I can't find...

Hi Everyone..

I would like to know, from where I can buy clorox in Budapest?? As all I see here in Vanish is available, but I'm a big fan of Clorox I feel it works better to keep white clothes perfectly white.

Or is there anything else to keep whites shiny and bright white?

Also I can't find spread cream cheese, which can be used in Pasta or sandwiches etc.

I can't find any green spinach or green coriander as well, not even in a Central Hall of fruits and veggies.

From where to buy soaps, shampoos and inner winter thermals in BP??

Lindasteve wrote:

Also I can't find spread cream cheese,

I find Lidl often carries Philadelphia Cream Cheese.  But it is expensive.

There is also a Hungarian soft cheese (not cream, but spreadable), comes in round cardboard containers with individually wrapped wedges. The product is called Maci (there is a bear image on the container -- Maci is "bear" in Hungarian (actually, it is "Teddy bear")).

Lindasteve wrote:

I can't find any green spinach

It is a often a seasonal item. So not always available in winter at smaller vendors. I do find it from from time to time in some vegetables stores in winter, but it is often hit and miss.

I'm pretty sure I saw Clorox for sale at Tesco and in DM .
Greens, well in winter it is cabbage, beets and onion season.
Get used to frozen veggies.
The fresh greens do not usually appear until springtime and the first crops are overpriced.
Coriander is sometimes sold at a Chinese vendor in the large market hall.
We try to grow our own on a window box in good weather.
Beauty products can also be found in many places.
Depends on what quality you're looking for.
The Chinese markets sell a mix sort of hair products and if you search they have professional beauty supply houses or salons carry high end products but beware, they charge a ton as well.
I usually buy Matrix products in the 6th district at a beauty supply house for professionals, buy large liter bottles at a time, usually costs about $50, for shampoo and conditioner.
There is also a Hungarian brand of hair products that can be found in malls sometimes in budget salons or in almost every Chinese shop in town.
The brand is made in Hungary and is actually not bad at all for the price, the colors also work well.
brand is called Kallos.
A liter bottle in a Chinese shop is around $1,500 Forints while Matrix is about 8,000 a bottle.
Beauty salons are not the best places to buy products if you are watching your pennies as they always have a high market up.
Most large shopping malls have ."Diva" stores that sell almost all the high end names in cosmetics.
The beauty supply house in the 6th is called, "
Toth" but the address I can't remember.
It is more of a warehouse so no wandering about inside, you just ask the clerk they they go into the stock room and bring out your order. Have to know what you want before entering.
It's for professionals but even when I brought in my papers they never asked to see them.

Washing techniques, machines and detergents are very different in Europe and it is best to get to know what works rather than trying to reproduce what you have back home. In particular, we don't do cold washes and heat is important to get the best results. I do clothes at 40c and towels at 60c. For the vast majority of washing you just need powder with no added bleaches or whatever. Hungarian water tends to be very hard so you do need more powder than in soft water locations. I personally dislike liquid detergent as it deposits nasty slime on hidden surfaces of the machine.

Lindasteve wrote:

Hi Everyone..

I would like to know, from where I can buy clorox in Budapest?? As all I see here in Vanish is available, but I'm a big fan of Clorox I feel it works better to keep white clothes perfectly white.

Or is there anything else to keep whites shiny and bright white?

Also I can't find spread cream cheese, which can be used in Pasta or sandwiches etc.

I can't find any green spinach or green coriander as well, not even in a Central Hall of fruits and veggies.

From where to buy soaps, shampoos and inner winter thermals in BP??

I think Clorox is bleach.  You can buy it everywhere in supermarkets - sometimes called Domestos. But that's used for cleaning your floors, toilets and so on.  However, I think you don't want to put that on your skin unless you have eczema or want to do root canals. 

Anyway, you could try Muller for clothes whitener or possibly Euro Family.  You'll have to Google for those places for your locality. We have both of these in my village, Euro Family is much cheaper than Tesco but Muller is on the pricey ("Austrian") side.

Soaps and Shampoos - Euro Family or DM or anywhere really.

Cream cheese is easy. Get it in Aldi - all sorts of different flavours there. I don't think it's expensive.  Processed cheese would be cheese triangles - also many flavours in Aldi.

