Getting a Police Check document from Vietnam

Hi everyone,

Been so long since I have been here in this forum and miss everything about Vietnam so much. I left Vietnam to move to Australia and am now in the process of applying for my PR here. Just have a question and wondering if anyone would be able to help me out.

I need to apply for a police check in Vietnam as this is one of the required documents. Would anyone have an idea how I could go about doing that? Online or do I have to fly back? And I was on a Temporary Residency for 2 years in Vietnam which was sponsored by the agency which was also the company. Would I have to go through them again to apply for it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

That would be quiet difficult. Usually those paper is done by the police of your residence (red residence book) they are writing you a kind of confirmation that you have been living there and how long as well as that you were not involved in any crimes. Other way in my opinion, without flying back is get someone here who has contacts and pay money to get this somehow done. Sounds very difficult issue

were you able to secure one? there's  a law firm who assists getting u a police clearance in Hanoi since you already left vietnam

Hello

I think everything is possible but you need to find the right person who can do that for you without your in here.

Good Luck.

Hi,

Just wondering, were you able to get the police check from Vietnam?
I need to get it for my aussie visa, and I'm looking for a reliable Vietnamese company that can assist with the paperwork.

You should apply in person at your nearest municipal or provincial Justice Department (So Tu Phap) where you live permanently. If your place of permanent or temporary residence is unidentifiable, you should apply in person to the National Center for Judicial Records (Trung Tam Ly Lich Tu Phap Quoc Gia). According to the Circular No.07/TTLT-BTP-BCA of Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Public Security dated 08/02/1999, foreigners are entitled to obtain information about themselves while residing in Vietnam.

1312j wrote:

You should apply in person at your nearest municipal or provincial Justice Department (So Tu Phap) where you live permanently. If your place of permanent or temporary residence is unidentifiable, you should apply in person to the National Center for Judicial Records (Trung Tam Ly Lich Tu Phap Quoc Gia). According to the Circular No.07/TTLT-BTP-BCA of Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Public Security dated 08/02/1999, foreigners are entitled to obtain information about themselves while residing in Vietnam.

The problem is that he is now in Australia.

Criminal Records Certificate (police check) for foreigners who resided in Viet Nam
I see there are two steps involved in this process. He will have to fly back to Vietnam for Step 2.

My mistake, in that case, I withdraw my comment; best off listening to someone else.

senwl wrote:

Criminal Records Certificate (police check) for foreigners who resided in Viet Nam
I see there are two steps involved in this process. He will have to fly back to Vietnam for Step 2.

Did you mean this when you referred to as step 2? 

"- Carefully fill in the Vietnamese form for Criminal Records Certificate No. 2 , click here (English version click here for your reference). You can NOT authorise anyone, but to do it yourself (submission in person at the Vietnamese NCCR or by international post)."

International post would tell me that you don't have to apply in person.

THIGV wrote:
senwl wrote:

Did you mean this when you referred to as step 2? 

"- Carefully fill in the Vietnamese form for Criminal Records Certificate No. 2 , click here (English version click here for your reference). You can NOT authorise anyone, but to do it yourself (submission in person at the Vietnamese NCCR or by international post)."

International post would tell me that you don't have to apply in person.

The Step 2 I mentioned is at the end of that page. (scroll down to the bottom)
Yes, international post is also an option  for submitting the papers to "Department of Justice of the Province/cities where you resided; or the Hanoi-based National Center for Criminal Records- NCCR"
Not sure if it's a good idea to rely entirely on postal service/s, especially if OP's place of residence in VN was other than Hanoi, HCM, Da Nang etc. In that case will NCCR issue a Criminal Check on behalf of their provincial headquarters? Sure they will but there could be a few back-and-forths between Hanoi and the provincial JD. Hanoi will then send it back to OP's address in Australia by post. 

If OP has no other choice, he can go for international post.
Since we all know how things work in Vietnam, for such an important document, I don't think it's prudent to rely entirely on postal services.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Duplicate post, copied from another thread

We can issue a police background check if you are not living here

sgndep wrote:

We can issue a police background check if you are not living here

Who is "We" and where is "here?"   :/

Here = Saigon- Vietnam and we as me and the Mtrs

sgndep wrote:

Here = Saigon- Vietnam and we as me and the Mtrs

You are still cryptic.  What is Mtrs?  Is it a typo?  For that matter, why would you have anything to do with issuing police checks?  My police check was issued by the People's Committee of Ho Chi Minh City and I expect all new ones are too.

Its a service we provide. For expats, the background check is done in Hanoi. Although,  you can aplly here.

Mrs as in wife,typo.

Your good for police checks. We can't provide too much info on an open forum.

sgndep wrote:

Its a service we provide. ....... We can't provide too much info on an open forum.

Does this statement imply that what you are doing is either illegal or only quasi-legal?

If you are simply affirming that you are not allowed to list contact info, why not just ask for contact via PM?

Hold on, let me explain to you exactly-  this conversation has ended.

sgndep wrote:

I guess that answers my question.

THIGV wrote:
sgndep wrote:

I guess that answers my question.

Sgndep is going to get a notice from the police to come down to their local office for a "working session"  :lol:

It sure does and in every sense of the way. Dont stand close to the windmill....

ok, i see this post is still alive.

so here is my situation.

i used to work in Hanoi and Vungtau for 3 yrs.

Now, i am in australia, trying to get my visa and the australian home affairs are requesting me a background check.

I filled out 03/2013/TT-LLTP, 04/2013/TT-LLTP, and 01/2014/LLTP.

How i am confronting two problems.

Problem 1. 

ANNEX 2,     I. SUBMISSION OF AN APPLICATION DOSSIER FOR CRIMINAL RECORD CERTIFICATES THROUGH POSTAL SERVICE,

1.1 states that
- An application form for criminal record certificates (Form No. 03/2013/TT-LLTP);
In case of requesting criminal record certificates number 2, the application form must include the certified signature of the requester (1)

The certified signature of the requester?? the note says

Certified at notary offices or commune - level Peoples Committees/ District-level Justice Division in Vietnam or Vietnamese Consulate protocol in abroad.

??????
so.... where the hell do i go get that certified signature in AUSTRALIA!?

Problem 2.

I am willing to receive it by DHL which i need marked it on 01/2014/LLTP.

how can i make a payment? thorough the bank payment? ok that's cool.

then how do i know the TOTAL AMOUNTS to be paid?

even the regulation says noone can do this on behalf of myself.

is it really possible for me to get this document done without visiting VN?

Have you considered contacting the Vietnamese Embassy located in your state and ask them about it?

okay. so i am just gonna write what i have done FYI, because i was struggling with this retarded work.

so i filled out the forms 03 04 and another one for recipient of this documents. i went to the consulate general of vietnam that was located in Edgecliff, Sydney.

that person working there told me i have 2 options.

1. i mail these forms to VN by myself. then after a month they will contact me with the fees i have to pay.

or 2. i pay 400 AUD there, then i will receive it in 10 days.

so, no offence but i know how THEY WORK, i decided to pay 400 AUD which was about 6.5tr VND. yes ingot ripped off but i feel much safer. because I dont have to worry about any VN risks (any risks that may occur such as missing documents from there, no contact, days it will take)
and my agency received it in a week.

400 was too big, because it only costs like 100k or something VN that i have done it before. and the express mail was about 80 or something (i checked at the post office downstair)
so their document processing fee was like 250.

but if i was not in such a rush, then i would do the first way.

Well done