Industrial Design - Hong Kong / Shanghai

I have two upcoming interviews and I'm worried about the dreaded salary question. One job is in Shanghai the other Hong Kong. I was wondering if these salaries expectations are accurate for a foreigner. I'm in the 75% in Canada ($67K CAD yearly) so I'd expect to be there same there at the least.

¥360K CNY yearly - Shanghai (69K CAD)
$507K HKD yearly - Hong Kong (98k CAD)

Source:
http://www.coroflot.com/designsalarygui … -designer/

Just trying to figure out if these number are accurate or the average has been brought down by local salaries, from my understanding companies will usually pay foreigners more.

"From my understanding companies will usually pay foreigners more."
That is a common misconception.

Being you - with your own personal CV and experience - could be worth some money if you fit for the position particularly well, but there is no reason to give you more money solely because you come from abroad. I totally understand why they would pay you a relocation allowance, but a higher salary... that's a big assumption.

How many years of experience do you have? Generally speaking, HK$500k in HK (plus bonus) sounds like a Master's degree plus 4-5 years of experience.

If they make you an offer, please note that there are some legal and operational aspects of the contracts that you may want to negotiate to maximize your revenue. Feel free to contact me directly.

That assumption is because I used the same post for a Shanghai forum as well, also interviewing there. I guess that more true mainland China.

I have about 7 years of experience as well as another degree that would be relevant for this role. I more so based that number on my last salary here and how it fit in the range of salaries in Canada. I'm just gathering information if I do get asked about salary expectations.

If I do get an offer, I will take you up on that, thanks.