All persons establishing their residence in Austria must register to the competent registration authority (Meldebehörde). You have to register in case of a first establishment of an accommodation in Austria, but also if you change your principal residence (Hauptwohnsitz) within Austria. Besides for an establishment of a further residence (Nebenwohnsitz), while the principal residence stays the same, a registration is required, too.

Which documents are required?
To apply for the confirmation of registration (Meldezettel) you need a completed application form with your landlords' signature if you live in a rented apartment.
Besides you need a birth certificate, a passport and if applicable an asylum certificate (Ayslausweis).

The confirmation of registration itself is free of charge.

Download Form Here

The link to the government form is not working

Lienzer Torte wrote:

The link to the government form is not working

Updated, thank you.

New topic