Where To Find A Cheap Suitable Tailor?

One thing I would like to know about is; I hear that getting tailors to make suits there in BP is not so great and not very inexpensive.

But I do love a good bespoke suit to wear with my new Red Wings (just kidding, if you saw my other thread you'll get this). So, with labor costs what they are there you would think that someone would know a good inexpensive tailor.

If many other things are inexpensive there, I don't know why custom tailored suits would not be.

You have that China town area. Are their tailors there?

Or do you have to just fly to Asia and go that route?

Any feedback or connections would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Patrick

Enfusia wrote:

One thing I would like to know about is; I hear that getting tailors to make suits there in BP is not so great and not very inexpensive.

But I do love a good bespoke suit to wear with my new Red Wings (just kidding, if you saw my other thread you'll get this). So, with labor costs what they are there you would think that someone would know a good inexpensive tailor.

If many other things are inexpensive there, I don't know why custom tailored suits would not be.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing a suit in Hungary except perhaps someone who works in a bank or who are foreigners. I've certainly see them sweating in 38 C at the airport. 

BTW, I haven't worn a tie in Hungary for at least 17 years.  I stopped wearing them in work situations outside of the country at least 7 years ago.  You can get stuff made here but it's not going to be cheap. I believe people used to get shirts made here but I have not heard anything about that for years. Most people are buying stuff off the shelf as it's much cheaper.

There used to be a tailor next to one of the theatres here but I cannot remember the name of it. Maybe someone else will be able to say.   I think a lot of these places have closed down.

fluffy2560 wrote:
Enfusia wrote:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing a suit in Hungary except perhaps someone who works in a bank or who are foreigners. I've certainly see them sweating in 38 C at the airport. 

BTW, I haven't worn a tie in Hungary for at least 17 years.  I stopped wearing them in work situations outside of the country at least 7 years ago.  You can get stuff made here but it's not going to be cheap. I believe people used to get shirts made here but I have not heard anything about that for years. Most people are buying stuff off the shelf as it's much cheaper.

There used to be a tailor next to one of the theatres here but I cannot remember the name of it. Maybe someone else will be able to say.   I think a lot of these places have closed down.

Thank you for your reply.

Then if I may. What is that people wear out to the Opera or plays etc? When you go to these places what do you wear? Me personally, I'd rather take a beating than go to the Opera. But, my wife is all a flutter to go to the Opera in Vienna and also there in Budapest.

I had read that there were few tailors to be had there and that they were pricey. This doesn't really make sense to me, so it seemed odd.

Patrick

Last time I went to the opera I wore jeans and a T-shirt - never got dressed up for that. It was dirt cheap way back then.

Opera is in Italian with a display above showing the words in Hungarian. None of it is in English as far as I remember.  Theatre is very difficult as nearly everything is in Hungarian.

Same with cinema - very few movies are shown in English and only at one cinema that I can find. It didn't use to be like that but it's become very hard to find stuff in the OV (Original Version) the past 5 years.

There is a theatre company doing things in English but I only know vaguely about it. The director lives in my village but I do not know him "formally".

fluffy2560 wrote:

Last time I went to the opera I wore jeans and a T-shirt - never got dressed up for that. It was dirt cheap way back then.

Opera is in Italian with a display above showing the words in Hungarian. None of it is in English as far as I remember.  Theatre is very difficult as nearly everything is in Hungarian.

Same with cinema - very few movies are shown in English and only at one cinema that I can find. It didn't use to be like that but it's become very hard to find stuff in the OV (Original Version) the past 5 years.

There is a theatre company doing things in English but I only know vaguely about it. The director lives in my village but I do not know him "formally".

Jeans and a T-shirt. My wife will pinch a loaf in her undies. I went with her to the Opera in Russia and people did get dressed for it.
It was hilarious. I had just flown in the day before from the states and was not used to my night being day yet. She had to keep smacking me because I was snoring.

Yeah, the Opera was Italian and the words were in Russian so I had no clue.

It would be great if you could find a schedule of the directors performances and post them. I'm over in the states so it would do me no good at all. But others might like it and he would like the extra exposure I'm sure.

Enfusia wrote:

It would be great if you could find a schedule of the directors performances and post them. I'm over in the states so it would do me no good at all. But others might like it and he would like the extra exposure I'm sure.

I think he's very integrated with the locals - speaks excellent Hungarian - so probably does nothing in English or maybe only a bit.  Mrs Fluffy will know him better as his kids is the same school as my kids. I can ask. I heard there's an English theatre in Vienna but I was never in that theatre so I have no idea of the quality or type of work they do.  I restrict my theatre going to cinema and concerts by well known artists. Cannot go wrong with that.

fluffy2560 wrote:
Enfusia wrote:

I think he's very integrated with the locals - speaks excellent Hungarian - so probably does nothing in English or maybe only a bit.  Mrs Fluffy will know him better as his kids is the same school as my kids. I can ask. I heard there's an English theatre in Vienna but I was never in that theatre so I have no idea of the quality or type of work they do.  I restrict my theatre going to cinema and concerts by well known artists. Cannot go wrong with that.

Hi, I just thought others may want to know of it if it were in English. It will likely take me a year of living there before I have enough language grasp to go to a play in Hungarian and be able to say I understood most of it.

If I may; who are some of the well known artists that you would prefer to go see? American artists have to tour Budapest I would imagine wouldn't they?