Coriander and spinach - Tesco or Auchan if you are lucky and the season is right.  Spinach is easier than Coriander.

Thermals - maybe Triumph outlet shop (Google it although there's one in Torokbalint).

If you wish to go "Hungarian" you can look for Hypo, a super strong bleach that is super cheap and comes in a brown plastic bottle with a screw cap. Have to be ultra careful as sometimes the caps are loose and you could spill the product all over yourself and bleach out your clothing.
I never use it on clothing but for floors and killing everyday damp moldy places in the bathroom.
Most common areas in apt. houses use Hypo for washing up and moping near the trash areas to kill everything.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

If you wish to go "Hungarian" you can look for Hypo, a super strong bleach that is super cheap and comes in a brown plastic bottle with a screw cap. Have to be ultra careful as sometimes the caps are loose and you could spill the product all over yourself and bleach out your clothing.
I never use it on clothing but for floors and killing everyday damp moldy places in the bathroom.
Most common areas in apt. houses use Hypo for washing up and moping near the trash areas to kill everything.

I know that Hypo stuff.  Comes in that industrial type bottles.

Really strong and ideal for sterilising (or nuking) those kinds of areas.

Hypo would be full Hungarian and Domestos the half-Hungarian solution.

I guess the Hypo comes from Sodium HYPOchlorite.   

Dentists use it a cleaning agent for root canals too.

Lindasteve, surprise surprise, we too have supermarkets and convenience stores!!1! Was your question serious?

atomheart wrote:

Lindasteve, surprise surprise, we too have supermarkets and convenience stores!!1! Was your question serious?

Her timeline says she's from the Bahamas, a place I'm reasonably familiar with.

They have supermarkets there for sure but the entire place is totally dominated by the USA and actually their choices are quite limited to products produced in the USA so presumably limited familiarity with HU product names.   Stuff here must seem really cheap compared to there (Bahamas).

Hello everyone.. So where to find Full Cream Milk Powder in Budapest??
Is there anyother milk powder except Nido. Something that can be used in Baking or in some desserts??

I guess Lindasteve needs Clorox maybe to wash white clothes?? So Hypo and Domestos can't be use for whites... right??

Om Muhammad wrote:

Hello everyone.. So where to find Full Cream Milk Powder in Budapest??
Is there anyother milk powder except Nido. Something that can be used in Baking or in some desserts??

I guess Lindasteve needs Clorox maybe to wash white clothes?? So Hypo and Domestos can't be use for whites... right??

Hypo is for industrial type use. Domestos is for squirting in your toilet or washing down surfaces or soaking mops.  That kind of heavy bleach on white clothes will probably damage the material.   

I should point out there was another thread - Where can I buy? - in these forums but I don't have a reference.

Lindasteve wrote:

....and inner winter thermals in BP??

I was in Aldi today and I noticed that they have an advert up outside for thermal underwear. 

Probably next week or the week after - but get there quick as good stuff goes quickly.

I was really surprised that somebody is having trouble finding very common items that pretty much every small groceries store carries. Those who don't know the local brands, could look at Tesco's online shopping site, it has an english version and products are categorized: https://bevasarlas.tesco.hu/groceries/

Same with auchan: https://online.auchan.hu/en/

CBA has something similar, no english version, but you can use google translate and find even more brands: https://online.prima.hu/

Actually, domestos is spot-on. But you have to look for the word "fehérítő" on it, which is whitener. Ordinary domestors will be like the blood of the aliens in the movies - melt through your clothes and 4 floors.

UK people know what this is. Where can I find Bombay mix.
It is a lentil or nut spicy noodle type snack usually sold in UK supermarkets Asian stores?

anns wrote:

It is a lentil or nut spicy noodle type snack usually sold in UK supermarkets Asian stores?

Ask at the British shop in Budapest?

anns wrote:

Try the Asian shop next to the big indoor market (Vamhaz, Metro 4, Szabadsag hid, opposite Gellert Hotel, Pest side).

They have just about everything.  We were there the other day - bought Thai Red Curry Paste, Chinese prawn crackers, Cardamom seeds etc.  They even have Marmite and HP Sauce if interested. The best thing is that they have many different types of spices like Aniseed, Five Spice, Tumeric and so on all in little packets.  It's not cheap but it's a pretty good browse.

