ONLINE SHOPPING FOR WOMEN

Hello,

to find any information about this is pretty difficult in English so perhaps anyone know where are the best places to find online shopping for beauty ( makeup,hair,clothing and so on) in Hungary, with delivery and so on.
I know only makeup plaza but not sure if it is legit.

Would be thankful for the help.

Aurelija.

makeup in general

http://www.maccosmetics.hu/products/138 … ajkak/ruzs

https://hu.bfashion.com/http://www.shopalike.hu/

search for - online ruha vasarlas

I use Google Chrome internet browser and it translates any foreign website into the language you wish.

Thank you!

arukereso.hu and argep.hu are price search engines, will find the product at different merchants, so you'll be able to compare the prices. Usually most things are cheaper when ordered from Austria or Germany (if you're ordering more items so that the sipping cost becomes less relevant), try idealo.de and idealo.at.

Hey atomheart,

Are you sure things are cheaper to order in Austria or Germany?

People from Austria make an effort to travel to Hungary because items are cheaper, as the coast of living is much cheaper.

SimCityAT wrote:

People from Austria make an effort to travel to Hungary because items are cheaper, as the coast of living is much cheaper.

There probably are items that are cheaper over here. Recently I've been comparing prices for hiking gear, clothing, sunscreen, guitar and related accessories, .de and .at is usually 10-30% cheaper.

SimCityAT wrote:

Are you sure things are cheaper to order in Austria or Germany?

If the shipper from Germany or Austria can use distance selling rules, the buyer in Hungary pays DE or AT VAT so saves up to 8% on the price right there. And when I travel to Austria I always pay Austrian VAT so I always save. Otherwise, I also find prices are not uncommonly cheaper in other parts of Europe when buying online than when buying online in Hungary, especially with more "specialty" items. Probably due to economics of scale -- simply fewer people here buying things so costs of doing business are higher, and those costs are passed onto the consumer.

Otherwise, prices are often pretty similar on the products sold in Hungary, Austria and Germany within the same international company. For example, go to web sites for business that operate both in Hungary and AT or DE, and compare prices (Aldi.hu and Aldi.at for example). But even there, you may then see that prices are often slightly higher in Hungary, often simply due to the retail practice of "just less than whole number prices". That is, something for 24.99 Euro in AT (just less than 25 Euro), will be priced in Hungary as 7,999 Forint (just less than 8,000 Forint). But 24.99 Euro is currently 7,742 Forint (from oanda.com). So you may pay a little bit more in Hungary from that alone.

There is no Alti.at Do you mean Hoffer.at?

SimCityAT wrote:

There is no Alti.at Do you mean Hoffer.at?

Hofer and Aldi are the same company. Just different names in different countries. So, yes, aldi.at will be redirected to the hofer.at website.

Yes because Hofer was an Austrian company that Aldi (German company) bought out when they were expanding across Europe. So not to confuse people they continued with the name Hoffer.

But in general, all the prices are cheaper in Hungary.

SimCityAT wrote:

But in general, all the prices are cheaper in Hungary.

All? Um.... no. Certainly not all.

Did you actually look at this week's actual fliers online for identical items being offered in both countries? Because I actually did.

For example, the price of roller skates was the price I quoted (24.99 Euro in Austria, 7,999 HUF in Hungary) being offered this week in both countries.

For the Kézi gőztisztító (21,990 HUF) / Hand-Dampfreiniger (69,99 EUR). Oanda puts that Euro price at 21,683 HUF

For the Rattan hatású virágtartó (6,999 HUF) / Terrassentopf in Rattan-Optik (17,99 EUR). Oanda puts that Euro price at 5,573 HUF.

For the Rhododendron (2,499 HUF) / Rhododendron (6.99 EUR). Oanda puts that Euro price at 2,165 HUF.

And so on. There are plenty more examples in those fliers. Yes, the opposite also exists, and there are certainly many items cheaper in Austria in those fliers as well, but not enough for me to consider "in general" prices are cheaper in Hungary. It is not that simple. The days when Hungary was "in general" cheaper are for the most part over, yet the "perception" it is still persists.

It's hard to judge sometimes. Generally it's the cost of postage that puts me off doing a lot of mail order shopping. More and more I shop in the UK and bring it over when I visit.