.

I'm a 27 year old professional. I have lived all my life in the UK & I am looking to travel to Vietnam to potentially live the rest of my life.

I have always dated older women, however; when I try to get information on this topic: all I find is older expat men looking for younger Viet women. I'm looking for the opposite.

What would be my choices for dating older women in Vietnam? (40/50/60 year old) being the age that I am.

I'm extremely polite, loyal, respectful & would love to know more on culture & practices with regards to this topic.

Thank You for reading & thank you for your patience. I hope I have posted this correctly.

- J

Dont bother about dating sites, just have a walk round the park beside my apartment & you will be overwhelmed by women in their late 30's & up wanting to get to know you & all of them with cash & as Ciambella says most will be wealthy & have really nice big houses & I mean big, only problem is that most will have all the family living there too maybe 4 generations. I am not into older women as lovers but I have visited many resorts here & their are loads of free older girls wanting a bit of loving & some of them look quite fit too. One word of caution though, cosmetic surgery is very common here with older rich women!
I have the opposite experience certainly with some of the older wealthy ladies round here, they seem to speak fairly good English & have the money & contacts that allows them to travel Abroad.

Thank You Goodolboy, your answer seemed the most constructed & I appreciate that. Thank You for taking the time to reply to my question.

Jayonthekeys wrote:

Thank You Goodolboy, your answer seemed the most constructed & I appreciate that. Thank You for taking the time to reply to my question.

Jayon, thanks for the positive reply. One thing I have to qualify before any smart ass picks up on it on the forum is that I replied to your post looking for 40 & upwards ladies & in my reply I sad "personally I am not into older women" in actual fact what I should have said ....women older than my self to be correct. In fact the age group you are quoting is the same as myself but of course they older for you & younger for me. My ex Vietnamese wife is 52 now & my Vietnamese partner of 2 years is 36.

In my opinion you will have no problem finding a GF even without a dating site, because at the lower end of your age requirement of 40, most Vietnamese ladies who have taken care of themselves can look much younger so a guy of 27 with say a 40 or even 50 year old wont look out of place & she will be a queen in the eyes of her friends (well maybe to her face but probably not behind her back)

A couple of words of warning from my experience of Vietnamese women though.

Dont even consider any who have tattoos!

Check out their social media sites & if they are full of like thousands of selfies give them a miss cos their heads are up their own ass & they will just be a head ache in the end.

In general life, take everything a Vietnamese tells you, divide it by 2 & you might just might be getting near the truth! many live in a dream world!

Good luck in your quest :top:

Jayonthekeys wrote:

Good Morning/Afternoon.

- J

Sent you a PM.

goodolboy wrote:

Dont bother about dating sites, just have a walk round the park beside my apartment & you will be overwhelmed by women in their late 30's & up wanting to get to know you

Hmm. Interesting, I'm after the same age group. So where in VN is this park you are referring to, goodolboy? Maybe you can tell me in a PM if you don't want to publicize it?

hyagly256 wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

Dont bother about dating sites, just have a walk round the park beside my apartment & you will be overwhelmed by women in their late 30's & up wanting to get to know you

Hmm. Interesting, I'm after the same age group. So where in VN is this park you are referring to, goodolboy? Maybe you can tell me in a PM if you don't want to publicize it?

I'm pretty sure it's the big park near the bus station in Pham Ngu Lau.    I came stumbling through there late one night after a session at the Crazy Buffalo.    Goodolboy was on the money.....they're everywhere.  Friendly too.😆

Ontheroad57 wrote:
hyagly256 wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's the big park near the bus station in Pham Ngu Lau.    I came stumbling through there late one night after a session at the Crazy Buffalo.    Goodolboy was on the money.....they're everywhere.  Friendly too.😆

Every park is the same same Roadie chocked full of ladies, lots walking, jogging, aerobic keep fit, Latin dancing, Ballroom dancing & the Trad Vietnamese/Chinese dancing, you know the one where there is lots of slow hand movements & a fan dont know the name of this dancing/keep fit. All age groups to suit every taste, even seen some lady boys if that rocks yer boat. 90% trying to make eye contact,  smile & say hello, not saying they are giving you the "come on" like but then its up to you to follow up on the signals!!
Another defo puller is if you have a small dog on a lead, same every country in the world.