If you manage to get some Bombay Mix, please report back it was successful!

fluffy2560 wrote:

They even have Marmite

What. Not Vegemite? Or Cenovis?

Oh. No. Wait.... this discussion had already happened. Never mind.  :cool:

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

They even have Marmite

Everyone knows Vegemite is just a pretender to the Marmite type spreads throne. 

Vegemite is not even nice.  Poor imitation.

As for Cenovis, never heard of it.   I had to Google it and when I found out, how I laughed at the audacity of Switzerland to even contemplate usurping the majesty of yeast based extracts.

Accept no others, Marmite or die!

fluffy2560 wrote:
klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

They even have Marmite

Everyone knows Vegemite is just a pretender to the Marmite type spreads throne. 

Vegemite is not even nice.  Poor imitation.

As for Cenovis, never heard of it.   I had to Google it and when I found out, how I laughed at the audacity of Switzerland to even contemplate usurping the majesty of yeast based extracts.

Accept no others, Marmite or die!

Had a Vegemite sandwich in 1986 in Paris... no repeats thanks.
Yuck.
I used to miss some US snacks in Hungary but slowly but surely stopped missing them at all.
In the states now and in Hungary I would think, oh yes, when I visit home i'll enjoy some Taco Bell, some ice cream in flavors I like etc.
Well here now and did Taco Bell one time only, haven't bought but 2 small boxes of ice cream in these many months and have bought zero cookies or cakes here.
Weird, been buying fresh tumeric and ginger root, honey, fresh fruits and greens steal cut oaks and do-it yourself popcorn for a snack and that was only popped 2 times.
Guess after living so long in Hungary my tastes have changed.
HP sauce, have had that in the past but isn't that meat tenderizer? Doesn't seem great for one's insides if so.
I will however "force" myself to go to Taco Bell at least one more time just for old times sake.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Had a Vegemite sandwich in 1986 in Paris... no repeats thanks.
Yuck.

HP Sauce.......Doesn't seem great for one's insides if so.
I will however "force" myself to go to Taco Bell at least one more time just for old times sake.

American versions of Marmite were called Vegex.  Vegemite, the Aussie version, is really not very nice compared to the original British classic version. 

Marmite is very healthy with lots of vitamins in it and is often given to children although it does contain a lot of salt but it's used so extremely sparingly. It's not something you'd dollop on like Nutella.  One butters some toast and spreads the Marmite very thinly over the toast and then cuts it into strips for young kids/babies to eat - call them Marmite soldiers.  I was brought up on Marmite and I think it's brilliant.  The Fluffy crew think otherwise but they didn't have benefit of my early years Marmite exposure.

HP Sauce is not a meat tenderiser.  It's just a kind of steak sauce. Hungarians think it tastes too vinegary and tart but it's a total classic to eat your fish and chips with.  I personally don't think it's right for steak but it's very good on the side with chips (US: fries).  I like it far better than tomato ketchup (far too sugary).

It's become common now to call people Marmite as in "he or she is a bit Marmite".   Means that you can either like that person or not  as some people like Marmite and others don't.

Taco Bell - seen it, never had it, not likely to have it as it hasn't made its way to Europe.  Never seen one hereabouts anyway.

I've run out of Bovril, I must get some more stock in :D

I sort of doubt Taco Bell will come to Europe as many Europeans may not enjoy the mushy beans and hot sauce inside a soft flour tortilla.
I enjoy it when they make it right, added cheese and lots of chopped onions but it's been a long while since any fast food worker has made it the classic way with the right amount of ingredients.
Used to sell something called,"The Bell Burger" when I was a small kid. Basically just a sloppy Joe ( ground beef with a chilli sauce)inside a soggy style hamburger bun, grated lettuce inside... hmmmm...
They took that off their menu decades ago, sad to say.
Allot of times food is emotional rather then it being really tasty.
My mom who had 6 kids would treat us once in awhile by taking us on the sly to Taco Bell with her alone,not suppose to tell our siblings we had Taco Bell.
I wonder now how many times she took one of us with her and shared the snack food secret experience with them? It was always, "don't tell the others because I can't afford to take all of you at one time".
My mom loved hot spicy Mexican food and all sorts of hot dishes.
Soldiers, my husband mentioned before that they were called that in Hungary too, not sure what was the spread on top of the sliced toast pieces, sure it wasn't Marmite... I'd guess goose grease or lard?
I can't stand Nuttella, just not the same as peanut butter.
In the US different areas of the country sell different brands of soda and other snacks that can only be found in various regions.
In a smaller country everyone knows what's what but in the states some brands can't be found in the same country if you live in a different state.
In the 1960's we always brought mixes of Mexican spices and taco/tortilla shells with us in our suitcases when we visited family in Conn.  My mom would fix them up a Mexican dinner and it was a rare treat for them at the time.

