Exit stamp on exit from brazil to argentine

Hello everyone and specially James and thanks for helping us all here.
It was very usefull for me and i hope it is usefull for all of us using Expat.

I am from Pakistan. I know that when someone is travelling from Brazil to Argentina on CIE (RNE) by road they dont stamp passport and what I expect after reading these forums they even dont ask for passport.

I want to know that when you are travelling by air then they stamp your passport? Or it is same like by road?

I am expecting a baby here and you know after that for passport you have to stay here for one year to be eligible for passport. I want to complete that one year in this way. Is it possible?

Hope you understand and you will reply as early as possibel.

Regards,
Mohsin

Yes they "Might Not" stamp your passport if you use the bus but if they scan you CIE card it will automatically register in the database of Police Federal that you exited the country and left for Argentina!!! The exit stamp in your passport doesn't mean much any more as everything is computerised and will clearly show in thier Database!!!

If they "Don't Scan" however when your crossing by bus then you are in the clear and they won't know if you left! However if your trying to leave Argentina for another country they "WILL" scan your CIE at the airport to make sure it's valid and register your flight out of Argentina which again will reflect in Police Federal here in Brasil's Database!!!

So if you lie on the naturalization application "WHICH IS PUNISHABLE BY LAW" they will know!!! Plus your application might be refused based on those grounds so if I was you I'll consider these two things!!!

1) It's fine if your going to Argentina by bus but if you plan on staying there "MAKE SURE" Immigration or Border Control does not "SCAN" your CIE!!! MAKE SURE YOU PAY ATTENTION!!! If they scan it it will directly register and Police Federal will know!!! If they just look at it and give it back your okay BUT make sure upon return to Brazil they don't "SCAN" it upon re-entry into this country!!! Also make sure if you are ever stopped by the regular police for "ANY REASON" they just look at it and "DON'T SCAN" the barcode, If your CIE is never "SCANNED" your whole trip there It will be like you never left so you will be okay!

2) If your planning on exiting Argentina to another country by PLANE just forget about it because the Argentinian Immigration will want to know how you first got into the country which is by bus, which is fine but they will also want to know if you are legally in the country and the only way to prove this is by handing in you CIE which again is fine, Only thing is as soon as you hand it in they will "SCAN" the Barcode for authenticity and register your flight out which "WILL IMMEDIATELY" reflect in Police Federal's database of where you are and you flight out of that country!!!

The one year of permanent residency does not necessarily mean you cannot leave Brazil!!! You can leave but just leave for important reasons you can "JUSTIFY" such as maybe a death of a loved one or family member (If you can show an authenticated copy of a death certificate you should be okay) you can also use a short term study course abroad as an excuse (If you can show an certified certificate of completion of the course)

The rules or applying for naturalization are clear!!! It does not say anywhere you cannot leave!!! You just need to "BE ABLE TO JUSITIFY" the reason you left as important and your okay. Trying to sneak around is fine if your adventurous just make sure that your CIE is never "SCANNED" anytime from the start to the end of your trip!

How do I know all of this? I have a U.S "Passport Card" the Brazilian CIE uses the same technology, I don't get stamped out when am leaving the USA to a country that accepts the Passport Card Yet all my departures and entry's into "ANY COUNTRY" I present my Passport Card is recorded unto the U.S Immigration database, went to from Miami to England, took a train from England to France to tour Paris with a girlfriend came back to England for my return flight back to Miami, got Miami and lady at immigration said "Oh that nice!!! I always wanted to visit Paris"

How did she know i went to Paris when my tickets were only an in and out flight from Miami? "They Scanned my entry into France" and it registered in the USA immigration database!!!

Danial thank u for replying and typing that long msg..
Is it possible that i get paraguay or argentina visa from brasil and dont show them my RNE

You don't need a Paraguayan Visa or Argentinian Visa if you hold a valid CIE card!!! So if you go to the Embassy to apply for a visa they won't give you one and will advise you, you don't need one since you carry a CIE!!!

Another point to note!!! If you want a Visa to avoid showing your CIE is what you want to do that won't be possible in Brazil because you need Permanent Status to be able to apply for ANY type of VISA for another country within Brazil, the only time cases will be accepted is if you don't have an Embassy of the country of which you applying the Visa for in your home country!!! Which in this case is an Argentinian or Uruguayan Embassy in your home country, do you have these back home? If you do they will tell you to fly back there and apply!!!! The only condition on which they will accept your application which is "You don't have thier embassy in your home country" is if you are "STILL LEGAL" within Brazil which means your original visa you cane into the country with is "STILL VALID" which I highly doubt if you have a valid CIE and have had it for at least 90 days!!!

Like i said before the law is clear concerning naturalization!!! You can leave Brazil within the one year residency requirement period!!! Just be able to justify the reason why you left and you are fine!!! Drop the adventurous spirit and do it the straight forward right way so you have no type of problems!!!

Thank u Danial
It was really helpful.

I have all these countries embassies in Home country. So that is not possible. I try to work the way u suggested. If it work, good for. If dont, then still have CIE.

If i go to Argentina and fly from there on CIE. Then it is ok? They will not ask for Brazil exit or Argentina entry stamp or computerised entery and exit?

Again thank you.

Just make sure you leave for a reason you can justify and your application should be accepted and approved "Hopefully".

If for any reason your CIE is scanned anywhere during your escapades and you lie on the application form that you have remained in Brazil the whole time just know that this is a crime "Punishable By Law" and you application will most likely be turned down so just be truthful and justify any absences from the country period!!!

Hi Mohsin

Please note that everything that Mr. Duncan has mentioned is accurate and on point.

Now moving forward, as per your original post what I understand is that basically you are trying to fool the system in order to use the benefits so when you return you can apply for your citizenship.

Overall I don't agree with these tactics as majority of these tactics/theories are based on fake agents who take absurd amounts of money from people and tell them lies in order to benefit themselves.  My first reaction to this is to warn you to be careful.  If something sounds rosy or extremely easy please always take caution because the realities are never the same.

Furthermore for arguments sake let's say that you succeed in crossing over to "Argentina"  or any other bordering country without getting your CIE scanned or showing your passport.  Please note that when you will have to exit that particular country they will require proof of documentation showing how you have managed to enter the country as of now.  Hence as Mr. Duncan stated earlier, your ID or passport details will be required and the situation seems a bit complicated to the be sorted immediately.  They will either use your CIE to post an entry and exit in the system or they can even ask you to return and exit from your original point of entry.  All of these situations will be time consuming and I can guarantee will not be a breeze.

Lastly once again I would urge you to take time and do things the right way.  Brazil is an amazing country and the government welcomes people with open arms.  I don't think taking all these risks are worth loosing the privileges the government is providing for all of us expats.  In a way what I mean to say is that respect the country in the same way it's respecting us.

I wish you the best of luck and I sincerely hope that things work out for you in the best way possible

Thank you stanza

For your suggestion. It was to gether all information so that no one deceive. I love the last statement of your that v should respest the law as they are welcoming us with open arms for people like us. People of brazil and everyone here is very nice and kind with us as foreigners.

Again thanks