Try Vietnamcupid dating app

For sure, this is one of the most refreshing posts to read on the entire site.

J. Good Luck on your quest buddy, please keep us posted about the work on progress when arriving in VN.

Who needs an app... Just walk down the street and smile back when they smile at you..😜

All depends which city you are in. In a small city with little foreign interaction you may find most women will not be smiling directly at you.

Not that they won't like you ... but foreigners and locals dating may not be a normal part of life.

YOU make the local girl strange when you date them ... that is why so many stare at her when you are together.

In a cosmopolitan city such as Da Nang and Ha Noi, this is not a problem.

SongwriterUK wrote:

All depends which city you are in. In a small city with little foreign interaction you may find most women will not be smiling directly at you.

Not that they won't like you ... but foreigners and locals dating may not be a normal part of life.

YOU make the local girl strange when you date them ... that is why so many stare at her when you are together.

Dont know where you get your info but certainly not my experience, lived in Tay Ninh city & Trang Bang a small town/community in Tay Ninh province for 9 years + & the ladies there were just the same as in HCMC, lots of eye contact & smiles even when with my then wife. They made it quite clear they wanted to get to know you! How you progress the eye contact depends on how confident you are. As for the locals staring at her :lol: it certainly did not effect our lives in fact she was without doubt looked on in awe/respect & was immediately elevated right up social ladder in the commune.

I did say depends in which city. Many people have many different stories ... even in the same town or city.

In Da Nang you can chat away with many women / girls but it is not always so in some places.

In Kon Tum, Tam Ky and Quy Nhon it was NOT normal for them to blatantly look you in the eyes (like that) or to try pick you up. Though once you know a few people and become a face ... dating is easy.

Most places, your wife/GF will be stared at a lot. Especially if she is pregnant (like mine ATM). Some stare for good, some for bad reasons. Mostly out of sheer curiosity.

We foreigners are a rare breed here (thank God) but we are kinda like a Mickey Mouse. We are entertainment for a lot of folks ... I do not mind, I was raised in a city which has so many people from many different races and backgrounds ... the locals in Vietnam are not (on the whole) so they stare.

As for 'elevating' her status ... that sound very offensive. I picked my wife (and she picked me) because she was a woman in her own rights, had her own business and friends. She does not need me to 'elevate' her in any way.

Vietnamese women are some of the best in the World. lets not insult them.

As a funny aside ... anyone in Da Nang will know what I mean.

Go into an local indoor part of the market and walk around shopping for vegetables. It is a female controlled environment and the sheer bravura of the sellers is amazing.

They will shout to each other about you and joke about marriage. They will laugh so much.

One shouted down the street "Em yeu Anh" as I walked out ... so I shouted back "Anh yeu em" ... they thought it was hilarious.

I felt like a piece of meat lol: ... it would never happen in the UK ... not at my age anyway.

Good fun though.

Yes, there are many single moms/mums looking for a foreigner in Viet Nam.

I've been told that their previously married status disqualifies them in the eyes of local men (?).

(OP)

Thank you everyone for your comments! I've come back after a while to give these messages a read.

I'll have my dB MSc completed soon & will head to Vietnam once the borders are open.

My aim is to teach English (Also maybe the Piano) in Vietnam & volunteer in Ho Chi Minh hospital with regards to Agent Orange. I also want to assist the poor in any way that I can.

Currently learning Vietnamese (All dialects - Slowly but surely) whilst completing my university course & have met with Vietnamese near me to discuss helping me in my 'Quest' so-to-speak.