SimCityAT wrote:

Switch to Marmite.

fluffy2560 wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

Switch to Marmite.

Have Bovril to drink, we can get it here. I just need to make the effort to go to Vienna to get it.

SimCityAT wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

Switch to Marmite.

Have Bovril to drink, we can get it here. I just need to make the effort to go to Vienna to get it.

Some people actually do use Marmite to drink but personally I cannot see the attraction when you can reach nirvana by having it on toast.

fluffy2560 wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Switch to Marmite.

Some people actually do use Marmite to drink but personally I cannot see the attraction when you can reach nirvana by having it on toast.

Looked online at what was Marmite.
Yeast extract?
Sorry I'm not a huge eater and can think of allot of tastier things then yeast extract to fill me up.
Now if you're talking about pickled herrings or lox, I'm there.
Herrings with green onions dark bread and a glass of beer, pure heaven.
Of course i grew up on Tang and Kool-Aid so really what do I know about cuisine?
Not sure if it's exactly a healthy treat but goose grease on toast is rather nice for breakfast with a strong cup of tea, we sometimes make our own grease mix by purchasing goose skin at the farmers market and boiling it down over the stove, get those crispy little "skin nuggets" that are also a treat.
I have actually basically "turned Hungarian" as oppossed to "turning Japanese".
Love those Hungarian breakfasts with the total spread of veggies coffee, teas and nice rolls or toast.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Looked online at what was Marmite.
Yeast extract?
Sorry I'm not a huge eater and can think of allot of tastier things then yeast extract to fill me up.

Put like that, it's not attractive but believe me, it's a lot nicer than it sounds. It's also very healthy. Very good for pregnant women and anyone really. They used to give it to soldiers.  Rich in vitamin Bs.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Now if you're talking about pickled herrings or lox, I'm there.  Herrings with green onions dark bread and a glass of beer, pure heaven.

I'll join you if you can drop the dark bread for HU white bread, freshly baked.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Of course i grew up on Tang and Kool-Aid so really what do I know about cuisine?
Not sure if it's exactly a healthy treat but goose grease on toast is rather nice for breakfast with a strong cup of tea, we sometimes make our own grease mix by purchasing goose skin at the farmers market and boiling it down over the stove, get those crispy little "skin nuggets" that are also a treat.
I have actually basically "turned Hungarian" as oppossed to "turning Japanese".
Love those Hungarian breakfasts with the total spread of veggies coffee, teas and nice rolls or toast.

Well, I can imagine your arteries are healthy with goose fat. You must as gone native as Mrs Fluffy swears by it too.  My 90 year old mother told me it was pig fat they used in the north of England.  Yuck.

Strangely enough only this morning I read a BBC news article about fatbergs blocking up the sewers in the UK. Apparently it's a problem in American cities and oddly in Germany around the Ramstein airbase.  Worth reading the article here: BBC Fatberg News (warning  - if you're eating - fatberg nasties). 

The rather strangely jolly looking German scientist (why so happy about fatbergs?), says (my highlighting):

Ramstein has a problem with fatbergs, which, according to Dr Andrea Junker-Buchheit, is partly due to the fact the city has a US military base, which has brought with it a cuisine that is traditionally higher in fat.

"They are living here more in a US way of life than a German way of life, so we have a lot of burgers and restaurants like that."

It would be great to know we are actually eating grass feed beef.
We don't eat meat daily, one egg every few days for me as well.
I love eastern European dishes and enjoy almost all HU foods except for items such as tripe or anything "hairy looking .. not a fan of lamb meat either although I know those you like it really like it.
I will not touch bunny meat either or horse mule or anything that could be a pet.
I know some people have fish and chickens as pets but don't wish to split "hairs or hares" about it.
Right now we are playing with growing sprouts in a cupcake pan in our bedroom, fun to see them growing.  Suppose to be good to eat in a week or so from now.
My husband swears the HU bread is not as good as it used to be of course people do tend to have fuzzy memories about childhood, things were so much better they say way back when. Basically ones taste buds weren't destroyed as a child from drinking, smoking or whatever.
Germans eating like Americans, funny the whole world has become a cesspool of bad eating habits.
I see people here in Vegas with beautiful cars but with ugly bodies who seem like they can barely walk to their car 50 feet.
These people are at least 20 some years my jr. too, God help them after age 60.
People waiting for a up close parking spot , I always tell my husband to park far off so we can get a bit of a walk, why not it's how our bodies were made, to be used.
I found a shop in Budapest that sells international foods, looks like from the UK and US mostly.
All items in the store are what I'd call junk processed foods and way way overpriced.
I may bring back a bottle of Worcestershire sauce from the US ( yes meat tenderizer, not really healthy but tasty) if I can pronounce it I might as well pack it.
That's about the only sort of sauce item I miss from the west, probably can find it in Hungary now days too.
A bottle of that stuff has lasted me well past it's due date, years actually.
That is crazy how bad the sewer systems are, just imagine what all that grease is doing to the insides of living things.
We use more coconut , olive and grapeseed oils and use real butter in moderation.
I will sometimes use goose grease as a base for soups but not all of the time.
I take zero medications and my husband takes half a pill a day for his slight health issues. My goal is to get him 100% off all meds by changing his diet but sometimes it's hard to get him away from the greasy foods... Bacon no. 1 enemy.
Here in the US I haven't even bought any bacon products for months now, think I may of broken the chain after all.
Was looking into purchasing some CBD oil here, it's legal.
Sort of afraid to try it though in case it really works as it is illegal in Hungary.
Might just have to stick to my homemade "special" cookies while we are here...
Even those are a bit much for me.
It's so strange here that they have billboards, signs etc. for "green stores" in Vegas.
They are located all over the place here, no doctors script needed now either, just an ID.
Not really a fan of that either but it would be fantastic if it was legal in Hungary if only for a few summertimes concerts and events.
Might put Dreher out of business though if it was legal.

Going off track from the OP. Lets continue over to Absolutely Anything Else thread?

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I may bring back a bottle of Worcestershire sauce from the US ( yes meat tenderizer, not really healthy but tasty) if I can pronounce it I might as well pack it.
That's about the only sort of sauce item I miss from the west, probably can find it in Hungary now days too.
A bottle of that stuff has lasted me well past it's due date, years actually.

You can buy Worcester Sauce in HU Tesco.   We needed some the other day for something we were making and Mrs Fluffy found it very easily which surprised me.  Thought it'd be impossible.

BTW, any Americans wishing to spy on the British could do the fake accent but we'd soon catch them out with our quaintly pronounced Woo-ster Sauce and not  Wo-Sester-shy-er Sauce.   Worcester is of course a British town and home of the original sauce.  I've never felt the urge to go there and probably never will.

Thanks, will buy at Tesco then, need all the space I can find in my luggage for more "exciting" purchases.
I knew a women in Budapest, suppose she still lives there.
She was from the US and lived alone most of the time as her US husband was always gone with his job in the US military.
She showed us around her beautiful 150 sq, meter flat in the 5th district on the top floor, so nice.
She opened her cabinets up to show off her Mayo from the US.
She said her husband usually brings an entire suitcase full of his fave mayo everything time he visits the US and stocks up on it.
Well, yes, the rich are ,"different"!

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I see people here in Vegas with beautiful cars but with ugly bodies who seem like they can barely walk to their car 50 feet.