Again, thank you everyone for your replies & I will continue to read this as time progresses.

- J

Jayonthekeys wrote:

(OP)

Thank you everyone for your comments! I've come back after a while to give these messages a read.

I'll have my dB MSc completed soon & will head to Vietnam once the borders are open.

My aim is to teach English (Also maybe the Piano) in Vietnam & volunteer in Ho Chi Minh hospital with regards to Agent Orange. I also want to assist the poor in any way that I can.

Currently learning Vietnamese (All dialects - Slowly but surely) whilst completing my university course & have met with Vietnamese near me to discuss helping me in my 'Quest' so-to-speak.

Again, thank you everyone for your replies & I will continue to read this as time progresses.

- J

Having read this post I think your best bet would be to get yourself here, find a location you like with schools close by, get yourself a cheapish apartment settle in and advertise that you do english & piano classes with the staff in the apartment block ask how/where you can put notices and which hospital you can volunteer in,, within days/weeks you will have women asking you all types of questions, why you are here, are you married, do you have a girlfriend from there start taking any you like out for a coffee/meal etc.

If you show you are keen to work, fit in with VN culture they will be asking you for your contact details,, trust me there are millions of women here who just want a nice, honest hard working guy that will treat them good.

When I was looking the number one question was do you have a good heart,, meaning are you a nice person after that they just want someone to treat them nice.

Like people have mentioned above,,, if they have tats, huge boobs, show cleavage, have 1/2 inch of make-up on stagger around in high heels and want nothing else but money or gifts,,, they are looking for a sugar daddy.

Sugar Babies are quite common these days in VN.

Sugar Babies

At the risk of sounding unpopular why choose HCM? There are much nicer places to live in Vietnam such as Da Nang where there is much less pollution, less overcrowding and much cheaper housing.

Most ppl come to HCM to work and i can understand if you're getting transferred here on a high salary. Starting from scratch though there are much better options if you value your health and a more peaceful life.

Hie guys i really enjoy your experience you shared with me i hope will enjoy good life in vietnam next year cant wait to go.lol.

colinoscapee wrote:

Sugar Babies are quite common these days in VN.

Sugar Babies

Maybe the male OP would be interested in this:

Equal Opportunity

I've noticed people worry to much on this thread with regards to what others think, people re-wording, correcting themselves, arguing with each other or clearing up misinformation or sounding unpopular but all information is information learnt I find! No judgement here & again, I appreciate what most have said! Truly!

My heart is huge & I'm giving up on my life, family, friends, money & work (Currently a Project Manager for a High Class Worldwide Firm) to help the vulnerable. I will make less money in Vietnam than I do in the UK. I work full-time, also part-time student & play the stock market & do piano lessons just to make this dream a reality. I've worked non stop for 2 years without having much of a private life to make all this happen.

Thank You again everyone, sorry I can't tag people; still don't know how to work forums. I'm a simple creature!

- J

The world will be your oyster here if you prefer old ladies. There are many ladies in their 40s and 50s available looking for relationship, because most expats prefer a younger model. So you will have free run. I prefer to date Vietnamese girls between 21 and 30 but we all have preferences.
Badoo and Vietnamcupid has a lot of single older ladies, as does Facebook dating which is only available in Asia i believe. Good luck

Go sit in a coffee shop in the city.. see someone you like and smile.. if she's smiles backs she will probably entertain at least a coffee and a chat..

To teach here you will need some form of teaching certificate.. TESOL of TEFL

Jayonthekeys wrote:

Another suggestion:  instead of a dating app or site, try a pen-pal site.  After corresponding for a while, you won't be strangers when you meet, and you can learn all you initially need to from her and she from you before meeting in person.  That is what I did, and we have been together for 17 years now.

I met my woman on a coffee shop 3 years ago

DMUNL08 wrote:

I met my woman on a coffee shop 3 years ago

Was she on the the roof?  :D

Closed