I think most of the world has this image more clearly defined with the "Walmart Scooter":

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hampoland.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2010%2F12%2Fscooter.jpg&f=1

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FkukR1LSjE2c%2Fhqdefault.jpg&f=1

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fd3qvyul2tp4j8.cloudfront.net%2Fi%2FXwqV19peOo.jpg&f=1

klsallee wrote:
Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I think most of the world has this image more clearly defined with the "Walmart Scooter":

In a recent trip in that direction, I could see that everywhere.  It's an epidemic and a vicious circle - too large to walk, cannot walk as too large. 

On the other hand, not everyone who is that  large is that big because of overeating.  Certain medications make one large regardless of what one does.   But eating carefully and doing some level of exercise has to work as does wiring someone's jaw shut.

I was shocked how unhealthy the food was further West over the pond.  I think I actually felt ill.   I even decided on my next trip to stay at a different hotel where I can be more cautious and try and select the right stuff from the buffet.

What's really disturbing are the kids. Just take a look at a high school yearbook from the '60s. Then look at today's teenagers.

zif wrote:

What's really disturbing are the kids. Just take a look at a high school yearbook from the '60s. Then look at today's teenagers.

I think they just reflect the times as they were then.

I thought the 1970s were worse but I was a teenager then and I used to think I was pretty cool. 

Our teenage Fluffyette thinks I'm mostly an idiot:

Me: "Where's the dog gone?" (thinking it's escaped)
Fluffyette: "huh..." (face stuck in phone). 

Ask again....

Fluffyette: Duh, where do you think it is? 
Me: I dunno. 

Fluffyette: In the garden, duuuuh.....
Me: I wouldn't ask if I knew....
Fluffyette:  Duuuuh....don't hassle me....(face still stuck in phone)

I expect in maybe 5 years there will be some thinking back and no doubt the conclusion will be that I'd learnt a lot during the intervening time.

zif wrote:

http://pzacad.pitzer.edu/~hfairchi/News/psychology/JaneElliottLAT0326091.jpg

http://p10cdn4static.sharpschool.com/UserFiles/Servers/Server_124554/Image/Class%20of%202018/FIS%20Class2018%20JTAhrens%2018SEP17_0740.jpg

SimCityAT wrote:
zif wrote:

[img align=C]http://pzacad.pitzer.edu/~hfairchi/News/psychology/JaneElliottLAT0326091.jpg[/url]

[img align=C]http://p10cdn4static.sharpschool.com/UserFiles/Servers/Server_124554/Image/Class%20of%202018/FIS%20Class2018%20JTAhrens%2018SEP17_0740.jpg[/url]

Nice group of healthy happy looking young people.

I mentioned a few posts back that a Walmart in Kansas had banned a women for life from entering Walmart.
Her crime was to be well dressed, riding one of those electric scooters in the store while, this is the kicker, drinking wine out of a Pringles can at 6:30 am.
I wonder if she had waited until the cocktail hour if she could of pulled it off or not!

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I mentioned a few posts back that a Walmart in Kansas had banned a women for life from entering Walmart.

Her crime was to be well dressed, riding one of those electric scooters in the store while, this is the kicker, drinking wine out of a Pringles can at 6:30 am.
I wonder if she had waited until the cocktail hour if she could of pulled it off or not!

I noticed in the 1960s picture the writing on the blackboard.  That can only have been taken in the USA.   Very standard kind of writing I've noticed a lot of Americans use.  The other picture look possibly European.  But yes, I think both pictures evoke hope for the future.

I'd have thought the wine would be ruined by the Pringles previously.  Very salty.   But what exactly was she doing wrong.  The Pringles can was no doubt to disguise the booze I suppose as she couldn't (in Kansas) drink it directly out of the bottle.  She should have put it in a coffee cup.

This is from 2002:

"A typical 15-year-old boy weighed 135.5 1966 and 150.3 pounds by 2002. A typical 15-year-old girl went from 124.2 pounds to 134.4 pounds."

https://www.livescience.com/49-decade-s … atter.html

And 2017:

http://thevalleyexpress.com/2017/04/17/ … cil-award/

As for adults, the 2002 study linked above says, "The average weight for men rose 'dramatically,' in the CDC's words, from 166.3 pounds in 1960 to 191 pounds in 2002. Women went from 140.2 pounds in 1960 to 164.3 pounds in 2002."